Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini Vbar, Gaui Gov, and Futaba 6203SB

guys, do i need to hack my vbar to make the gaui gov work with this setup, or can i just use a channel off of my 6203SB?

i am sorry if this is a stupid question, but i am new to the Futaba stuff, and also new to Gaui.

if anyone has this setup, can you post up how you made everything work please? i have the instructions for the gov, but i am talking specifically about programming in the TX and the setup of the rx. Thanks in advance guys!

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes just run it gov off a channel on the receiver,
You will have to assign the channel out put on the radio, you might have to reconfigure the receiver,
Look over the receiver manual
I don't have the 6203
Old 10-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well, it wouldnt work. i mean, i got the programming to work, but my gov is screwed up. i dont have the gaui pickup, so i had to re-pin my align gov pickup sensor to be like the gaui one. when i plugged in my throttle servo, it would violently shake back and forth. i also couldnt get the pickup to sense the magnet. but that is no surprise being that the whole gov was acting the way it was. i really wish i couldnt get it to work, it is the perfect size for this machine.

i ended up just installing a good ole GV1 on her, and flying the crap out of her this morning. funny how the old GV1's keep right on keeping on isnt it....haha

Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay since there is already a thread about it maybe I can get some pointers here, I installed a Gaui governor on my new nx4, plugged it all in as it shows into my skookum 540 red but I am not getting any response.

When I power up the skookum the gaui governor light does not come on, when I rotate the engine by hand nothing is happening either. No red light no green light.

I do have the sensor signal plugged in as well, the instructions for the gaui governor says operating voltage up to 8.4 so a 2s should be fine I'm thinking.

Not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i do know this much. but i cant make mine work...or get any freaking help from anywhere, here, empire rc, allerc.....no one can help me.....

but you have to follow the wiring diagram on the instructions, plug the servo lead into the throttle port of your FBL unit (the one shown on the diagram), plug your throttle servo into the female gov lead, and then plug the signal wire into whatever port, or channel your using to send the signal to get your HS. mine came right on when i did that. i just cannot get the thing to sense a magnet, or get the programming right in the 14SG to get the endpoints right.

you control you target HS with the endpoints of the signal channel, not your curves.

but my LED came on as soon as i plugged everything in. i can make it go from red to green by messing with the input channel %....but it WILL NOT pick up a magnet like it is supposed to.

also, when i plug everything up, and plug my throttle servo it, my throttle servo shakes back and forth violently. it is not my TX, RX, or servo causing it either, bc i have made it work perfectly with a GV1. ruling out all of the equipment except the Gov...

Old 10-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya this is kind of silly I don't know whats wrong all I know is I am getting no lights on the little gaui governor device nothing at all.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

its also no good that no one that helps distribute this heli, or promote gaui, has checked the thread and offered any help.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm just gonna run throttle curves for now, then I'll probably order a sensor from Spektrum was recommended by S Millar to mount on the back plate.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

from what i have been told, the back plate sensors dont work well. this back plate in particular has the fins on it. you mush grind one of them, if not more off, to get it to work at all.

i am running curves right now. at least i was, before i broke my piston last night trying to change the fan to the metal one. it flys fine like that, but will drag a little with full cyclic, and bogs a little more in cyclic and collective maneuvers. i tried mixing in some throttle with elev and ail, but for some reason on my futaba it made the whole throttle act incorrectly in normal mode. it worked in IU1 and 2, but made it act weird in normal. cant explain it, but i couldnt leave it like it was, i had to get rid of it.....(the throttle to elev and ail mix that is)

Old 10-31-2014, 05:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was hoping someone who had run the Gaui sensor and would be able to help you guys.

I personally don't run it so I am not sure how I can help.

Have you tried moving the sensor closer or farther away from the magnet? Do you have both magnets in, one facing up and the other facing down?
Old 10-31-2014, 05:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToFly1 View Post
from what i have been told, the back plate sensors dont work well. this back plate in particular has the fins on it. you mush grind one of them, if not more off, to get it to work at all.
The back plate sensor has been working well. It is difficult to install because you need to grind two of the fins of the back plate. I wouldn't recommend it as a "better" solution to the Gaui sensor. The Gaui sensor should work.

