Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NAZA H Heading hold does not work with motor running.

OK guys The Specs and then the problem,
Align 800E DFC. Trekker
NAZA H
ORIGINAL Tail Servo Align BL700H HV
NEW Tail Servo Savox SC0252MG
Futaba 8FG 14CH
Sbus RX Single Wire going from Sbus RX to DJI NAZA H
Castle ICE2 120HV ESC.

Now before someone gets into a hussy fit. My original Align servo shorted out on me. I was troubled with a tail servo that would only go to one end or the other with assistance from the hand. Basically non responsive. Took the Servo out and opened the case and smelt that classic smell of electrical burn. This servo the Align 750H is getting sent to who ever it needs to, to hopefully get replaced. It hasnt even been flown on yet.

So I installed a Savox Servo in its place SC0252MG that was originally going to go into my Raptor but now is in my 800E On the tail. Opened up the DJI config software and checked my end points. Checked that everything was operating in the correct direction and then checked the heading hold function outside the software. Everything appeared to be working correctly... Until I moved the throttle stick up and I loose ALL control of my tail servo. I have looked at everything on my radio for changes looked at everything on my DJI software for changes and all look the same. I tried different freq. for the servo and always loose it. Now I can go into man mode atti mode and gps mode with the motor off and it works I can even unplug the speed controller from the DJI and move the stick in any position and it moves and works correctly but as soon as the motor spools up at any speed I loose control of my tail rotor. Everything else is working correctly.
Any Ideas.?
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plug in another servo first then try using the setup without S Bus.
Valkman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

A update to my problem. Last night after writing my issues. I pulled out my helicopter again and tried something. I plugged one of the cyclic servos on my heli to the tail rotor channel out of my dji and plugged the tail servo into the cyclic and tried it everything worked motor off but motor on it followed my servo. For some reason its the servo which is new. Possibly getting interfearance from the noise IDK but I found that it doesnt work in this helicopter. Guess now I just have to find a new servo.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you tried my suggestion
Good you on track now. Better it failed on the bench than in the air so be thankful for that.
Valkman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I didnt isolate the dji out of the equation i just moved the plug for the tail servo to one of the cyclic and vise vera so it followed the servo. After removing the servo I smelt a burnt board. Its getting replaced.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in