Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

@sutty
I'm almost leaning towards the Align T-REX 450 Pro V2 Super Combo KX015082 although the cost is greater, the kit does seem to include most of the electrical components needed as apposed to the Align T-REX 450 Pro Kit KX015073 which would require these components to be purchased separately which is a bonus for me as a novice to the hobby. I've noticed while researching these helicopters the V2 seems to be a fly-bar-less design does this effect flight characteristics and or would this design make the helicopter harder to fly?
@Luke Warmwater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
People often write reviews because either they want to complain or they want to defend/justify the purchase they made themselves. That means that the devil is in the detail of what they liked or disliked, not the overall impression they got.
Sound advice I've not thought about it like that before, although it's always great to hear other peoples opinions, you always have to take them with a pinch of salt right! I've had some great advice here on the forum thou, it has certainly changed my initial point of view of the hobby I can certainly see the advantage in buying a helicopter that has been well manufactured now, I guess it basically comes down to how much you are willing to invest into the hobby, I've also realized it's not going to be as strait forward as I first though, the hobby is far from (Plug & Play) for example I need to invest in a lot of tools and equipment before I take to the skies not to mention the learning how to perform setting the Helicopter up.
@Anyone
I've been looking at the following site for information on the Align helicopters -> http://www.align-trex.co.uk <- is this the manufactures website or just a retailers website?
Kindest regards,
DaMaGeLaB
DaMaGeLaB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pro V2 contains some modifications, like a slightly different battery tray, and canopy, but the fact that you say it is FBL means it is not possible to fly it at all unless you equip it with a Flybarless controller. Now the combo kit you list may well be complete with the Align version of this type of controller, the 3GX, which has had some mixed reviews with its early firmware versions. Subsequent releases seem to have addressed the early issues, as with many of the FBL controllers, and it seems many are happy with it now. I do still read people complaining about it, and abandoning it for the BeastX FBL controller, the MicroBeast, but then I am frequenting the MicroBeast forum, so this observation would be skewed. I've never see anyone give up on the MicroBeast though I have seen people with problems, but they always overcome them with help, and once achieved they declare it awesome, along with nearly everyone else.

FBL helicopters are much easier to fly, they have the stability of much much larger FB helicopters, without the fear factor of flying a large helicopter. My 450 FBL flies as easily as the 600 used to when that was FB, but I can throw it around the sky in a totally fearless way, but on the 600 I always held back a little. The drawback, and it is a big one, unless you have cut your teeth on FB, then I would hate to think how hard it would be to understand what is going on with an FBL controller when trying to set it up to fly correctly for the first time.

I had a hard enough job understanding my DX7, this was my first computerised Tx. It took me a few days of reading, and forum research, to come to terms with what was going on. The reason it was so hard, is that my grounding in CP helicopters was limited, and without that underlying knowledge, getting to grips with the radio set-up is very challenging. This would be doubly true of FBL, and triply true if you were switching to first time cTx, and FBL at the same time.

Personally, I would say avoid FBL right now, but others may have a different opinion. One thing is for sure, long term, FBL is the way to go, as I foresee in the not too distant future there will probably be no such thing as an FB'd helicopter.

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I looked up Align site and KX015082 super combo is a standard fly-bared kit which is what you need at this stage. Can't really use a fbl setup to skid around on the concrete with training gear strapped on, which you'll need to do a lot at the beginning. My recommendation is that you go fbl after you can solidly hover, not before. Plus, fbl head + controller will set you back at least another £200 which you probably don't need at this stage.

The web site you've found has no connection to Align (they even sell Esky and at most have a reseller agreement with Align), it's a case of entrepreneur Brits shamelessly stealing the copyrighted trademark of a respected Chinese company

The true Align website:
http://www.align.com.tw/shop/index.php?cPath=22_25
Just noticed an odd thing: there is no 550 on Align site !!! What happened???

Edit: Never mind, a brain fart on my part. They're not listed in order, that's all.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

