Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

well now that you mentioned it... when on the bench. if i am full down stick and stiched on att. mode the swashpalet tilts a little to the right...(is that normal?) ...then when i put the stick on the middle and try switch att. mode again it also tilts on the right...then after that i push the stich a little up and switch back to manual mode the i will see the swashplate jolts down a little.

i dont kn ow man...any suggestions?
GRAY99 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The tilting to the right on the bench is normal.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fail safe setting

I feel stupid asking this since you already went over it in the thread, but I cannot get the failsafe setting to work with my DX8. I have set the three mode switches (Manual, ATT, ATT GPS) and actually flown the Heli in the ATT and ATT GPS modes, but I just cannot get the failsafe to work. Is there something you are not mentioning that you assume I should know?

BTW, during my third flight, I was hovering in Manual mode about 3 feet from the ground. Out of nowhere, after bout 2 minutes, the Heli pulled full negative pitch and slammed into the ground breaking the blades and the skids. It happened so fast I could only stare and wonder what the hell happened. Since my TREX 450 is a new build I first assumed a loose screw, but could find none. At this point, I assume excessive vibration issue caused the NAZA to give up or some other problem.

Raphael
rasoetan is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

How are you testing the failsafe? You need to move one of the endpoints on your Tx switch that you have your mode switch (Manual,ATT,ATT GPS) to move it into the failsafe zone on the bar when you setup your switch. One trick is that depending on your reversing on the switch with the DX8 you sometimes have to have the switch in the opposite endpoint to adjust the other endpoint.

For the negative pitch, I still have an open question on what happened to my heli, it did the full negative pitch and I have not been able to trace any other issue so I am still leaning to the same conclusion as you that the NAZA has some sort of fault.

//Dennis.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Failsafe setting

Thanks. I will try your suggestion. I actually do have the switch reversed, that could have been the issue.

Thanks again!
Raphael
rasoetan is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
How are you testing the failsafe? You need to move one of the endpoints on your Tx switch that you have your mode switch (Manual,ATT,ATT GPS) to move it into the failsafe zone on the bar when you setup your switch. One trick is that depending on your reversing on the switch with the DX8 you sometimes have to have the switch in the opposite endpoint to adjust the other endpoint.

For the negative pitch, I still have an open question on what happened to my heli, it did the full negative pitch and I have not been able to trace any other issue so I am still leaning to the same conclusion as you that the NAZA has some sort of fault.

//Dennis.
Hi Dennis, Have you had any word fro DJI ? A friend had a total loss of control with a new Wookong M on an S800 and has had a very hard time dealing with DJI USA.
I have a Naza H recently installed on a T REX 600 PRO w/CC 80 ICE HV and was worndering if I could use the governor mode with the Naza H. I see you used it, should I use the Castle setup as shown in thier Video? Are there any setting in the video you would change? They recommend a 30, 70,100 throttle curve as opposed to the Naza linear. After reading some of these posts I am not sure I can trust the H. I have three Naza M`s on multi`s and they work fine, so I got the H for my Heli but don`t want to destroy a new 600.
lrrace is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: DJI NAZA-H with GPS setup and review

I haven't heard anything back from DJI, they were communicating via MultiWiiCopter but I haven't had an update at all. I have kept an eye on some of the threads on other boards and haven't seen the NAZA-H dropping out of the sky so it is hard to say if the issue I had was a HW related issue or maybe just not that common. It would be worth having a look at the HF forum to get a view of any issues people are having to get confidence with the system.

On the Governor, from memory I did the standard CC setup while in manual mode and it all worked correctly. The key differences to other systems is that TH won't work if you are in ATTI/GPS mode and neither will your IU switch as the NAZA locks the throttle when it switches to that mode.

//Dennis.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Dennis, I am starting to see some people saying they have some problems, on some threads, I will look for them and try to put it together and see what evolves.

Happy flying!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What to do with the DJI BEC???

