Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Check out this servo and tell me what you think.

Futaba S9452 Digital Hi-Speed.Hi-Torque Servo, $80.74

SPECS: Speed: .13 sec/60° @ 4.8V .11 sec/60° @ 6V Torque: 102 oz-in (7.4 kg/cm) @ 4.8V 128 oz-in (9.2 kg/cm) @ 6V
3drcbuilder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

the specs look good. but i dont have much experience with futaba servos
Old 03-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I'm nearing the time to pull the trigger on ordering the Raptor but I am still a little perplexed on which kit to order.

Basically it comes down to engine choice.

Choice 01

The Thunder Tiger Kit 4857-K11, Helicopter, Engine and Blades for $624.99 from Tower Hobbies. They list this with the Red Line .53. However I understand that there newer kits are shipping with the Red Line .56 engines.

The advantage of this kit is it includes engine and muffler. (But Which ones?)

The Problem is there seems to be no way to confirm which engine comes with the kit till you open the box.

Choice 02

The Thunder Tiger Kit 4857-K10, Helicopter and blades (No Engine) $549.99 From Tower Hobbies.

Purchase a OS 55HZ-H $297.99
Total 847.98 Plus the price of a muffler APX 1,000.00 total.

Or Purchase a Red Line .56 or and OS-50 which would save a few buck over the OS But no where near the saving on the helicopter, engine blade kit.

My Skill level doesn't necessarily need the OS But I have also heard a lit of problems with the 53.

Just looking for some advise
Old 03-24-2014, 12:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just me personally. I would say buy the better gear so you only have to buy once. I just dumped a lot of money on a second engine because i thought the smaller engine would be good enough.
Even if you don't plan on hard core 3d, you need that extra power in case you have to bail out of a bad maneuver, or to compensate for poor collective management.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I called Tower Hobbies parent company today and questioned what engine was in the kits they have in stock. The Rep was surprisingly helpful, He could not answer the question. But what he did do was actually order the kit to be delivered to his desk, he will open it up and find out which engine is in the kit. Once he finds out he will call me and let me know if it has a Red Line 56. At that point he will send it back and put into inventory with my name on it.

I have had other companies do similar things for me but they were all small companies. I'm surprised to see a Large Company take customer service to this point.

Spyder, I agree with your comments and if I were financially able to buy the best of everything out the gate I would. I have decided to go with the Futaba brush-less servos to go with the CGY-750. The increase in cost for the servo does two things for me, First it gives me a top of the line electronic in the Raptor. Second, there powerful enough to move into a 90 at a later date should I desire.

If I can get the the Red Line 56 with the kit it should be enough power for me to advance with. $90.00 for the Red Line and Muffler verses $500.00 for the OS 55 plus a muffler is a lot of money toward crash kits.

Anyway, I should find out in a day or two whats in the kit and make a final decisions then.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you've got things under control. I totally agree with your logic. I'm pretty sure you will get the 56 and I think you will have a nice setup.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, Everything is fluid, I just picked up picked up a OS 55HZ Pumped with an EVO Pipe for a very good price.

So I guess I will be guying the no engine kit.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

that sounds great! you will really like the extra power, and it starting to sound like a nice build. Post some pics for us once you get her built
Old 04-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakboy69 View Post
I have zero complaints with the align 610 servos .... i just fly and my last name isnt Watts. Or piro pete

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I got a good chuckle from that one Kayakboy69! We could GIVE you a name like Watts, Kammerer, or Piro Pete!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: To FBL or to not FBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
I got a good chuckle from that one Kayakboy69! We could GIVE you a name like Watts, Kammerer, or Piro Pete!
Well would probly be my old cycling nick name ...
Dislocated one shoulder and broke two wrists on one crit season ... they call me "CRASH"

kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 12:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ps i switches to kayaks water is mostly softer except for rocks and reefs

kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 12:55 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you look on Tower Hobbies website be sure to check out Thunder Tigers new HV servos from ACE
They are a great bargain. High voltage, Titanium gears, metal finned cases, fast cyclic servos ( DSHV0615T ) .06 $99ea. @ Tower Hobbies and their rudder servo ( DSHV0507nT ) 760us @ .05 I dont remember what the tail servo cost.

I am using these on a E700 and they are doing great.
skytrekin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in