Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe you, it must be a misunderstanding from his end, I don't see why would you have to upgrade module simply to fly at a certain % throttle. it makes no sense. I guess time will tell.
Tarek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Before my last message, I actually looked at my radio and confirmed.
sctholson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DS-14 or DS-16?

You will receive a 50euro voucher when you logon and register the DS14. This will cover the function curves and flight mode upgrade

If you want 2 IU modes and regular + hold... You need the flight mode upgrade.

TheMark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for getting on this TheMark, its good to know about the voucher and I hope they keep it a little longer, yes you are right, I totally forgot that hold is a flight mode indeed and according to you and James from esprit model, I will need to upgrade flight modes if I want more than 3. The throttle and pitch curves are all included in the flight mode menu like sctholson mentioned. I am switching from JR and its a little different with Jeti so I appreciate your replies and help with this.
Tarek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been thinking of doing the same and just wanted to touch base with someone else in N.Z regarding this.

If so did you get it out of the states or aussie?
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been recently looking into the Jeti Tx's, but this is the first I'm hearing of having to purchase upgrades to get flight modes and such. I'm confused with this. I've never heard of a radio that limits you unless software upgrades are purchased. This sounds like an App logic and not sure I'd want to get into such a product that charges to "unlock" features.

Please explain/elaborate on this, as I may be misunderstanding something here.
KBDD, RC Booya, Switchglo, JGF, Castle Creations, Magnum Fuel
oteskate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2015, 07:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are different models with different features.

The DS 16 is a full featured model with nothing to upgrade.

The DS 14 is significantly cheaper and is able to fly right out of the box with no issues, but some features that the DS 16 has included are only available with an upgrade price. This allows you to only pay for what you need.

Two different options - full featured up front or only pay for what you want - your choice.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:07 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do the DS-14 plastic gimbals fly/feel differently than the DS-16 metal gimbals? Are they less adjustable? The gimbals will be there long after everything that needs to be upgraded gets upgraded, so that's a question I'd want answered. I'm holding out for a 16, stacking my pennies.... Dan
Old 10-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

As someone who had both (returned 14 and paid difference for 16) I didn't notice a huge difference between the gimbals. Both offer the same adjustments, and both are of fantastic quality. I do think the metal gimbals feel a bit more mechanical and metallic (makes sense right?) and the plastic a bit less so. I'd imagine most wouldn't be able to tell a difference in a blind test.

I actually like the black 14 a bit better than the 16, bit prefer all metal buttons on the 16, and having all upgrades out of the box. Doing it over I'd probably stick with 14 though, as it's MORE than enough TX for most if you're only a heli guy/gal.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
Doing it over I'd probably stick with 14 though, as it's MORE than enough TX for most if you're only a heli guy/gal.
My $0.02 -

I'm only flying helis at this point as well. However, one of things I'm enjoying tinkering with is a lots of gadgets and telemetry, and I found out that I've pretty much ran out of controls (switches, knobs and sliders) on DS-16 while still being far away from hitting the limit on number of channels. That is with just Skookum FBL and GPS.

You might also want to consider the DC-16 - it doesn't have the accelerometer that DS-16 has (which, to my disappointment, I found to be useless for me), but has more switches. It is also less expensive than DS-16 (but more expensive than DS-14).
Heli-X, AccuRC, RF 7.5 Transmitter Interface Edition
madeye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 06:02 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
Do the DS-14 plastic gimbals fly/feel differently than the DS-16 metal gimbals? Are they less adjustable? The gimbals will be there long after everything that needs to be upgraded gets upgraded, so that's a question I'd want answered. I'm holding out for a 16, stacking my pennies.... Dan
So are the sticks plastic on the ds-14? Or are they metal and the outside gimbal assembly plastic?
Thanks
ktm250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ds 14 gimbles

the whole thing is plastic. It actually looks like fiber reinforced plastic to me.
gsxr600man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks. Kind of disappointing for a $800 radio. The sticks on my Dx9 are metal but the rest of the assembly is plastic. I see you can upgrade the ds14 assemblies to metal but that's 200 a piece. So now you might just as well get the ds16. Things to think about.
ktm250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

The post is metal. Stick end metal. The part that rotates is plastic. Except it's solid since it uses Hall effect sensors.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #55 (permalink)

I personally fly with my DC-16 (prefer tray, pinch), but also own a DS-14 for wireless trainer / loaner radio as everyone else in my club prefers handheld / thumb...

The majority of folks fly Spektrum; two DX-18, about 10 DX-9, and a smattering of -7 and -6 and older -8 units.

Invariably, they comment about the precision of the stick feel, response, etc. (Hall effect sensors post); not a single person has noticed, mentioned, complained, etc., about plastic vs. metal... The feel and connectedness is what seems are dominant factors.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
The post is metal. Stick end metal. The part that rotates is plastic. Except it's solid since it uses Hall effect sensors.
Snowflake6515 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 11:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515 View Post
Invariably, they comment about the precision of the stick feel, response, etc. (Hall effect sensors post); not a single person has noticed, mentioned, complained, etc., about plastic vs. metal... The feel and connectedness is what seems are dominant factors.
That might come later, after a few months of use. Plastic will wear much faster than metal will, and the difference will become move pronounced. But then again, you have to be comparing DS-14 vs DS/DC-16, not other transmitter brands. And, you might need to spend some flight time with each to feel the difference, only obvious differences can be spotted while just playing with it on the bench.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:23 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm just getting started with my DS-16, and I would have already had to buy more modules for a DS-14. I'm glad I spent the extra $$ up front, it only hurts once that way.

Dan
Old 11-08-2015, 04:34 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeye View Post
Plastic will wear much faster than metal will
But the plastic gimbals still have steel ball bearings...
Geoff_S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_S View Post
But the plastic gimbals still have steel ball bearings...
In some places (like mine), UV is so strong that plastic just disintegrates with time. And, it doesn't like the heat, either. And, this is how hot it gets:

Old 11-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I eventually bought my ds-14 after realizing that my plastic gimbal'd x9503 had held up just fine after many many years of use.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in