Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Next Heli

Looking to add a new bird to fleet. Need advice on choice mCPX, 130x, or Red Bull 130x since they are all around the same price for BNF. Already have nCPx and nQx and fly them well. I have a crashed 200srx thats useless since i can not get parts. What about using the SAFE receiver in a 130x? Help me out guys.
FLMIBrewer74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMO no micro flys better than a 130 X. However it takes a lot of time to keep it going. I also have the Red Bull which is heavy and even harder to work on. My Mcpx BL doesn't fly as good but still a very good flyer and unless you crash really hard it just keeps going and going. You might want to look into a 300 X or 450 as well.
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am in the same boat, its time for a bigger bird but I can't decide what I want next. I do know that for me the 130x isn't what I want, too close the nano for me. I keep waffling between the 450x and the 300cfx
TTMR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMR View Post
I am in the same boat, its time for a bigger bird but I can't decide what I want next. I do know that for me the 130x isn't what I want, too close the nano for me. I keep waffling between the 450x and the 300cfx
Go the 450x cheaper and bigger, what more could you want? Also if you're seriously considering the 300CFX, for nearly the same price you can get a Gaui X2 or X3 built and set up, plus they're a much better helicopter and allow you some room to grow in 3d ability.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a size comparison just for kicks of my micros.

Align T-Rex 150 size comparison with Nano, Mcpx BL and 130 X (3 min 54 sec)
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm enjoying my MCPX BL
ninja1900 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

D12bn I am think about getting my 12 year old a cp bird. I am leaning towards the nano cpx that I have. My lhs said I could get a red bull for $90. He can hover a blade cpx.my question is how does it fly and hold up to crashes?
rosebomb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

MCPX BL

I love this helicopter!
For someone still learning it's a great next step up from Nano and you won't have the tail problems that go along with owning 130X!

MCPX BL is a dramatic step up in overall performance and flies just like Nano.
Only way faster and 3 times more powerful.

You can 3D it or take it out 50 yards up high.
I regularly fly my BL at the local football field. Standing on the 50 yard line and fly it around the goal posts at ether end of the field just like my big helicopters.

I'd say all in all it's a great stepping stone to 300 or 450 class helicopter for someone looking for a school yard helicopter that you can learn forward flight turns, landing approaches, High speed flight and flying at a distance before moving to 300 or 450.

This helicopter with a DX6i or better - 10 out of 10 guys!
You won't be sorry you bought it.
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default RoseBomb

How well does your 12 year old fly fixed pitch and what is he flying now? Can he fly the helicopters in Phoenix simulator?

You say he can hover you CPX witch one? MCPX or BL?

Nano is a great little helicopter. Tough as nails but it's a hummingbird on crack for someone just starting out.

DX4e and 5e transmitters are ok for fixed pitch, but when getting into Nano a DX6i or better transmitter will be the difference between flying Nano and the junk pile!

Please take the time to give this a read.
NANO CPX SERVICE AND FLYING LINKS FOR NEWBIES
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=596574

Hope this helps.
Ron
Old 07-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Miss type he can hover my cx2. He can fly in the sim but like all little and big kids go he tries to fly outside his skill set. He does ok with the cx2 in a very small area. I just bound the cx2 to a dx4e so he can get uesd to that tx. The nano cpx is flyable with that tx right? I know its usable but is it alot harder with it?
Old 07-14-2014, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello again.
Blade CX2 is a very easy helicopter fly coaxial basic trainer. Basically it flies itself.
All you need to do is give it some gas and tell it where you want it to go.

Nano CPX on the other hand is an all out micro 3D helicopter!
I'm not saying your son cannot fly Nano, I'm saying the level of helicopter performance is a very big step and the helicopters fly very differently.

Can Nano CPX be flown with a DX4e?
Yes the helicopter can be flown with a DX4e and 5e transmitters.

Keep in mind for $100.00 there are plenty of good used DX6i transmitters around and I cannot begin to explain the difference DX6i will make to your sons ability to fly any helicopter.

