Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 01:45 AM   #621 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjess View Post
Does the copilot 2 work with pcm?
Hi:

The CPII is not an RF device. It does not care what type of radio you use. It can work with standard FM, PCM, or 2.4 GHz. It goes between the output of the receiver you have and the servos you use. In quick setup, it does ask what type of radio you have. This is because if you are using standard FM, it will improve the performance by adding additional filtering to the receiver outputs.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #622 (permalink)
Registered Users

This may be a stupid question, but I can't figure it out. Ive got the co pilot 2 set up, havent tested it yet, but will do so when the wind kicks down. Anyway, how do you turn the irnet programmer off? I've searched, I've held down buttons, but alas, it just sits there, using the greatly appreciated provided batteries.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris.
CJHusband is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #623 (permalink)
Registered Users

It turns itself off once it is out of range.
pril250 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #624 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHusband View Post
This may be a stupid question, but I can't figure it out. Ive got the co pilot 2 set up, havent tested it yet, but will do so when the wind kicks down. Anyway, how do you turn the irnet programmer off? I've searched, I've held down buttons, but alas, it just sits there, using the greatly appreciated provided batteries.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris.
The Hand held programmer will turn itself off after a time of inactivity, Onced programmed and trimmed up you can also remove the IR net sensor if you like

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #625 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply. I figured thats how it should work, but it's been on for the last 6 hours... Something must be wonky with it.
CJHusband is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #626 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CoPilot 2

Hey guys......does Co-Pilot 2 work on UNLEVEL ground as well, or does the ground need to be relatively level? I'm asking because I have a hill behind my house, and my Co-Pilot never recovers straight.....it always puts the heli into a banking turn.....
heresdaveagain2 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 05:11 AM   #627 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you have your flight angles setup correctly?

How close are you flying near the hill?

How BIG is this hill??

Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #628 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like I was saying......completely new to flight stabilization! lol I don't see an option to set up flight angles, only 100% level. And I'm only about 5 or so feet off the ground, and the hill is just a gradual slope. Maybe 10 degrees at its steepest point.
heresdaveagain2 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #629 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresdaveagain2 View Post
Hey guys......does Co-Pilot 2 work on UNLEVEL ground as well, or does the ground need to be relatively level? I'm asking because I have a hill behind my house, and my Co-Pilot never recovers straight.....it always puts the heli into a banking turn.....
I fly my bird over a sloping asphalt driveway that has potholes. I have a townhouse behind me and a six foot cedar hedge along one side of the driveway. Across the street, there is another row of eight foot cedar hedges.I tend to take off from the most level part of the driveway. Once the bird is in the air, there is not a lot of problem. I understand that a bit of height helps over unlevel ground. I like to keep my bird no less than five feet in the air.
Stumblebee is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #630 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you reset CP II to its default setting?
pinguin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #631 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
How do you reset CP II to its default setting?
Do a quick setup that will erase your settings

Old 05-31-2011, 08:05 PM   #632 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CP II available here.

I have a CP II available. In great shape. Used on my Heli-cam and never crashed.

Co-Pilot II System Combo 2
Combo Contents: 1 CPII Computer Module, 1 Main Sensor, 1 Vertical Sensor, 1 IRNet Programmer, 1 IRNet Router, 1 Mounting Accessory Kit (not pictured)
Was: $199.95
Price: $164.95 (Excl. GST)

No mounting kit. A $3.25 value of tye-wraps and a little double sided tape.

$ 135.00 shipped to lower 48.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #633 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the difference in Copilot and Copilot II? I have the original copilot system new in the box and am wondering if it's worth installing?
cannondale1974 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #634 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale1974 View Post
What is the difference in Copilot and Copilot II? I have the original copilot system new in the box and am wondering if it's worth installing?
Hi,

The original Co-Pilot (CPD4) used 2 inputs for flight stabilization, one for pitch and one for roll. It was not compatible with CCPM mixing or digital servos.

