Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Does $50 shipped sound fair? let me check and make sure I have all the parts it came with on hand, and then Ill PM you and we can go from there.

Thanks Randy
Yep,consider it sold, the only critical part in this admittedly vastly overpriced tool is the little bubble level that can easily get lost. It really should have sold for about what you are getting for it now, or even less! Thanks bro!
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Yep,consider it sold, the only critical part in this admittedly vastly overpriced tool is the little bubble level that can easily get lost. It really should have sold for about what you are getting for it now, or even less! Thanks bro!
Yep, that's what I want to make sure is still in my tool box. There is the one little bubble level, the CF rod, and then the arrangement of blade bolts, which are the least of the worries since they are just standard metric bolts. I used the bolt that were on the heli itself.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ok, the tail rotor shaft has been replaced and all looks good(I think). Vibs are all under 1.7 which is good, right? Please have a look at my log anyway, just in case I'm missing something?...Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: skv LOG66.SKV (521.5 KB, 31 views)

180 CFX, Nano Cpx, Mcpx v2, Mcpx BL, 300X W/ Savox Servos and Don's Wicked, Trex 450L Dominator W/Skookum 720BE and GPS, DX9, (Retired Schluter Scout 60 and Junior 50)
whatevva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks good! fly it like u stole it. what kind of tail blades u have?
Inkslinginmofo77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, looks good to go! Nice work. Interesting and curious what the small fore aft head related vibes are from. Certainly not enough to worry. There are some small lateral vibes on the tail, either blades tracking slightly differently or the mechanics here are slightly off. Still, very flyable.

By the way, the Koll got its new home yesterday. Mine didn't even look that clean when it was brand new.....
Old 09-14-2014, 12:13 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkslinginmofo77 View Post
looks good! fly it like u stole it. what kind of tail blades u have?
Blades are stock Align

180 CFX, Nano Cpx, Mcpx v2, Mcpx BL, 300X W/ Savox Servos and Don's Wicked, Trex 450L Dominator W/Skookum 720BE and GPS, DX9, (Retired Schluter Scout 60 and Junior 50)
Old 09-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get you some rails. I always faought my tail until I got rails. Then vibes gone
Old 09-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Get you some rails. I always faought my tail until I got rails. Then vibes gone

I believe the smallest tail blades that Rail makes are 80+mm and the 450L needs 68mm

Old 09-14-2014, 01:47 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use these
http://www.helidirect.com/curtis-you...72-p-23741.hdx
Only 4mm longer. And Matt botos blades too. Great quality. Use these if u don't want to
Old 09-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's right!

Last edited by Inkslinginmofo77; 09-14-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Old 09-14-2014, 04:49 AM   #51 (permalink)

=] that's more like it for a machine of this size, it's much more difficult to hold tolerances the smaller the components get, I would check the head for any rocking in the mainshaft front to back, and especially the top jesus bolt? good work bro!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014, 06:02 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Use these
http://www.helidirect.com/curtis-you...72-p-23741.hdx
Only 4mm longer. And Matt botos blades too. Great quality. Use these if u don't want to
Right now, when this thing sits on the ground, the tail blades are 6mm from the ground....adding another 4mm seems like it would be an accident waiting to happen. I think, if anything, I'd use something shorter. I certainly have more tail response than I'm ever going to use.

Not to get off the subject, but since we're talking about blades, I really need to find a set of 325mm neon blades for this heli...these old eyes just can't see the disc well enough with stock blades..any ideas? This is what I've found but they're only rated for 2800RPM http://www.helidirect.com/kbdd-325mm-cf-extreme-edition-main-blade-orange-p-33884.hdx

Old 09-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

59mm radix blades. For a 450
http://www.helidirect.com/curtis-you...-59-p-9089.hdx

Curtis Youngblood flybarless blades. 90% black. As black is the most easily identifiable color when seeing something in the sky. Neon would be hard to see.
http://www.helidirect.com/curtis-you...bl-p-23723.hdx
Old 09-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
59mm radix blades. For a 450
http://www.helidirect.com/curtis-you...-59-p-9089.hdx

Curtis Youngblood flybarless blades. 90% black. As black is the most easily identifiable color when seeing something in the sky. Neon would be hard to see.
http://www.helidirect.com/curtis-you...bl-p-23723.hdx

I don't know..I have neon green on the BL and I can see that thing fantastic....we're completely surrounded by trees and black doesn't show against a tree line

Old 09-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevva View Post
I don't know..I have neon green on the BL and I can see that thing fantastic....we're completely surrounded by trees and black doesn't show against a tree line
All black are the worst visually! I tried a pair of the neon green KBDDs on my 500, and believe it or not, they didn't show up any better for me. They are also wide chord blades compared to stock, so they will rob some power and RPM from you with all else staying the same. They don't need as much RPM for the same lift, so you can decrease the RPM to get back some of the lost flight time from the extra chord drag.

Another option for you is to tape off and spray a brightly colored stripe of some sort at the same location on each blade. Just a little so it doesn't throw the balance off. This will create a very noticeable ring of color in flight. I did this with yellow against black on my scale Dauphin heli I had a few years back, creating three distinct rings of yellow along the black blades, and it was great!

Personally I find blades with some sort of white at the tips easiest to see as it also creates a contrast ring when spinning. I love the Curtis Youngblood Radix blades both because I can see them better, and they just fly great.
Here are the green ones I had from KBDD. I gave them away after three flights, and went right back to Radix

Old 09-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man Tony, you do some pretty work.

I also tried and ran the kbdd tail blades for quite a few years on my own herd of hot rodded 12s and 6s 450s a while back. Personally I can see the colored tail blades far better, but that depending on the weather and back ground. But they were much heavier and prone to vibes than their CF counterparts. For me it didn't come down to being able to as much see the tail blades, but trying to see the bloody nasty quick 450s as a whole.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Randy!

Yes, it will really depend on the weather at the time you are flying. I pulled those green blades within only a few flights because I could see my stock white Aligns or Radix better.

All I fly at this point are the Radix both main and tail because they tend to be balanced very well out of the box, and I can still see the white tips even when dipping down at the tree line which tends to mask things out.

Grey, overcast days are hard for me no matter what, as the heli just turns into a black shadow. I tend to not fly on days like that simply because I don't enjoy myself as much

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in