Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

forgot to add, ....I use the QUARK plate for mt sensors. PEACE!
jondabear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1

I am using the quark plate as well.
ochants76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Re-posting to add it to this thread!

While on the bench with your heli on (and two motor wires removed) wiggle your connectors. I had a strange crash just after spin up and it seemed like an electronic issue. On the bench I found that the connector on the sensor was sensitive to touch. I wiggled it and sure as heck the 3G reset it self, resulting in all sorts of swash gyrations and the tail servo quit working during the reset. This is what happened on my crash.

So, I took the sensor apart and found a pin in the connector was very short compared to the others. Look at the pictures. I pushed the pin back out and put some epoxy in there to keep it in place! Now, the connector feels right and my Knight 600E is a happy camper. Also, I haven't had ANY tail kicks on the 600E (could be coincidence and due to the smoothness of the Compass heli).

Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now there is a HIGHLY.....useful pic. This is what has masked itself ,since its birth, as a "power bus" problem. TAKE HEED! And inspect yours. This will cause a CATASTROPHIC FAILURE, midflight. SEEN it, read about it, caught it(guess what I found thread) before it was a problem for me.

All props and respect to Tgilton for that post! Now that's...........an addition! Peace!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I havnt got much of an input other than I noticed a big difference when I dissabled my gov in the align esc. especialy in the tail.

Im still not 100% how this all works togeather.
Corrari is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's a vital tip that is often overlooked:

READ THE MANUAL!!

Old 09-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

EXCELLENT TIP! Sometimes the most obvious of things will prove themselves to be quite elusive.

Now that were done with the Simple stuff, on to another section.

POWER SYSTEMS AND SET UPS. !!!!!!!

Ill be posting my PERSONAL set up here in just a bit. POSSIBLY with a very brief explanation of voltage /current and how these need to work for us in this environment and application.

PEACE!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im gna do the short LAYmans version for this post.

Voltage is ENERGY. Particularly the level or amount of energy within a circuit(electrical system) or field. Thats pretty confusing even to me after 21 years. Just know that it is a measurement of energy. SIMPLE huh?

Ampereage( CURRENT ) is a term for the unit of measure associated witrh how much "OOOMPH!" a source of energy can let loose. There is Nominal and peak readings.
Nominal is what you can " DRAW" (use from) from the power source, And PEAK is what can be drawn from (EXTREME circumstance)IE. full power collective dump with full cyclic deflection ,This will draw the MOST amperage from the "power system" at any one time.

All that mumbo jumbo being said, Here is what I personally run for power sytem through my 700n. Let me first give ya a breakdown of my 700n.

700n LE 3g
JR8717HV servos on CYCLICS. DS 620 servo on throttle. DS 650 servo on tail. 3g SYSTEM.AR 7100R receiver w/2 sats. Western robotics " BLINKY" voltage gauge. Western robotics Mini HERCULES BEC. Switch glo PRO.

Pretty standard setup for a fbl 700n. The POWER set up is a bit different though.
HERES what im running..........I run a 3S thunder power 30c 2250mah lipo for ALL my power. I run a Western robotics bec to drop the output voltage to 8.4v and then it gets distributed from my receiver through 2 different sections. One is a "THRU" which will give ya exactly what is getting put in( 8.4v from wr bec) and the other is a stepped down regulated side of 5.2v for throttle,tail etc.

HERES THE LOGIC!. If i got a 2 cell lipo that has 3 flights on it (1900mah) then the VOLTAGE will begin to drop pretty dramataically to compensate for the CURRENT being drawn outta it. I MAY even hit down to about 6.8 or lower voltage. If i ask enough of the power system(Remember that full coll, full cyclic i was talking about? ) then the voltage MAY even spike down to a USELESS voltage and cause a brown out or RESET of my model.

At 11.1 volts, If i do all of the above NO NO's and really push it harder than i should, I would probably never hit a dangerous level of v and be able to MAYBE operate my model just long enough to get it on the ground.

Now everyone is probably saying" WELL how do you know thats what will happen with a 2 cell lipo? Ive never............" I KNOW....... because I have done it ! PURPOSELLY and PURPOSEFULLY .....DONE IT! Yes i put my model at risk of a crash to prove a theory!.

My 700 RESET itself TWICE before (brownout. Thank GOD for the new quick rebind firmware) I was actually able to get it on the Ground safely. 3S pack NEVER did this.
Now I dont recommend trying this, but there was alot of thought and anallysis that wen t into this BEFORE I attempted the experiment.

So the LONG - SHORT of this is.........When it comes to powering your system, would you rather have a shallow well to draw from(7.2v) or the deeper well of 11.1v so that there is a bit of a safety margin in the equation? (regulated to 8.4 by wr)

Youve seen what Ive done and this was only VERY recently , after my 700 started to act a bit slow and nonresponsive after 2.5 flights.

