Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hausler 450 V2 RTF - Newbie Help

Hey, guys first post here,

I've been reading and searching for a day now but there is just so much information and I was hoping that someone with some experience could let me know why my helicopter isn't working properly.

I bought the helicopter as RTF so I was assuming that I wouldn't have to mess around with it too much. The issue is I don't seem to have any throttle except for when I switch the throttle lock switch towards me and then away after the battery is plugged in and even then I have no control over throttle speed.

From the information I have gathered from this site it seems as though I need to program my ESC, but I have a clone and I don't really know how to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am including two short clips and 2 pictures to hopefully clarify what I am saying.

thanks

Hausler 450 T-Rex Clone Help 1 (0 min 46 sec)

Hausler T-Rex 450 Clone Help 2 (1 min 0 sec)

Last edited by Skiddz; 11-12-2011 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: reduced pic size
duytang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

here see if this video will help, i goggled it.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...E78FQfXVWj17JQ
Atom500(FBL)., Gaui x4II (FBL) ;Trex450 sport (FBL). All with Ikon fbl gyro. AMA#1019423.

Tony .
tony521 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

check this out also. good luck.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13211485339683
Atom500(FBL)., Gaui x4II (FBL) ;Trex450 sport (FBL). All with Ikon fbl gyro. AMA#1019423.

Tony .
tony521 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You know you've got a problem with your flybar assy. right? Flybar should be spinning flat.
srt4tom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Duty

It's been awhile since I used the stocker radio before I switched over to my Dx6i. I only used their radio on 3 flights. Check your upper left switch on the radio. Try pulling it towards you. This is flight mode switch. The esc might see it in 100 flat throttle and not giving you the correct starting setup? That is what the esc did when I would arm it and bumped the throttle stick some. Like the Align esc that you go into full throttle to program it, this esc might be thinking you are trying to program it? I would have to dig out the transmitter and the receiver and hook it back up to confirm on this though. Try that and see what happens.
TODDC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The gyro actually worked pretty good on the heli. That was the only electronic part left that was factory before my Align esc failed and took everything out. If you have another radio and receiver to use handy like a Jr, Spectrum, or Futaba? This will make it easier on setting up and much easier on flying it.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for all the replies! I will have to try everything mentioned when I get home tonight. Hopefully it works.

The blades were spinning flat but after I took them off (to avoid injury) it spins on an angle, Ill have to read up on that as well just incase I tweaked something by accident.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by duytang View Post
thanks for all the replies! I will have to try everything mentioned when I get home tonight. Hopefully it works.

The blades were spinning flat but after I took them off (to avoid injury) it spins on an angle, Ill have to read up on that as well just incase I tweaked something by accident.
Yes they will, but the swash tilted back causing the flybar to tilt back like that. The mains will continue to run flat but with cyclic input.
There's no such thing as a real RTF. RTF means the helli is assembled but still needs initually setup and programmed with the radio. The constant beeping was a warning, it means throttle wasn't reconized as being down the whole way because the throttle range wasn't programmed into the esc and the swash tilted because the helli wasn't setup yet, your lucky you didn't get hurt.
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep this in mind while your setting up yuor helli. Please be carefull from now on!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZh3IC86R2U[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3Dx-YPOy0&feature=related[/ame]
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

So turns out the transmitter was in Mode 1 along with a lot go other things.

t6config didn't work so I downloaded Digital Radio but I could only find some information on setting everything up. This is what it looks like at the moment with the information I found but i'm sure there are many mistakes. So until I figure everything out it will remained taped onto my drawer haha.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a lot of subtrim on channels 1 & 5, What are those channels, and why so much?
srt4tom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also recently purchased a Hausler 450 V2 RTF, thinking setup would be minimal as I'm a newbie and inexperienced, but learned that's not the case. The settings in the TX was misconfigured; a mode 2 TX with mode 1 software setup which led to my leg getting sliced up by the blades and the heli being damaged. After some repairs on the heli and switching to mode 2 in the settings, I still can't get the heli to hover correctly, as soon as I give it throttle, the tail spins counter clockwise. The main blades rotate clockwise while the tail blades rotate counter clockwise; I checked for slippage on the tail belt but it's not slipping. I'm not sure if I should just switch out the tail servo and gyro.

