Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well you should better compare the +50 EUR to your currency. The old SK720 costs 399,- EUR w/o Power Bus.

imho +50 isn't such a huge gap, I expected more.
Berserkertom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
Well by today's numbers that equates to $579. and change. Wow!!!
WOW it is.
If you are starting from scratch that’s going to cost you over $1600 for a 720BE and GPS. I don’t thing they are going to be cost effective for beginners flying 250 helicopters.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
WOW it is.
If you are starting from scratch that’s going to cost you over $1600 for a 720BE and GPS. I don’t thing they are going to be cost effective for beginners flying 250 helicopters.

So the SK-GPS is going to be >=$1000? If so, they can keep it.

(Talk about shooting yourself in the foot on a chance to takeover the market for beginners)

The price on the 720BE is indeed reasonable however, I also expected more.

spikestabber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I am getting tried of no info on a release date or the cost of the units. I have been waiting since the first one came out. What about 3 years ago. I am tried of no news from the main company. Even if the company would let us know what to expect it would be great but every time they let some news out throught the grape vine it is months even years before the units are released.

I purchased the blue one to use hoping things would be coming out for it but then they release the 540 insteaded of the promised GPS unit. I know it takes time but even some updates from the main company on this site would be great.
filtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #25 (permalink)

Hey I was interested in the black edition as well and received an email with some interesting news. The cost of the new black edition will be 450 (this is from skookum) it will also be released towards the end of October, possibly November. The GPS unit will be released before the new black edition and is currently ready to be released however they are still working on software issues. The goal is to have the gps released in the next couple of weeks. Again my information is literally from Skookum and I am just relaying what they have informed me of. Hope this helps.
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
The GPS unit will be released before the new black edition and is currently ready to be released however they are still working on software issues. The goal is to have the gps released in the next couple of weeks.
LOL

They have been saying that for 3 years

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

and by the time we desperately waiting others are out by their GPS system.
Naza is already selling GPS for helly.
http://www.oomodel.com/dji-nazah-con...n-p-63912.html

come on give us a hope that it is comming soon and the cost.
nezam1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezam1 View Post
and by the time we desperately waiting others are out by their GPS system.
Naza is already selling GPS for helly.
http://www.oomodel.com/dji-nazah-con...n-p-63912.html

come on give us a hope that it is comming soon and the cost.
=] yes well it's happening! you will need one of these and the pro viewer to see gps logs =

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
Hey I was interested in the black edition as well and received an email with some interesting news. The cost of the new black edition will be 450 (this is from skookum) it will also be released towards the end of October, possibly November. The GPS unit will be released before the new black edition and is currently ready to be released however they are still working on software issues. The goal is to have the gps released in the next couple of weeks. Again my information is literally from Skookum and I am just relaying what they have informed me of. Hope this helps.
Welcome to the Skookum threads Sarah!
It's a good crowd over here so it will be great to see you using one of these in the near future.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcallister View Post
=] yes well it's happening! you will need one of these and the pro viewer to see gps logs =

Georgi,

Looking good mate Assuming i have no desire to see gps logs, i take it we will simply get a bolt on GUi for the GPS settings so we can set it ?? Also i'm guessing the field terminal won't play with it...
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking forward to this unit for the 550 build! Skookum makes a great product, and provides a good starting point when you are venturing into the world of fbl. The more i learn the more that i see the advantages to a more advanced unit.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish nezam hadn't mentioned the Naza-H...

Now I feel I will need to buy both to compare the two for my needs. Naza will likely have better flight modes from what I can assume (GPS attitude mode, manual and RTH) but probably limited to 50m altitude on the GPS hold like it's multicopter version.

Skookum will have better bailout modes, such as the hard deck.

Sigh
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #33 (permalink)

=] Heathy, but yes you will!! speed is measured here, you were involved with this< I seem to remember?!

the latest software opens the gps gui bolt on in the utility tab, both screens are then visible, not using the lcd but it would include a gps gui firmware also?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #34 (permalink)

Well I just set up my first 720 which is the original one, which for a first time it was not too bad. I did have some questions and once they were explained to me, I felt pretty dumb I could not figure it out on my own. however I have another 700 that I will be building very soon, and I would really like to put the black edition on it if they ever decide to release it. I was able to call skookum today, (took me awhile to find the number but here it is in case any one else wants it 604-734-3544) and I spoke with another person who was assuring me that it would be out very soon. Of course knowing my luck in research, it will show up 7 years from now. I must say though for setting up my first one it was not too bad. I have yet to fly it though, oh boy.
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
INaza will likely have better flight modes from what I can assume (GPS attitude mode, manual and RTH) but probably limited to 50m on the GPS hold like it's multicopter version.

Skookum will have better bailout modes, such as the hard deck.

Sigh
=] understandably, SK are protective of their innovative GPS systems, inverted position hold, a 2M hard deck may well be available at some point, I would trust 100% any delay in release is because perfectionists never settle for second best, no matter how hard you shout, they simply can't hear you?!!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a couple of 540 units.. They fly great.

I am interested in building a goblin and would probably look into the SK720 BE for that bad boy.
Rockarruda is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] understandably, SK are protective of their innovative GPS systems, inverted position hold, a 2M hard deck may well be available at some point, I would trust 100% any delay in release is because perfectionists never settle for second best, no matter how hard you shout, they simply can't hear you?!!
I'm not complaining about a delay, I'm complaining about having to buy the naza H to try out too lol.

I do hope you are right about continued additions to the flight modes.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] Heathy, but yes you will!! speed is measured here, you were involved with this< I seem to remember?!

the latest software opens the gps gui bolt on in the utility tab, both screens are then visible, not using the lcd but it would include a gps gui firmware also?
Well, if thats the case...very interested in speed runs at the moment so will probably buy the pro viewer. Is the software easy to move from laptop to laptop now??? [ thinking ahead ]

Looks like the skookum worlds about to blow people away, i really am struggling to comprehend how good its going to be with a 720 Black and GPS for safety net.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
Is the software easy to move from laptop to laptop now??? [ thinking ahead ]
No, you can only install it in one place, but you can ask SK to reset the code so you can install somewhere else, might take them a week to do it though.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am very excited about this as well. I have never allowed myself to own a 700 and have also stopped flying my 600 sized gasser because of repair costs. I allow myself a Protos500 for the time being. If this new SK actually has the new vibe resistant gyros, a gps, a virtual flight deck and gps ect.... then I will allow myself a 700 knowing that the chances of a crash are less likely.

I just visited the SK site and it said PinPoint Gyro so I looked them up and they are the same vibrating ring technology that has been around for awhile now.

Are these Pinpoint gyros truly vibration resistant? I cant see how they can be with vibrating ring tech.
CharlieChoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in