@sutty
Thank you for taking the time to explain Fly-bar VS Fly-barless design I'm certainly learning something new every day here! So it's defiantly recommended that I should keep away from the Fly-bar-less design at this point as to not over complicate things, and as to not increase cost any further than I have to, maybe a project for the future once I've progressed somewhat further into the hobby.
@jperkosk
Thank you for pointing that out I don't know why I was under the impression the KX015082 (Kit) featured a Fly-barless design maybe I was glancing at the KX015080 (Kit) or possibly up-gradable components, I honestly feel like a kid and a candy store while I'm browsing these numerous hobbyist websites I just want one of everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
It's a case of entrepreneur Brits shamelessly stealing the copyrighted trademark of a respected Chinese company
Damn that makes a changes isn't it normally the opposite way around
@Anyone
Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the best practices of learning how to fly collective pitch helicopters safely and proficiently. I've taken a look at the Radd's school of rotary flight and was just wondering if there are any alternative training methods, training aids and or simulators? I'm currently playing around with Heli-X simulator as this runs in Linux natively.
Kindest regards,
DaMaGeLaB
Old 02-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good morning, I've been flying cp helis for a little over 2 months now and In that time ive managed to learn how to hover In all directions quite proficiently mainly down to excessive use of Phoenix sim. I've had many crashes along the way and spent just as long repairing my heli ad I have flying it. I caused 50quids worth of damage after 10 seconds of take off on my first attempt alone!
However, I can now fly forwards and do gentle circuits although they are a little sloppy and I'm a long way off any kind of fast or 3d flying. INMHO I have only got this far through the Phoenix sim as it Teaches your hands (thumbs) to react in the way you want them to. Also I use the Mcpx for learning orientations as its a tough little heli and can be flown indoors which is a brucey as the weathers terrible in England most of the time!
In summary I would say keep practising on the sim, until you can hover well, practise some more on the sim, until your thumbs react how they should and get out there and practise with the heli. Expect to crash and don't let it upset you if you do - everyone crashes. Start off gentle and don't expect to run before you can walk. It's not easy but as I've proven to myself at least, it's possible but only of you put the time in. And the buzz is something else. Puts a smile on my face every time I fly!

Hope my 2p's worth helps
ChopperNoob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperNoob View Post
Expect to crash and don't let it upset you if you do - everyone crashes.
This is a point that cannot be over-stated. You will crash, everyone does. Often the better you get, the worse the crashes are, because you are now doing things faster and higher. Sims are a great aid, but there is no substitute for practicing with the real thing, you need to fly at every opportunity. You may not even notice improvent at first because it comes slowly, but then one day you will notice that things are a little more natural and stuff you really stuggled with at first you are not even thinking about any more, they have become instinctive. For anyone old enough to remember the old Miller Lite ad with Paul Hornung the key is "Practice Practice Practice"
Blade mCP X
GreyEyes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ChopperNoob
Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking about getting PhoenixRC once I've purchased a suitable TX as my Esky USB EK2-0900A isn't compatible, I read that PhoenixRC works fine in Linux with the aid of Virtualbox so it's a great option for me, until then I'm sadly stuck with Heli-X and HeliSim
@GreyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes View Post
Often the better you get, the worse the crashes are, because you are now doing things faster and higher.
Makes sense, for someone of my level of experience I think skidding around the floor with training gear on for a few months seems an achievable goal. I can just about hover in the simulator I have I definitely have no aspirations of being able to do any 3D stuff for a long while.
@Anyone
I've had the offer of a second-hand CopterX Black Angel Pro for £200 which seems like a great deal to me as this includes a lot of spare blades as well as a lot other parts and is RTF! my question being how does this model compare to the Align T-REX 450 Pro V2 and or is there risks in purchasing a second-hand Heli?
Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Problem with 2nd hand equipment: unless you buy it from someone you can trust, it's a lottery, you could get a great deal but you could also get a bird with a lot of damage, not always apparent at the first glance.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Problem with 2nd hand equipment: unless you buy it from someone you can trust, it's a lottery, you could get a great deal but you could also get a bird with a lot of damage, not always apparent at the first glance.
That's certainly my main concern with buying a second-hand Heli, that could have been crashed or damaged and I wouldn't even know how to check for defects, at least if I purchase the Align T-REX 450 Pro V2 (Kit) I get some form of guarantee.

Thank you for replying.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think it is meant to be pretty good. But I tend to agree, how would you know what you were getting. You virtually can't go wrong if you buy the genuine article new. At least if there is something faulty, you can always send it back.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Belt CP V2 vs Trex clone (again)

All the advice I've read here is pretty much spot on, and I wish I'd read it myself a few years back.
The Belt CP (and any Esky 6 ch heli IMHO) is essentially a dead end. The parts are hard to get, the factory may actually be comatose, and BESIDES... Those TREX/EXI style clones fly extremely well right out of the box for what... about $70 if you get one on sale?
Newbies simply upgrade the EXI to a Trex one piece at a time, until... viola! They find that their EXI has morphed into a full-on Trex.
You will always find Trex or clone parts when you need them.
I write today this as I'm having difficulty finding certain parts today for my heavily upgraded (and first 6 channel heli) Esky Belt v.2.
Guess I'll just have to cannibalize it, and stick with my newer Trex 's from now on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in