Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I think i should make my rudder faster. Is it simply switching gyro to 3D flight mode from F3C? Because in compare to MT i have to really pull rudder stick a lot to get it moved by 90 degrees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #142 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouDy View Post
I think i should make my rudder faster. Is it simply switching gyro to 3D flight mode from F3C? Because in compare to MT i have to really pull rudder stick a lot to get it moved by 90 degrees.
GY520? That's an excellent gyro. I used it on my 450 Pro and 600N. If you're looking to increase your tail behavior and piro rate, yes change it to 3D mode.

Once in 3D mode, if the piro rate is still too slow, you can increase the endpoints on the rudder channel a little at a time until the tail is as fast as you want it to be.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I thought so so i will test it out.

I have also updated clean build thread by following new post :

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouDy View Post
I forgot to post this earlier.

Setting pitch on the blades :
Move your throttle stick to the middle position on linear pitch curve. I am used to have 0 degrees there, some people i know prefer to have some +4, +5 degrees so they (almost) hover on middle stick. Choose your own preference here.
In middle stick put the pitch gauge on one of the blades and align it with flybar.

See i have some -1 degree there (so i would actually descend), close enough to 0 degrees for me. In order to achieve your desired angle on middle stick, you need to adjust these links

If you tighten them (make them shorter), you will increase the angle towards the positive pitch (heli will ascend). If you make them longer it's the other way around.
In order to achieve my 0 pitch i had to tighten them by 7 full revolutions. You have to tighten both of them by same amount. Otherwise you will put your head out of balance.

After mid stick adjustments move your stick full up. They say you are looking for 11 degrees positive. I think some people may want more, some may want less (i wouldn't do it). This is how my high looks like now

Same procedure for low stick but it will be the opposite angle obviously

If you need to adjust (increase or decrease) the end points there are 2 ways how to do it.

Go to Swash AFR menu (basic menu on first page) and change PITC value. You don't want to change +/- sign, that will change direction of the movement (it was mentioned earlier). Default is +/- 50%. By moving the value towards zero you will decrease the overall throw of the swashplate. Similarly by moving away from zero you will increase it.
This will change overall throw. If then your high and low are not same (mine are not right now, i will change it later), then you need to change only one side of the stick. This is done in end points. So basic menu -> End Point menu. Now you want to change pitch, elevator and aileron channels. You have to move all 3 channels by same value on the endpoint otherwise your swash will not be leveled. This is pretty much trial and error, change all 3 channels by some value (say 5) up or down (as you need) and take measurement and you will see how right are you.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So my upgrade parts arrived today. Both bearing blocks are now metal and i have 140° setup as well. Can't wait to test her in the flight . No photos from this as blocks are exactly the same as plastic and swash mod too (2 extra screws).

Side notes to parts tho.

Metal bearing blocks are coming WITH bearings! So now i have set of spare bearings because i didn't know that
Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #145 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yes, the metal blocks sure are nice. And with bearings preinstalled is a bonus!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys...did you or bob use nuts on your muffler screws? The last two times i flew mine the muffler vibrated loose, leaning the engine, causing an abrupt landing....nothing was hurt. I used blue loktite both times (more for the second tightening)...maybe red loktite? A locknut? Both?
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Bikersurgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #147 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I don't use lock nuts or locktite. I just make sure they're snug prior to each first AND second flight of the day. I don't tighten while hot like a lot of guys say to do. From my wrenching experience, that just never made any sense. After a few outings, the muffler bolts don't seem to need tightening as frequently, although I still check it as I indicated. I do lots of preflight stuff, which comes from my full scale airplane piloting days.

Sent from my HTC Incredible
Old 03-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Excellent! Thanks, bobO!
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Old 03-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes i use both threadlock and nuts. So far had to tighten the muffler only once but then i had it taken off few times because i was messing with some more mechanical setups.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks, kou!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't mind much, but can you guys use my full nickname here (Koudy that is)... You see Kou doesn't mean anything, but Koudy is me. Your call i don't mind that much, just felt like i would mention it...
Old 03-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No prob, koudy. Here in these parts (sw missouri) its practically customary to split a persons name somewhere near the middle and that becomes their nickname....guess it was just a habit. I think it's cuz we are a bunch of lazy farts lol.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob O , these pics are fantastic thanks for showing in detail all the lines , other people have done similar pics but didn't quite make sense this is a great help for someone like me doing their first build.
pazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #154 (permalink)

My HF Map location

pazz,

The X50 is a nice build.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up X50 build

Hi Bob O , it's been a great build and this forum
Has been the best bar far for help , I have picked up
More today from all you guys then I have
From any other site in the past few months.
( and yes it has taken me s few month ) I have
Been working on it now and then between
Woke when I have time. Looking at those pics
I might start the servos from scratch , I have a dx8
And all of this is quite a lot to pick for a newbie.

Many Thanks for all your help and input.

Matt
pazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in