Hello,
On my TT I use the ALIGN TREX 6A External BEC w/ 5.1V Two-way Step-down voltage regulator connected to a 7,4v lipo.
I'm going to use the DJI Naza-H and comes with a DJI BEC.
Do I have to use the DJI BEC or can I use the Align BEC.
What is the advantage of the DJI BEC so there is and what power source do I use, 7,4v or 22,2v.
Can I use both BEC's at the same time?
Do I need a BEC on/off switch with the DJI BEC?

Gr,
Martien.
toaster500 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster500 View Post
Hello,
On my TT I use the ALIGN TREX 6A External BEC w/ 5.1V Two-way Step-down voltage regulator connected to a 7,4v lipo.
I'm going to use the DJI Naza-H and comes with a DJI BEC.
Do I have to use the DJI BEC or can I use the Align BEC.
What is the advantage of the DJI BEC so there is and what power source do I use, 7,4v or 22,2v.
Can I use both BEC's at the same time?
Do I need a BEC on/off switch with the DJI BEC?

Gr,
Martien.
In general you can't use 2 power sources at the same time so you have to choose one or the other. The DJI BEC is designed to run off the main pack of an electric so you don't need a separate battery. You don't mention which size heli this is gong on, if it is a larger heli, like a 600 then I would look at a different power system from either of these with a proper BEC or a direct flight pack.

You don't need an on/off switch, but you can fit one, so long as it is a fail safe design that will fail in the on position, not just a standard switch.

//Dennis.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Dennis, Thanks for your reaction.
The TT is a 90 3D which I coverted to electric.
What power system would you advise?
If I use the dji bec, do I connect it directly to the 22,2v lipo's?
B.t.w.., the connectors from dji don't fit in the spectrum ar7000. Do I have to make them fit?
Is it better to use the ar8000 from spektrum?

Gr,

Martien.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
@ Dennis, Thanks for your reaction.
The TT is a 90 3D which I coverted to electric.
What power system would you advise?
If I use the dji bec, do I connect it directly to the 22,2v lipo's?
B.t.w.., the connectors from dji don't fit in the spectrum ar7000. Do I have to make them fit?
Is it better to use the ar8000 from spektrum?

Gr,

Martien.
I wouldn't use the DJI BEC in a 90/700 size model, it only has a single output and it is good practice on larger heli's to use at least 2 inputs into your RX/FBL controller. If it were me, I would use a separate battery for power. If you have standard 6V rated servos then a 2100mah or larger 2s LiFe pack is a good match, but if you have HV servos you could go with a 2s Lipo.

I use a 2300mah 2s A123 LiFe pack on my Logo 600 with Align 610/650 servos and a 2100mah 2s LiPo on my Goblin 700 using Outrage HV servos. I do use BEC's on my 500mm blade and smaller heli's. On the Goblin 500 I use a Western Robotics High Current BEC and on my 470mm blade Protos I use the NAZA BEC, my other heli's use the ESC's inbuilt BEC.

//Dennis.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Dennis,
Which BEC do you think of?
Is it known that the DJI connectors don't fit the Spektrum RX (7000 and 8000)?
Can I connect the Align BEC to the DJI MC just like the DJI BEC?
I have the Spektrum DX8 sender. Can I use the AR7000 or is it better to use the AR8000?
A lot of questions

Thanks in advance,

Gr,
Martien.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

The connectors will fit, just take a pair of clippers an cut the little rib off.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrace View Post
The connectors will fit, just take a pair of clippers an cut the little rib off.
That's exactly what i'm going to do.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
@Dennis,
Which BEC do you think of?
Is it known that the DJI connectors don't fit the Spektrum RX (7000 and 8000)?
Can I connect the Align BEC to the DJI MC just like the DJI BEC?
I have the Spektrum DX8 sender. Can I use the AR7000 or is it better to use the AR8000?
A lot of questions
If you want to stay with a BEC instead of direct LiFe/LiPo then the Western Robotics have a good reputation and I have had good success with mine. How many cells are you using, 10s or 12s, and do you run split packs?

You have the choice of using the BEC across the whole Pack in which case you need one rated to at least your maximum voltage, or you can also wire it to just the lower (Negative) pack if you run split packs, I.e. 2 x 6s to make your 12s.

