Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 550

Hurricane 550 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hyperion G3

ok... I got a new battery (have needed a new pack for a LONG time).. I spent the extra $$ and decided to try the new Hyperion G3..here's my impression of the pack after a single flight...

I had more head speed.. and even power the entire flight... I used to fly 4:30 on my 2200 2x3s 25c setup... I did 5:30 on this 6s 3300VX 35c for my first flight... I only put 1767 back in..full pitch punch outs were a LOT faster... and the motor never bogged.. after the flight the pack was cool to the touch even though it was over 95F outside...

I need to get a hold of a tach and compare the difference in my old packs and the new one...I also need to go knock over a few liquor store or banks and by a few more of these packs
mysticmead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

haha yeah i really need to get one or two or ten of those things. the zippies are great but i'm still seeing some bogging when i try harder stuff. so you went the 35c route? is it just night and day with your other packs or what?
bobbybe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

my old packs don't even compare to these... there is soooooo much more power...I've been warned already that I NEED to time the flights...they'll hold voltage til about 90% is used.. then drop quick... kinda like A123 but it can damage these
mysticmead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i should be flying my new g3 3300 pack today, i have run it a few times just hovering, i don't know if these need a break in or not but i figured that i would play it safe with a $150 battery, it also fits much better under the canopy vs. my other 3300 pack
Old 08-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

The very good point of these H G3 lipo is that you can charge them at 5C, in 10-12 min !

It beats the LiFe technologie : lighter and more capacity available (A123 are only 2300 mA/H ) !

I may change my heavy 10S A123 pack for theses G3 lipo soon... (800g Vs 550g for the same quantity of energy)

Is it needed to choose the 35c pack ? 25c delivers 82.5A continous. It looks enought, doesn't it ?
Sonn113 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have just received one of those. How well does that pack fit under the canopy? Is the balance of the bird good?

Align Trex 450 HDE, & 450 SE V2
Gaui Hurricane 200 V2, & 550 CFS
mcnabbwr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

By the way, where can we find them ?
I know Air Craft RC in Japan, is there another place to by the 3S 3300 25 C pack?
Sonn113 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonn113 View Post
The very good point of these H G3 lipo is that you can charge them at 5C, in 10-12 min !

It beats the LiFe technologie : lighter and more capacity available (A123 are only 2300 mA/H ) !

I may change my heavy 10S A123 pack for theses G3 lipo soon... (800g Vs 550g for the same quantity of energy)

Is it needed to choose the 35c pack ? 25c delivers 82.5A continous. It looks enought, doesn't it ?
sonn....the cx version is more than adequate(probably better than almost all previos batteries out there) but for a small sum more you get a way more capable pack = less stressing it = potentially even more life than the already amazing expectations.

mcnabb....i found it fitted fine on my slightly modded plastic frame...same mod works magic on the cf fraMES AS WELL...CUT YOUR CANOPY POSTS IN HALF AND SPACE THEM..GRR CAPSlock ass...had to slide it forward due to it being lighter for cg...tragic bro
kahn10 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in