The FS8 Co-Pilot was our 2nd generation of flight stabilization where we built the Co-Pilot system into an 8 channel FM receiver. This system was compatible with digital servos and CCPM mixing. It also incorporated the vertical sensor which would continually calibrate the Co-Pilot as it flew to optimize it's performance.

The CPII is out latest version of our Co-Pilot system, a stand alone system like the CPD4 but can use up to 4 inputs for stabilization, and is compatible with CCPM mixing and digital servos. This system also has an optional vertical sensor that calibrates the system as you fly and is also used in the 3D stunt modes. We have decreased the size of the main and vertical sensors, the signal between the sensors and computer module is now digital so a standard 3 wire extension can be used to extend the sensors out.

Please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #635 (permalink)
Registered Users

In a heli, the 4ch is not used,. I assume its for plane function, what would that be?
Aurora 9
shibby75 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #636 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
In a heli, the 4ch is not used,. I assume its for plane function, what would that be?
Not 100% correct. there are some cyclic that use 4 servos.. not that widely used though

Old 07-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #637 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
The CPII is out latest version of our Co-Pilot system, a stand alone system like the CPD4 but can use up to 4 inputs for stabilization, and is compatible with CCPM mixing and digital servos. This system also has an optional vertical sensor that calibrates the system as you fly and is also used in the 3D stunt modes. We have decreased the size of the main and vertical sensors, the signal between the sensors and computer module is now digital so a standard 3 wire extension can be used to extend the sensors out.
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #638 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Co-pilot II GPS

Any idea when the GPS units will be out for the Co-pilot II if at all.
jflow78 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #639 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflow78 View Post
Any idea when the GPS units will be out for the Co-pilot II if at all.
I was thinking about this the other day, and I don't think I would have that much use for it. Well maybe a soft-deck, but certainly not a "park you heli here" kind of a thing. I guess the noobs would like it.

The only other use that I could think of would be a return-to-home function for FPV. Also, what I would like is a return-to-home function in the event of signal loss, but would be quite tricky to get working with the RX fail-safe functions.
Adventurer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #640 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
Well maybe a soft-deck, but certainly not a "park you heli here" kind of a thing. I guess the noobs would like it.
Don't believe it can be safely done with GPS only. GPS signal has typically a few meters worth of drift, sometimes more, depending on reception and on how many satellites the unit is seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
The only other use that I could think of would be a return-to-home function for FPV. Also, what I would like is a return-to-home function in the event of signal loss, but would be quite tricky to get working with the RX fail-safe functions.
Return-to-home is the name of the game, methinks. And no, it's not that tricky at all, but you need the right Rx, not every Rx out there lets you customize all channels on failsafe. I did some tests on AR7000 and it wouldn't let me set the collective pitch in failsafe mode, it insists on keeping the last value (image of a signal loss in mid-turn comes to mind ). Now both my 600Ns have AR8000 and the failsafes are set as follows:
  • CP2 on to normal flight mode
  • Throttle servo to idle RPM (don't want to shut off the engine completely in case the signal reconnects). Throttle channel to 0 if your heli is electric.
  • Collective pitch to -2°
This hopefully will give me a semi-controlled auto on the signal loss (with reduced damage on landing), it's statically field tested on the ground, and no, I'm not about to do an in-flight-test

For return-to-home we would need something like this:
  • CP2 on to return-to-home mode
  • Throttle servo to idle-up RPM (CP2 doesn't manage the throttle channel at all so we can't kill the throttle if we want the heli to return)
  • Collective pitch under CP2's management, which presumably would be part of return-to-home mode, meaning Rx fail-safes on collective would be ignored by CP2 anyway.

The problem with return-to-home that I can see is that CP2 would have to do a bit of collective management to maintain he altitude, wouldn't it? Vertical position drift of a GPS signal is much bigger than the horizontal one, but maybe it would be stable enough for 30s or so that are required to bring your baby back?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in