Hope this helps a bit. BTW ...same concepts can be utilized WITHOUT all the high dollar stuff. Just REGULATE that VOLTAGE. PEACE!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess you just need a bigger 2s battery maybe 2500-3000 mah to get the flight time you are looking for IMHO using a 3s batt and adding an extra regulator is asking for trouble.
raypadro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Id love for it to be that simple. Think about how many of us use bec's. This one has a MAX input voltage of 48 volts so no need to worry. Wr bec's are a completely diff animal than most of usa are used to. Check it out. Pretty neat stuff. Peace!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

FUN FUN FUN! .......heres a little bit of info that I hadnt thought to share.

MY SETTINGS. hopefully they will help someone . if ya got any questions about em , feel free to ask. PEACE!
Attached Files
File Type: txt aileron bobble fix 1.txt (118 Bytes, 232 views)
File Type: txt default 700 2.1.txt (117 Bytes, 127 views)
File Type: txt elevator fix.txt (118 Bytes, 140 views)
File Type: txt field test 1.txt (118 Bytes, 126 views)
File Type: txt field test 2.txt (118 Bytes, 97 views)
File Type: txt IRCHA 2010.txt (117 Bytes, 137 views)
File Type: txt kbdd dampers.txt (118 Bytes, 102 views)
File Type: txt trex test 1-700.txt (117 Bytes, 130 views)
File Type: txt my_setting.txt (119 Bytes, 120 views)
File Type: txt jr 500 test.txt (117 Bytes, 138 views)
File Type: txt jr's 500.txt (117 Bytes, 143 views)
Old 09-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bottom 2 are for a customers 500. This is a few files off my field laptop.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

No real tips, but my heli is flying great! All stock settings. Here is my set-up.:

Trex600NP W/OS50 Hyper
DX7 W/AR7100
Align 3G, V.2.1, ele and ail gains @ 10:30 position.
Censor is mounted with 2 foam pads with steel plate in between the two. Ive tried it with and without strap, with no effect on performance.
JR 8717, W/JR big servo wheels. About the same as the Align servo wheels with balls on outer holes.
Futaba S9256 on the tail, gain is 60 in Tx. Ball is about 17mm out from center. Edit 12mm
2 Cell A123 2300mah Rx pack
Switch Glow Pro
Align 600mm night blades (lol!), Align tail CF blades.
CY ATG governor, 1850 headspeed. All the time. Except during auto's ;-)
12 deg. pitch, 12 deg. cyclic.

Heli is flying very well. This is my 1st FBL unit. Really easy to set-up. Really fast flip and roll rate. Tracks perfectly through all flight orientations. Auto's are a blast. I have about 10 flights on the system and I have only found in really aggressive cyclic inputs during high speed forward flight the heli will get a slight for and aft "BOB". During my 1st hover test flights the heli was pretty good with out of the box settings. But after a bit, i soon discovered that I needed to turn down the gains on the elevator and aileron. Those were some pretty intense moments. To see the heli shaking like that, i thought the heli was going to come apart. At one point I had my tail gain turned all the way up to 90 in the Tx. with not wag at all. But in forward flight I had a small rapid wag. So down to 60 was the ticket.

Last edited by wacojoe; 09-29-2010 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Edited
wacojoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awsome contribution. Thanx for it!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry but is the 17mm tail servo ball distance a typo?

I`m pretty sure that manual shows it at 13mm for the 3G and 650 servo and I have it at this distance.

This is one hole in on the supplied `Star` Align servo arm.

I have still got a bit of tail wag in fast forward flight on my 700e and I had been wondering if this distance quoted in the manual was correct and whether or not to start playing around with it.

Whats everyone else got their tail servo ball distance at to give a wag free setup?
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Malc, you are correct. Well, it was not a typo but a error I made when measuring the the distance. I just double checked, it is 12mm out from the center. Maybe more like 11.75mm but .....ya know.
Thanks for bringing to my attention. Don't want to lead anyone astray.
wacojoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 12:26 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok no probs..using the same kit supplied servo arm?
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Expo

How many of you are using expo ?

My 700E was very sensitive on its maiden flight yesterday.

So I now have 50% on both swash and tail
hazes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the best thing to do is remove expo on the software for the ail and elev (set to 0) and only use expo on the tx. I believe they conflict when used togeather.
Corrari is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm the opposite.
Expo is linear (disabled) in the Tx, all set via the software.

Actually, all 3G parameters that are adjustable by both the Tx & 3G software I do via the software only & leave the Tx at defaults. (Except for tail gyro gain)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in