Quote:
at least i was, before i broke my piston last night trying to change the fan to the metal one.
Be careful with these engines. Parts are going to start getting hard to find now that they are out of production.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Gaui system is puzzling me beyond explanation. At my local hobby show he plugged it into a receiver and the red light came on, we stopped there.

I brought it back home and plugged it into my skookum the red light doesn't come on. He told me to bring everything there. Really simple, I'm just trying to get the light to come indicating that its working. I know the skookum works perfectly as its driving the servos fine and I can use the machine on throttle curves. This relationship isn't going to last long, I'm not a nitro heli guy. Did nitro for years with cars and boats but it just isn't suiting the heli for me.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach#1 View Post
The Gaui system is puzzling me beyond explanation. At my local hobby show he plugged it into a receiver and the red light came on, we stopped there.

I brought it back home and plugged it into my skookum the red light doesn't come on. He told me to bring everything there. Really simple, I'm just trying to get the light to come indicating that its working. I know the skookum works perfectly as its driving the servos fine and I can use the machine on throttle curves. This relationship isn't going to last long, I'm not a nitro heli guy. Did nitro for years with cars and boats but it just isn't suiting the heli for me.
With mine I had to be sure that my channel was assigned to the port I had my plug into. That's exactly what it sounds like to me. If it worked on the Rx at the hobby shop, then it works, your missing something from the Skookum. Maybe your using a port that doesn't supply power? That is off the bus? I don't know, but that sounds close to me....sorry i can't help more....

Old 11-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Millar View Post
The back plate sensor has been working well. It is difficult to install because you need to grind two of the fins of the back plate. I wouldn't recommend it as a "better" solution to the Gaui sensor. The Gaui sensor should work.

Be careful with these engines. Parts are going to start getting hard to find now that they are out of production.
Yes, I know, it certainly was an accident.

About the sensor, I wasn't even trying to pick up a magnet in the flywheel, I was actually holding the magnet in my hand and it wasn't working. Yes, I tried both poles. I don't get it.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using an align sensor with the sk540. I just made a converter cable switching the red & black wires so I don't have to deal with the small plugs. As for the SK gov just flow the setup wizard. It works great and less mess n the heli

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk
pugdavey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have bitten the bullet and eaten my words. In an effort to simplify this Heli electronics, I have installed another ikon unit.......the ikon gov works very well......I will use Bluetooth this time though to eliminate the worry if the USB port.....

By the way. Tower hobby sucks horribly. I will NEVER order another part from them ever again. Ever. I ordered my piston last week, needed it today, my shipping label still has not updated to shipped. I card last night, and all I could get was an "I'm sorry sir". Screw that......

Old 11-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have bitten the bullet and eaten my words. In an effort to simplify this Heli electronics, I have installed another ikon unit.......the ikon gov works very well......I will use Bluetooth this time though to eliminate the worry if the USB port.....

By the way. Tower hobby sucks horribly. I will NEVER order another part from them ever again. Ever. I ordered my piston last week, needed it today, my shipping label still has not updated to shipped. I card last night, and all I could get was an "I'm sorry sir". Screw that......

Ikon is the easiest solution for this heli. The gov works great. You will be happy.

Too bad about your Tower order. I found my OS37 on RR. It was in Canada and priced great NIB. The awesome seller took it across the border and shipped USPS from WA. My post office showed it as delivered, but it was lost for two days. Then after many calls to USPS, it was delivered at night. I was losing it.
Blade 360 BL 2 Devil 380 Outrage Fusion 50 Gaui X5,NX4,X2 NX4: Savox sh1250, sh 1257, Ikon, Hatori pipe, OS 37 X5: RJX 0521HV X2:MKS DS 95l Spektrum H3020 7200bx Scorpion HSC MCP X BL NCcraig Flashed TA 915 9t.
DarkMatterBlades.com
ifly_65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes, the ikon is a great unit for this heli.

yea, usps can get you in a bind, but tower really did it for me. they told me an outright lie about when the package shipped. i almost posted the emails, but decided i had said enough.

i will never even look at their website again....lol

Old 11-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, now that my IKon is off the heli again.....

i really wish someone could talk me through this Gaui gov thing....i would love to use a vbar....

Old 11-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll ask one of my flying buddies to try his out. He uses spartan, and I'm on silverline.
So unless he sold it, I should have it within the next week for testing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in