Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

My HF Map location

No collets. They are not going to be needed. Talked to Tim at the Bham event. He has something new coming. This will be just put it in place and tighten the nut on the crankshaft.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So what is the ETA of the "NEW" part?
Alfred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
He has something new coming. This will be just put it in place and tighten the nut on the crankshaft
Let me see, new fan?
misio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Is anyone flying the fan yet ?

How easy does it go on ?

How many parts does it add to the heli ?

what is the weight ?

I am curious to what they are working on ?
mayhem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2007, 02:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

Any news on the collet, fan or whatever it is? I was thinking of re-checking my fan again but I hate the idea of dial-indicating it. It seems like it's the only part of building the heli that's not fun.
Scrub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2007, 03:00 PM   #26 (permalink)

My HF Map location

No news that I have heard.
But I at least check every fan I install with a dial indicator where the manufactuer says it is needed or not.

I personally prefer the collets as I can adjust the fan to a proper alignment. If it is screw on type fan and happens to be out of alignment. There is not anything you can do to get it aligned other than buy a new fan or crankshaft.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have red in the magazine that they are coming out with a new fan without a collets and its going to be pre drilled for the magnates, so wondering when will it be out

What Goes Up Must Come Down
www.kuwaithobbytime.com
q8hobbytime is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #28 (permalink)

I guess they're still not ready.
Scrub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi

Tim S had this new no-collts-fan thing with at 3DM.

:mrgreen:
ChopperKnud
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #30 (permalink)

Default Prototype fan

I made several of these fans for myself and some good freinds I have some extra if anyone is interested please email If you would like to test out !

I designed this Fan and Have been testing it along with some other Very good Pilots(I am not good) for several months now seems to be the way to go for the guys that dont like to see anything past .001!
(I believe that this is how all fans will eventually be made!)

1. It is heat shink fit on any ys os 60 - 90 motors no extra collets or pieces
2. Predrilled for gv-1 magnets Very precise location within .0005 location evenly centered
3. One piece billit 6061 t651 Aircraft Aluminuim
4. It balances better than I ever got any other fan with out drilling to counter balance(with no work to it at all)
5. The Fan uses keyway not compression of collets so you dont have to over tighten and twist your crank(In return I believe A true running fan will help in rear bearing life )
6.typical runout is less than .001 the runout is actually not the fan but your bearings in the motor itself
7.Every fan I make is tested for runout and it is less than .0001 so if you do have run out it is usally bad bearings.
8.10 fins for increase cooling

Wow about time
I love my stratus

Please email me If you would like to test one of the last 25 I have produced

Macesmayhem @ comcast.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000298re.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	23819  

Last edited by mace; 08-02-2007 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: spell
mace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New fan

I have been using mace's fan/ hub for about 5 months on 2 extremes. Probably close to 400 flights, absolutly no problems! The installation takes approx 10 minutes, this long only because I check the balance, which is not necessary, they are perfect! I was spending way too much time trying to dial indicate the collet method only to have the run-out go to .002 or .003 when I would give it the last twist on the crank nut, very frustrating. With this fan (no collets) you just heat it in the oven or with a heat gun, slide it on the crank with a key, tighten the nut and you are done! I don't have a real expensive dial indicator but it is pretty good and I get just about .000 runout. The magnet holes are the correct size too. All you have to do is push them into the predrilled holes, a drop of green locktite and you are done.
I had to change motors so using my home made puller the fan came off the crank easily, heated it with a heat gun and slid it on the new motor, couldn't have been easier. I cut my fan shrouds so they don't touch the head, with the 10 blades on this fan over heating has not been an issue even in Maryland's.100 degree temperatures!
It's nice to have a real PIA problem solved. Oh and by the way I love my Extremes.
Ed
Old 08-03-2007, 03:50 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Looks NICE !

Hi mace

Sent you a PM :-)

That looks NICE.
that a very preciese hole you have made there!
That must be hard to get the toelrance in the hole for the crankaxle that exact, so that it is a "heatup - precision hole"...

Have you done any test on have good it runs (runout) if it has being mounted and "demounted" many times?

If taking of the fan, would it then not also be best to heat up the fan with a heating gun, before ulling it of with a puller (because alu get faster "bigger" when being heated up as steel, and then you do not damage the fine cranckhole) ???

Maybe it would be good to "offer" a puller for the fan......?

ChopperKnud
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in