As mentioned to fit the Futaba type plug into a JR/Spektrum you just need to remove the tag on the edge of the plug.

You can connect the Align Regulator, but I would not use it myself as I know of many failures of that u it.

The Dx8 supports both DSM2 and DSMX so either Rx will work fine. DSMX is better if you plan on flying at funflys with hundreds of other 2.4g radios being used, I haven't found the need to upgrade all of my heli's, but will probably end up moving to DSMX over time as I buy new recievers and satellites.

//Dennis.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
If you want to stay with a BEC instead of direct LiFe/LiPo then the Western Robotics have a good reputation and I have had good success with mine. How many cells are you using, 10s or 12s, and do you run split packs?

You have the choice of using the BEC across the whole Pack in which case you need one rated to at least your maximum voltage, or you can also wire it to just the lower (Negative) pack if you run split packs, I.e. 2 x 6s to make your 12s.

As mentioned to fit the Futaba type plug into a JR/Spektrum you just need to remove the tag on the edge of the plug.

You can connect the Align Regulator, but I would not use it myself as I know of many failures of that u it.

The Dx8 supports both DSM2 and DSMX so either Rx will work fine. DSMX is better if you plan on flying at funflys with hundreds of other 2.4g radios being used, I haven't found the need to upgrade all of my heli's, but will probably end up moving to DSMX over time as I buy new recievers and satellites.

//Dennis.
What do you mean with "If you want to stay with a BEC instead of direct LiFe/LiPo"??
Can I run without BEC?? In combination with the Naza-H??
I run with split pacs (2 x 6s) and the ESC is the castle creations ICE2 120A without internal BEC.
Which type of the Western Robotics do you advice?
The Align Bec is mutch cheaper than the DJI BEC (about 3 times) why??? Oke.., I think I can hook the DJI BEC direct to the 22,2v Lipo and no need for an extra lipo. The 7,4v lipo (2200 mAh) which the Align BEC uses cost about $ 4,00. The extra weight is nothing.
The DJI BEC runs from 11 to 52v so I can not connect it to the 7,4 lipo???
The servos I use are the servos used in the Align 700 series. Thats low voltage right?
Is an 7ch Rx enough for the Naza-H?
I'm verry happy with your reactions, keep it up
Gr.
Martien
Old 03-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for all your work on the review. Does the ATTI mode work the same at the NAZA-M? Did you find any way to set it up as a rescue mode which will level out and either stay at the current altitude or climb? Your initial comments suggested no but I just wanted to check. I believe this would be the lowest cost FBL system with recovery if they implemented this feature, so you can understand my interest in it.

Thanks,
Daniel
dswitkin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswitkin View Post
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for all your work on the review. Does the ATTI mode work the same at the NAZA-M? Did you find any way to set it up as a rescue mode which will level out and either stay at the current altitude or climb? Your initial comments suggested no but I just wanted to check. I believe this would be the lowest cost FBL system with recovery if they implemented this feature, so you can understand my interest in it.

Thanks,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

I haven't used the NAZA-M as I don't have a multi so I can't say if it works the same, it does allow you to move the heli around in a stable way like a co-axial heli. As too bailout, no, I don't think it is suitable for this use, there are several issues like the GPS working while inverted that would need to be overcome and also the way it locks into position in a very violent way when the heli is moving. I think Skookum are the only ones that have these features working with a GPS today and it has taken years of development to get it to work when performing 3d.

A good controller with Self Level at a good price is the MSH Brain/Ikon which works well as a bailout when setup and trimmed correctly. You still have to trigger the bailout and you control the collective, but it works very well and is consistent on two of my Heli's, in fact I rate it higher than the Skookum 720's Self Level (without the GPS) and they both work in a similar way.

//Dennis.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey TF (or anyone!) do you know what the autopilot "velocity tracking" function is under the advanced tab?

The DJI description is extremely poor and gives no real clue as to what it does or what it's effect is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 20.25.21.png
Views:	370
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	404934  
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in