Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

True. But you have to zero the logger on the heli anyway. For helis where it's impossible to find a flat spot or bit of frame it will be perfect

Sent from my iPhone 4s using tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
True. But you have to zero the logger on the heli anyway. For helis where it's impossible to find a flat spot or bit of frame it will be perfect

Sent from my iPhone 4s using tapatalk
As long as you get the same angle with both blades with each blade rotated to the same spot you tracking is right.

If you have a swash leveling tool, all your servos are in sync.

That just leaves making sure your collective 0 is right and your +/- collective full extents are right and they don't have to be perfect.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got it because, while setting up my 600 and 700, I think it will be easier to install the helical into the blades grips and not have the rotor blades in the way. We'll see.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My way

As I am sure you guys must have crashed and damaged your blades. I take the broken set cut them off short like 3 to 4 inches then use them with my Rc Logger or even with an old style pitch gauge. I set zero by putting a bolt or screwdriver in the blade grip hole and line it up to the main shaft with the stick at half. Once that is done just zero the RC logger and it don't matter where you move the heli. it is zero to the main shaft.
69maverick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69maverick View Post
As I am sure you guys must have crashed and damaged your blades. I take the broken set cut them off short like 3 to 4 inches then use them with my Rc Logger or even with an old style pitch gauge. I set zero by putting a bolt or screwdriver in the blade grip hole and line it up to the main shaft with the stick at half. Once that is done just zero the RC logger and it don't matter where you move the heli. it is zero to the main shaft.
Something to do with my box of shame

I've been wondering if I should make something artistic with the piles of broken helis parts I have.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

At first I felt a bit negative about posts giving reasons why they didn't need to buy this product: "If you don't want/need it don't buy it!"
But it has been interesting to see the various other ways of managing the pitch/balance etc settings. 69Maverick's method is quite smart. You don't even need the correct sized blades if suitable packing is placed in the grips (e.g. I'm setting up a new 550 and don't have any broken blades but I do have some 500 ones). However I WILL use the Soko-heli-tool when it arrives.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine arrived today and was promptly put to use setting up the head on my 550. I put photos and some details in the main forum https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...60#post4357160
It works well, and I don't believe I had a problem, as Chopstick suggested, of the heli getting out of level while removing the unit from the head centre and bolting it to the blade holder.

I found it particularly fast for checking total pitch range - much better than eyeballing and constantly adjusting a manual gauge.

The thing I didn't really like in the instructions was the idea of just folding the blades to match the other side to the one on which all the adjustments were done. My heavy 550mm blades seemed too floppy for that so I reverted to my old "hand" pitch gauge to match the two blades. I can see there the advantage of the other brand (RC logger is it?) that just clips to the blades.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi all,

Thanks for your short review npomeroy.
Of course you do not have to fold the two blades. You can just mount the Soko Kit on the other blade grip to achieve the same result (no need for the old hand pitch gauge).
We just found out during our tests, that the good old folding method is the quickest and most easy to understand.

Soko
soko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

soko,

Just ordered a kit. It looks great and it's a perfect followup to your article "The perfect bailout".
That saved me so much in repair cost the kit is like free. I hope your venture is a great success.

Don S.
ds1rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thx Don.

Apprecitate it :

Soko
Old 10-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #31 (permalink)

Thread Starter Thread Starter

=] good to see you here bro! one day I would hope manufacturers include the hex as standard in their kits??!

georgi.

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcallister View Post
=] good to see you here bro! one day I would hope manufacturers include the hex as standard in their kits??!

georgi.
good to be back

Actually thats what we're working on as well. We think it would be a great benefit for all helis. But it sounds easier as it is...

Lets see were all this is going.

Soko
Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just came back to Heli Freak as I have been working on Fixed wing projects for a while. I ran across this thread to find this new setup tool and I have to say, This is brilliant my friend.

I love to see new innovative ideas and this is such a cool way to setup helis. I am working on a new 800 size JayHawk and have been trying to decide on waiting for Skookums new GPS setup or using the DJI equipment.

I only mention it as the searching brought me to this thread. You can count me in for a new Soko setup system. What a great way to take the guess work out.

Great job Soko.
Condor06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Condor06,

Thanks for your post
We appreciate here very much. I'm sure you're going to love using our Soko Kit.

bdw: we're waiting on the GPS (+black edition SK720) as well

Soko
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi guys,

Big update on the Soko Kit!

See this thread for more info

Soko
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #36 (permalink)

=] about time we saw a vid presentation, would sell like hot cakes!

Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah...
The thing with the vids is that they are quite expensive and very very time consuming - at least if you like to do them properly and we want to do them high quality of course. Like all everything we do.
In addition we need to do them at least in 2 languages. Third language (French) is up to come!

But we will start of course in English! So stay tuned for them

Soko
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #38 (permalink)

=] all things can be improved upon later, why not start with a low key through the motions to music video, we all understand what is being served!! or at least we can ask away!

Old 10-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Georgi, I know exactly what you mean.
But one big "bad" habbit of mine is: I always want to make it perfect the first time

Believe it or not: sometimes this is a really big problem!

Soko
Old 10-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #40 (permalink)

=] same!

look, do a draft recording, sent it to me, I will put music to it, take it from there! cuts out the language problem!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in