Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #1681 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flymentor !!!

I am trying to learn how to fly on my own. So far I can only hover. For that reason, I purchased a Flymentor. I have everything mounted and wired per manual and videos on internet. I went ahead and tried to set it up. When I power up, I have a red flashing light (about one per second). I have been checking and re-checking wires and reading articles on the internet to 2 days now. I can’t find the cause of it. I need to resolve this issue, so I can proceed to set it up.
Specs. Trex 600E, Futaba T7CHP, All Futaba servos and receiver.
rjmachy77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #1682 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Setting out

Firstly, you need to be able to connect the Flymentor to your computer. Do you have it connected and are you able to change the Flymentor settings?

Secondly, you must have the helicopter able to run smoothly without the Flymentor, so it has all the controls moving easily without jamming and the motor running well. The blades need to be tracking nicely. Don't fly it, just check the mechanics.

Thirdly, the transmitter needs to be set to eliminate all mixing. It must be set with the simplest helicopter configuration possible so that it does not interfere with the stabilisation offered by the Flymentor. If you have already been using the transmitter with a helicopter, choose a new memory position and start a new, basic configuration.

When you have all these three steps completed, you can start to work your way through the Flymentor installation manual, aided by the clarifications posted in these pages. You have about two hours of work to do.
Michaelpowell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #1683 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Simple Radios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
You will at least need to be able to switch off the internal mixing in the TX and that is not always possible with simple inexpensive radio's.
In simple terms I am thinking of Skyleader, for those ancients in the UK, something with direct stick to servo control. Non-computer, no mixers, no exponential, not even servo reversing. Helicopter flying was perfectly feasible with those sets, even before electronic gyros and stabilisers.

Flymentor has all those facilities, so the transmitter doesn't need to have them. In fact, having them in the transmitter is an invitation to alter them and confound the picture.

I know little about Japanese radio control because I haven't used it for decades, but there must be something on the market out there, surely, that either doesn't have a mixer, or can have everything switched off.
Michaelpowell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #1684 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default red light on FL

If all of your wiring is plugged in ok.... try putting in a new battery! Iwas working so much on my FL that it went red light on me and then shut down with a humming noise I thought I had done some damage to it but was relieved when a new charged battery sorted out the red light prob.
Orbi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #1685 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need Flymentor Help for Newbe

This is mainly for zagifly, but anyone can chime in on this.
I just got a used Trex 450 belt dr on tail with Flymentor and FM Gyro installed but didn't have a receiver. I got the Spektrum 6115e 6 ch and using it on the Spektrum Dx7. I noticed in your post you have a 450 with 6ch rec and Dx7 running on the FM plus using Gear switch. I've been trying to figure out what color wires go where on the receiver and all the other settings for Tx and FM to get this 450 working. So many combos to this I'm lost. I would appreciate it if you would please post the settings you are using so I at least have a starting point?
On the FM I have the Lft servo on 1, The Rght servo on 2, Elev on 3 and Tail on 5.
Thank You
rcher1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #1686 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FlyMentor with Er9x on TurnigyTX

So I eliminated all the swash mixing in the TX. As in Ivor's tutorial.

I use the standard Futaba Channel assignments.

I have CH 01 100% AIL
CH02 100% ELE
CH3 100% THR
CH4 100% RUD

CH6 ??????????????????????

I'm not sure what to put on CH6

Finally my channel 6 is the LEFT servo and channel 1 is the RIGHT servo as seen from the rear of the copter.

Anyone??

EDIT: Tried -100 % on CH6 No Help. Then 100% THR and that works; why I have no idea. But the SWASH servos all work in the correct directions, and all four (left/right forward/back and collective) functions also are correct.

Boowho??

Last edited by boowho; 12-15-2013 at 10:22 AM..
boowho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #1687 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flymentor 2 ??

1. I am having a lot of trouble deciding if the FM is correcting in the right direction when testing.... cant tell as it moves very little and the camera does not always stay in tracking.... green light is steady.... then blinks, steady then blinks....

2. I don't understand the difference between balancing mode and position mode ??
RL2REM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2016, 03:35 AM   #1688 (permalink)
Registered Users

Balance is keeping the heli level.
Position tries to use the camera make the heli hold a postion.
It has been a long time since I setup one of these things but I believe there is a gain to the corrections. If you are seeing very little movement on the swash can you increase the gain for viewing the corrections?
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2016, 03:35 AM   #1689 (permalink)
Registered Users

this is on a flybarred heli correct?
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #1690 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fligt stab

yes, flybar system. turned gain up all way... still cant tell. wont stay locked in ... darn.... hate to fly and try.... and die... I did fly it some... in a work room 8 x 8 space. think it is trying to correct the wrong way..
RL2REM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in