I'd suggest you take a long hard look at 120SR Helicopter first.
120SR is a single rotor fixed pitch helicopter that is a perfect step up from CX2.

And he can use the CX2 - LP5DSM transmitter to learn how to fly 120SR.

Please take a look at this link.
120SR SETUP, SERVICE & FLYING LINKS FOR NEWBIES https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=496890

Give your son 6 months flying 120SR outdoors in the evenings when there is no wind.
to learn how to fly. 120SR is a zero wind helicopter!

Maybe keep an eye pealed for a used DX6i, then consider Nano after he has a little more flying experience! In the end you will be glad you did.

Hope this helps you.
Ron

P/S
What simulator do you have?
At this point that simulator is your sons best chance at learning helicopter basics.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your input. We have phoenix 5 and I have a dx6i for my helicopter. I got a dx4e with phoenix and was thinking we could use it for a cheap way for him to try out flying.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Seeing you fly helicopter and you have a DX4e, you already know it's a peace of junk.
Why would you want to do that to your son?

As specially with a helicopter as twitchy as Nano.

Upgrade to a DX7 or 8 and give him your DX6i and 120SR.

After he has a little time to figure it all out, Blow him away with a Nano for his birthday or some other special occasion.

Above all else
Take the time to school yard with him 2 or 3 nights a week. In the evening just before dark when the wind quits take him flying! Go fly your helicopter and let him fly his!

First with CX2
Then 120 SR
Then Nano
Won't be long and he will be flying your 450 better than you and loving every minute of it.
Hope this helps you and your son.
Ron
Old 07-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

^+1 if you upgrade your Dx6i get one of the newer Dx radios be it the 6, 9 or 18, they're really a cut above the rest. I had a 7s for ages before I handed it to my son, it's a great radio, however my Dx9 is just breath taking at how much better it is, and the new dx6 runs the same firmware and gimbals on the sticks, it has the majority of the 9's features at a fraction of the price.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 02:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

$.02

Get him a FP first and get him to training on hover orientations in the sim. Then when he can hover proficiently in all orientations buy him the nano and he can destroy it from there.

It really is a great training tool. You can fly inside, damage on crashes is minimal, repairs are cheap (except for boards), you can hit yourself in the face and walk away (don't ask), you can hit your kids and they just cry a little no real wounds (don't ask), it's hard to fly and forces you to develop quick reactions., it's a great little bird stock and needs no real upgrades just some things that are worth replacing once they break, and the list goes on.

+1 on the dx6. I started out with a dx4 and then upgraded to a Dx8 and couldn't believe the difference in controllability with the new TX. There is also a lot more flexibility with a programmable TX which can be beneficial to a first time flyer to tame the twitchy little bird down till CP flying becomes more comfortable.

If you ask me, it's the cheapest way to learn if you avoid the upgrade bug and just fix what you break. Get some airtime skids, a solid boom when the stock breaks, a new swash with rear AR guide when it breaks and that's about all you really need to fly this fine little machine around and learn the ropes.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This has been a great thread, and I'm new to the forum.

I got the NANO CPX and stopped counting batteries that I've had through it. It is a great machine! Taught me how much more I had to learn. Prior to this I've flown quads and have enjoyed the journey. Now I am hooked. Last week I picked up a 300 CFX instead of the 450X. The 300 CFX was about the same price at the local shop here. It was having the upgraded parts that helped with my decision. It seems larger RC vehicles have a greater benefit to machined parts over their plastic stock. (Seems to be true for cars and helis (JMO). Bigger is great, but having the higher level of performance parts (for me) was more important and given they are close in size. I know after a bit, I would look to upgrade the parts, so knowing me, this drove my decision. If you can, sit the machines next to each other to help with the decision. Thanks for a great forum.
Flexin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Instead of going FP, I recommended giving your 12 years old a NanoQX, this the toughest thing I flew, it does not break it just bounce of thing. It is also the safest because the propeller are small.
You can fly it inside or outside if there is very little wind.
When he can fly circuits in stability mode and hover in any orientation in Agility mode, then moving to the NanoCPX will not be a frustrating experience.
Codepox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in