So Duytang, looks like we can both get some help on what the correct settings on the TX should be for this "Hausler 450 V2 RTF" because in reality it's not RTF.

-Tony
Tony777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I copied the settings in the manual for the settings couldn't find but The helicopter is just sitting there at the moment, i'm not going to try to mess with it until I know everything is right.

the Channels should be

Channel 1: Aileron
Channel 2: Elevator
Channel 3: Brushless Motor
Channel 4: Rudder
Channel 5: Gyro Rate
Channel 6: Aileron
Old 11-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

So after talking to a friend there's a lot more to know then setting up a couple of numbers. He's going to show me a couple of things next week to get me started. So thanks for all the constructive help!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tony

You need check to make sure that in rate mode (gyro not compensating) that the heli will point straight ahead and not drift or drift slightly only. Next would be to up the gain on the radio. I don't see the selection in Duyt's post on the screen he posted. Sounds like gyro gain is low.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys

I was digging through my files on it and found a setup manual the radio. 60 plus pages long. Talks about setting up a heli too. If you want I can send it to you. Send me a pm if you want. Photobucket only does videos and photos. Can't put it there.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi TODDC,

I'm such a newbie that I'm not sure how to make sure the heli is pointed straight in rate mode nor how to adjust the gain on the radio. I'm slowly learning as I encounter problems so I guess I have to start somewhere, I really don't want to give up on this really exciting hobby.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

-Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODDC View Post
Tony

You need check to make sure that in rate mode (gyro not compensating) that the heli will point straight ahead and not drift or drift slightly only. Next would be to up the gain on the radio. I don't see the selection in Duyt's post on the screen he posted. Sounds like gyro gain is low.
Tony777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are trying to sort your problems out, just for the minute pull the motor away from main gear and then continue running and testing, once all works and the controller is set up,, give it a test with out main blades spinning then re-mesh the motor and gear, if your not carefull i can see another accident happining. please please be carefull these heli can spin to max quicker than you could pull away.

bad007 has already given the warning
mark.w is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hausler 450 SE V2 Help

I just found this post, but I to had similar problems with my Hausler 450 SE V2 Electric Heli. I bought it from Amazon really cheap ($160) and it came with the ZDFLY T-6A 2.4ghz radio and receiver. It also was supposed to be Ready to Fly, but I found out this was not true. When I switched mine on originally, the motor ran at full speed for a second and then started to pulse and belch out smoke. I contacted Amazon and they told me to contact Hausler which I did. Hausler sent me a new motor, and ESC. I had to figure out myself how to install everything, but with a lot of help from the Helifreak Forums, I got it back together. So far I have taken my time going thru the radio setup, and making sure all of the screws etc are secured with locktite, and the swash and cyclic are level. I have done bench tests with the heli strapped down, but the first time I tried to take it outside for a test run, the tailblades struck the ground and one broke. I just got new tailblades installed and I am waiting for good weather for another outside test. So far I am out of pocket $2.00 for new tailblades.
Commander4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default At a loss

I am a noobie, and would greatly appreciate any help offered. I followed the instructions to set up my new Hausler 450 SEv2 rtf. I downloaded the transmitter software, and then I disconnected two of the brushless motor wires, and then proceeded to make sure the channels all worked. I proceeded to set up my transmitter (throttle and pitch values in normal and idle per instructions found on the programming guide for the v6 transmitter) via the software/instructions. All worked perfectly. I disconnected everything, and tried it w/o the software. the idle up no longer worked, and channel six (aileron) no longer worked (the servo did not even move). The channels in mode two are are:
Channel 1: Aileron
Channel 2: Elevator
Channel 3: Brushless Motor
Channel 4: Rudder
Channel 5: Gyro Rate
Channel 6: Aileron

The only channel that consistently registers with the software is channel 4. Channels 1, 2, seldomly. Channel 3 only when all three wires are plugged in. Channel 6 never, now.

I then tried a new software from Digital Radio. Same results.

I then unplugged the servo from the receiver, and plugged it back in. I then tried it again with no movement noticeable again. I thought I needed to fix it through the software. Now when I plug it in, the esc begins its set-up beeping. I have never set-up a heli esc.
QuaterJr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in