Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default another problem and a 540 positive

so I have been having trouble with my sk540 equipped furion 450, straight and level seems great, tail great, funnels, great, tik toks nightmare! it has been great for practicing with the tail but not exactly what I was looking for in a fbl unit, let me explain, when I pull up the tail goes left about 15 degrees or so, i correct with right tail and continue the maneuver, if I concentrated on the tail it would be making a circle as i'm doing the tik tok, as I said great practice but not ideal.
so here's what I decided to do, I know my tail setup is spot on , I had a few problems in the past but they're sorted now, so I thought i'd go over the head setup from the beginning just to check, I 90 the servos, re-leveled the swash put the head back together and was trying to get zero pitch on the main blades, first one was almost perfect, slightly uneven positive and negative but after some adjustments it was .1 degree difference +-, spot on in my book, went to adjust the other side and that's when I found the problem , it was very hard to move the blade grip, I took the head apart but nothing was wrong , put the head back together again and the last turn on the feathering shaft bolt locked up the blade grip so I backed it off a little and let the locktite setup for the night , checked it this morning and all seemed good, test flew it in a slight breeze and voila tik toks are now straight and as they should be, and there was I thinking i'd made a mistake buying the sk540 , it has been a bit of a trial getting this heli to fly right but so far(touch wood) it seems to be flying very well, finally I can get on with the tweaking,!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between a problem and a symptom. It's really nice when something strange gets figured out. Good job.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

=] it's a never ending learning curve Anthony, I would still want to know how one side goes stiff, something could be off?

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

i've had this problem before with ma, the feathering shaft is a bit tight in the bearings so it doesn't float exactly, plus the washers next to the dampers are just slightly too big , i thought that with the centrifugal force on the blades the bearings would wear in a bit and give me the required clearance, i guess the materials they used is stronger than i thought(i'm used to align products which wear in within a couple of flights)
of course i remembered all this once i found the problem, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and i'm talking about hlaf a turn on the feathering shaft bolt, i guess i'll check it again in a couple of weeks, and its flying great now, i like all the fiddling too so no biggie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in