Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default clutches,TT,and my 2 cents

I was reading some posts on a Frenzy in the CJY gyro part of the forum. The user mentioned of springing and/or breaking clutches. I only replaced my bell, and not the clutch. Anyone else have this problem??
I flew the TT frenzy and do not like it ( tail sucks) it is almost like the tube is winding up in the boom . Anyone else flying one?? problems? Hello?
Lastly , I was talking to the guy I sold my Frenzy 90 to and he told me to check out the shipping costs @ hobby King. To ship a frenzy 50 it is about $46.00 I know I did not pay that much before. A Main has the Frenzy for $149.00 also, and the shipping is about half of that $46.00. Problem is, A Main cannot get em (50's).
Alot of parts are on backorder as well. I feel ,as my friend does, that HK is stocking up the USA warehouse and screwing A-Main. Parts availibility has seemed to plague this model from day one and it's not getting any better.
I feel as though it is to the point I need to change ,which sucks ,cause I love the way the frenzy flies. I am not making the move yet ,but have looked @ and priced the ELY-Q. SO after I am done with this HK stuff ( working on and fixing) I think I will make the move to a different model ( it would be a vibe if it and parts weren't so $$).
Anyone, any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Look into the Outrage line of helis. They fly great and parts are cheep. Alot of shops carry them as well.

I love mine
Tradhunt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new Thunder Tiger Titan X50 is really nice. Also the MA Fury 55. I know a guy with an ELY-Q that likes it. I know several people that have had a lot of problems with the Outrage Velocity. One guy I know, out of frustration from having so many mechanical failures, sold his Velocity airframe for $50 at a fun fly. At the next fun fly the guy he had sold it too said it blew up on him after a part failed after about 8 flights. Both these guys are very experienced builders and fliers so I don't believe it was operator/builder error. They do fly good when they stay together though
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me 46$ shipping is not too much if you compare it to most helis this one costs a total of 196$ per kit which is extremely cheap.

Also since i do not leave in the US Amain shipping is costing me about the same ( i think it was 44$ something like that) BUT, they do not have stock for over 3 months, and the worst thing i mailed them 3 times no reply, i contact the online support and told me in 2 weeks...that was 3 months ago... LOL

in the end i bought mine from HK, they seem to sustain a constant amount of spares now and they do bring new kits every 3 weeks which is not bad, and EMS for spares takes 4 working days to my doorstep so i am satisfied for now.
shadowcaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowcaster , $196.00 is cheap. But is it really? Lets add the price of a metal swashplate ,thunder tiger clutch and bell, @ $46-$18-and$16 respectively.
So now the $196 price is really like $276.00.
I am not busting balls here, I am just saying, I would rather fly than chase gremlins. I also want to do all this at a reasonable price. The outrage?? think I will pass. The X-50 @ $449.00 ! no thanks, I will go with the trex 600 for a bit over $300.00 Instead. I have owned and flown x-cells in the past, but I was never impressed with the way they flew.
So this brings me full circle, a nice, inexpensive kit ELY-Q ??

On the shipping increase, I guess we can just blame that on fuel prices.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't understand why you need the metal swash, and the TT clutch and clutch bell? I only changed the clutch liner with the TT one (cost around 1.5$) nothing else and the heli flies perfectly for a few gallons now...

Note
My TZ is the latest batch so it may have some problems worked out that i didn't face and you did...

Anyway everyone sees things differently i have a small rex 450, it flies great but i don't want another enlarged version of this heli, i prefer something else, i really like my TZ especially the head design...
shadowcaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 05:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcaster View Post
I don't understand why you need the metal swash, and the TT clutch and clutch bell?

I actually used a KLONE clutch bell. It is vented , anodized and inexpensive. Replacing was alot easier than fooling with the liner.
I have metal swashplates on both my machines. The reason is that my first one developed alot of play after several flights ( I tried) and the second one was cracked where the ball screwed in. ( out of the box) Lastly , I fly 140 and just did not trust the plastic with the longer link balls.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Skip Ely.Q, buddy had one and he had more failures and issues with it then one would dare even have in a nightmare.

Opt for an AHF, Trex, Outrage and heck maybe even a Compass.
UPGl2AYDD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 05:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, price VS quality, I think it will be the Trex
Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mattsergo60, Any Frenzy parts ordered from Hobby King come from China so I dont see how that's hurting A Main. I am concerned about parts availability though. I ended up replacing the tail with a Raptor 50v2 tail and then puting Quick UK metal grip assembly on THAT. I replaced the driveline from the main gear back through the start shaft with Raptor parts. Thats the main gear, clutch shoe, clutch bell, liner and start shaft.

Marty
MartyH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyH View Post
Mattsergo60, Any Frenzy parts ordered from Hobby King come from China so I dont see how that's hurting A Main. I am concerned about parts availability though. I ended up replacing the tail with a Raptor 50v2 tail and then puting Quick UK metal grip assembly on THAT. I replaced the driveline from the main gear back through the start shaft with Raptor parts. Thats the main gear, clutch shoe, clutch bell, liner and start shaft.

Marty
You replaced the driveline , but why??? did your parts fail?? I put a govorner on my belt TZ and am having a ball with it. My TT one is sitting on the bench waiting for me to find the time to hook up my BeastX to it. I am going to fly them for this season and see how they hold up.
As I stated in the first post, I am just looking for answers to the clutch and torque tube questions I have.
I feel as though I may blow a clutch in the belt TZ because the KLONE bell I installed slips real nice during startup ( clearance) which seems to be the issue.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, nothing had failed. It all started because there was this little noise I heard in hover. I went ahead and dropped the engine and pulled the clutch to look everything over. I bought this Frenzy used so I was not sure how much time it had on everything so I decided to take a look. I found the start shaft had fretted inside the upper bearing of the block that holds the pinion and the start shaft. I could have left it but it would have always bothered me. The clutch shoe was ok but looked like it might have sprung a little so why mess with it, just replace. Well, the start shaft and the clutch shoe are on back order with everyone so I turned to Thunder Tiger Raptor. I was going to replace the liner just because I was replacing the shoe but the bearing in the bell was not 100% perfect so again, I was already in there, change it out. Same with the pinion. It was usable but maybe not perfect so out it went too. Therefore, it got a Raptor start shaft, Raptor clutch shoe, Raptor pinion gear and and aftermarket vented clutch bell and liner.

The Raptor tail assembly was to replace the Frenzy tail assembly which developed a bent shaft. I think I touched the tail in the grass. The Frenzy shaft was not available so again, Thunder Tiger Raptor to the rescue.The QuickUK metal grip assembly was purely optional and unnecessary.

Marty
MartyH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

still waiting on a reply. Come on ,someone out there has to be flying a Torque tube Frenzy. LMK how it is compared to the belt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in