Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile me fly bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
Anyone with a flybar.
i went back to flybar. IAm not getting the real purpose of this gps thing for a 3d heli y isnt that stuff more suited for air photoagraphy. if sumtn duz come along i figure theyll just start putting flybarless an it all in one as a super brain sytem. wouldnt doubt if they dont have a system that you just program the heli to do 3d with a laptop at the field that way its truly hands off.
genuine is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Because they can both fail in exactly the same way. In theory. You said that you wouldn't buy this unit because it has total control over the servo's. If anything goes wrong with it, you have no control over the servo's. Exactly the same with a fbl unit. Hence the comparison.
except that it is a second component to fail..
I agree less items that have potential control over my flight control servos the better.

If Mikado or Skookum were to come out with a single unit that had a hard deck function I would be all over it..

but naw.. adding more boxes to fail and removing technology by removing sat use is a game breaker.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been waiting for the announcement. Will it plug into the existing CPII and what does it do??

Need more info.....

Paka.
Paka is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeveeSiN View Post
except that it is a second component to fail..
I agree less items that have potential control over my flight control servos the better.

If Mikado or Skookum were to come out with a single unit that had a hard deck function I would be all over it..

but naw.. adding more boxes to fail and removing technology by removing sat use is a game breaker.
That is your choice and opinion to have,
I have both setups ( Direct SATs and Rx> Controller) on several machines and have yet to have any issues with either.
Hardware will fail no argument on that point, weither it be Controller, ESC, servos or ball link.
I don't build and fly worrying about such matters... it is part of the hobby we chose to enter.

nightflyr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't get me wrong, i won't be flying this new system either. Just thought as far as you, the pilot, not controlling the servo's directly it's pretty similar to a fbl unit. But it's also true if you ad this, on top of a fbl controller, the signals to the servo's have to pass through 2 unit's...
But hey, to each his own. If it works perfect, it's a great invention.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Assuming it is a mating unit to the CPII most likely plugs into the avionics computer

Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

Old 05-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I assume you have to set the "deck" to the lowest safe level. I could see this not working in situations where there are obstacles. Shrubs, trees, hills. Does it have obstacle detection
Old 05-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
The 3 mistake rule now becomes passe'
Sounds like you have flown this and have experience with the system. So what is the lower limit of the deck?

Big Fil is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Assume it to be adjustable.. but with a safe margin to the ground

Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rototerrier View Post
I assume you have to set the "deck" to the lowest safe level. I could see this not working in situations where there are obstacles. Shrubs, trees, hills. Does it have obstacle detection
Don't have hills here much on the south shore of Long Island... mostly flat lands,

As to trees and such I usually try to go to areas that are wide open myself

Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
That is your choice and opinion to have,
I have both setups ( Direct SATs and Rx> Controller) on several machines and have yet to have any issues with either.
Hardware will fail no argument on that point, weither it be Controller, ESC, servos or ball link.
I don't build and fly worrying about such matters... it is part of the hobby we chose to enter.
who said anything about issues with an external RX except more wires to worry about getting loose.. not to mention the cost of an RX adds to build as well. when Sats are cheaper.
I said going back and using an RX especially a full size on todays aircraft is impractical and in some cases removes functionality ( SK540 you lose gov if you go external rx) The box I'm worried about failing is a second box in line with the FBL controller. the CP2.. same as Dom said.. it just isnt practical.. now if they integrate that tech into one of the big FBL systems you will hit a grand slam.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it would be perfect if rather than there being a "deck", it could just avoid obstacles. The ground being the major one. Maybe a 360 degree sensor. Probably just wishful thinking.

With something like this there would be no more crashing into the ground, or people, or trees, or cars, or houses, or even other helis and planes.

No more mid air collisions.

This would be amazing if achievable.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up I need this!

I have crashed my T-Rex 450 once and now I'm afraid of hitting the ground again. I'm very interested....
Helicopper is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Assume it to be adjustable.. but with a safe margin to the ground
Ah OK, your previous statements made it sound as if you'd had first hand experience with the system and had seen it in action.

Big Fil is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What I know of and what experience I do have concerning these flight platforms is as much as could be expected with new technology

Old 05-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Neat technology – but I’ll pass as well. I like that stomach in the throat feeling I get when trying something new. The day I get that nervous about putting a heli into the ground is the day I take up model railroading.
But of course each to there own…
Heli Maine is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If someone likes it and feels better having such system installed ... fine.
But revolutionize heli flying???? Such features are available for years now so what is really new?
im4711 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #80 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Because they can both fail in exactly the same way. In theory. You said that you wouldn't buy this unit because it has total control over the servo's. If anything goes wrong with it, you have no control over the servo's. Exactly the same with a fbl unit. Hence the comparison.

You are still missing my point, maybe i wasn't clear in explaining it. People generally buy a FBL unit to improve performance. If you crash due to the FBL unit you can consider that part of the price you pay for better performance. The stab on the other hand only has the 1 purpose... to prevent crashes. How silly is it to crash in the pursuit of preventing crashes.

Quote:
This is new technology, lost orientation, dumb thumbs.. situations that usually lead to crashes are now limited to mechanical electrical failure..
Let us not confuse a new technology with a new implementation, this type of product has been around for years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in