Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align 600mm Blades on a E-Smart 600

Helidirect sells the 600mm blades for the Esmart and the Trex 600. Does anyone fly with the 600mm Align Carbon Fiber blades? Thanks
cklking is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not a good idea with stock set up but doable with new main gear and 635mm boom. Pitch range should be less than +10/-10 and about 10T pinion. Headspeed should be around 1800-2100 max. Best with 550 blades, 10T pinion on 6S.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damyxz View Post
Not a good idea with stock set up but doable with new main gear and 635mm boom. Pitch range should be less than +10/-10 and about 10T pinion. Headspeed should be around 1800-2100 max. Best with 550 blades, 10T pinion on 6S.
I don't see a 635 boom for E-Smart 600 are you talking about using other heli parts from another heli? and belt
Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think he means the 632 boom, I've used 600 blades on my ES600, but only because I wanted the added stability for doing Aerial Photography. I personally will only run 600's on my Semi-Metal kit (with metal blade grips) because it has the long boom but a shorter tail blade hub/grips so the blades are further away from the tail rotor. With the Metal Tail blade hub and grips the tail rotor gets dangerously close to the main blades, IMO.
nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttcaze View Post
I think he means the 632 boom, I've used 600 blades on my ES600, but only because I wanted the added stability for doing Aerial Photography. I personally will only run 600's on my Semi-Metal kit (with metal blade grips) because it has the long boom but a shorter tail blade hub/grips so the blades are further away from the tail rotor. With the Metal Tail blade hub and grips the tail rotor gets dangerously close to the main blades, IMO.
The boom that comes on the 600 pro is 630mm CF I don't see how 2mm will make any difference? The main gear he is talking about is ? Micro Heli delrin gear?

Last edited by cklking; 07-01-2009 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: addding
Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The boom on the Semi-Metal, Metal and Carbon Fiber Editions all use the 632mm boo, (it can be 630-635mm too) the Plastic Edition and G-Smart both use the shorter 608 boom.

But I'm pretty sure Damyxz was talking about the MicroHeli main gear because there is no other upgraded main gear for the E-Smart.
nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I was just quoting a web site on the 630mm boom I have never measured it but you know the E-Smart better than I do. I believe I have the Carbon Ed. it has the CF frame and boom and the metal head and tail. I few a battery with a set of Align 600mm CF blades today less vibration and a lot steadier than the wood 550mm I have been using. 4 mins. used 1200mAh of a 5 cell 5000mAh 30c battery, motor was warm about 110 and esc was about the same. I haven't look for different pinion gears yet but I don't remember see them on HeliDirect have you orded any gears? thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry, 632mm for the aluminum boom and 635mm for the CF boom(I measured and I have to grind the CF boom because the belt was too tight. That head speed is too high for a set of 600mm's (2200 Rpm at 11.1V @ 80% efficiency within half stick throttle, 2400Rpm @ full stick throttle.) Be really careful because
you might throw a blade weight and might hit somebody or yourself. I'm suggesting that you get a smaller pinion to get a head speed of 1800 to 2000 RPM at hover.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blades

Here is my two cents boys!! I've found the Mavrikk G5 and their other CF blades they call Max. value are great blades! (550mm)Both are wide chord and pretty stiff,fly very stable. Even their Patreiot series, the stars and stripes are Great blades.. All are somewhat reasonable in price too.(50-60) Anyway give them a look. Got them at heliproz.
E-Smart CF Pro, Full Metal E Smart, Outrage 550
G-Smart. Pegusas
Fatdaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the Mavrrik 550mm wide cord carbons on my Esmart(metal ed.) they are great...
Track very well and the autos are easy with these blades... I think I got them for $55 a pair at HeliProz...very good blades for the money!

Ty
Tyree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by damyxz View Post
Sorry, 632mm for the aluminum boom and 635mm for the CF boom(I measured and I have to grind the CF boom because the belt was too tight. That head speed is too high for a set of 600mm's (2200 Rpm at 11.1V @ 80% efficiency within half stick throttle, 2400Rpm @ full stick throttle.) Be really careful because
you might throw a blade weight and might hit somebody or yourself. I'm suggesting that you get a smaller pinion to get a head speed of 1800 to 2000 RPM at hover.
Will the Align pinions fit the E-Smart motors? Thanks
Old 07-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

align pinions will not work on the E- smart. I posted a source for an 11T/10T pinion here a while back. Just be safe first. The 550 size blades works great and if you can find a set of 520 carbons, that's the ticket.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatdaddy View Post
Here is my two cents boys!! I've found the Mavrikk G5 and their other CF blades they call Max. value are great blades! (550mm)Both are wide chord and pretty stiff,fly very stable. Even their Patriot series, the stars and stripes are Great blades.. All are somewhat reasonable in price too.(50-60) Anyway give them a look. Got them at heliproz.
I got a set of the Patriots after nicking up some of the cheep 550 CF. i was not happy with them after 3 flights i caved in and spent a few extra $$ and got the Thunder tiger 550 CF all i can say is wow! she is way faster with these on go from full negative to full positive and she jumps like 500.
Just my 2 cents
traeside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
600mm blades, e-smart 600, h60155t 600d

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in