Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe a thread like this should be started on the Lynx Heli Support Forum here on HF and see what Lynx have to say. My pair is being delivered today but it's 45 def F outside so I'm not sure if to risk it or not!

I was thinking about returning it but with postage and restocking fee it's not worth it. Maybe eBay?
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know what the marketing says, but when doesn't it say that on product webpages???

In reality I knew these would be much weaker because of the way plastic works. You can't make plastic that bright/vivid w/out giving up tons of durability for it. This is why the eflite blades are so dull looking when they are "colored". It keeps them durable and 90% as affective as brighter blades I'd say.

I'm still going to give these a shot at $6 a set, a few sets will get honest review by me. However, I don't expect them to be durable as bright as they are. I wouldn't expect that of any plastic part colored this brightly. UV reactive dye/plastic is the worst. That stuff practically shatters if you breath on it.

Canopies are made out of white/clear whatever it looks like boring dull plastic w/painted/vinyle/aplique whatever graphics for a reason. I know there's a difference between ABS, PTEG, blah blah blah. I'm just saying in general the brighter the plastic is the more brittle it is.

They're also supposed to be stiffer or more rigid or something, which is going to make them more responsive if you have enough head speed. It would also make them shatter easier w/out throttle hold or on hard surfaces.

On micro' rotors just try different blades and see what happens. It really doesn't matter in the end as long as you like the way it flies. These blade reviews are always hit or miss. Try trimming them down in size, different rotor head setup, etc. Its a very minor thing swapping blades on these little heli's. If it has less pop though, then its definitely more stable... which some folks may like.

I have no idea how well those are balanced but I can see how their advertising about getting rid of "warping" issues might be true w/all those little ridges. I didn't really enjoy their spin on the rotor design. They mentioned things about their rotors that clearly aren't true, not only that but fail to have proper pictures of their product showing balance and detailed shots, and they just kinda seem to be doing their own thing on the design just to be the first colored blades to the market basically.

I have no problem w/colored blades that are worse than stock. That's a standard issue w/almost every micro heli.

Btw, their spin is basically that blades "warp" and fly differently in different conditions. They claim their blades will produce more similar results in any temperature/environment you fly in. As much as I don't like it, they do have a point. Parts that wear out instead of just breaking once they are past their useful life, and parts that behave differently depending on the day/light/wind whatever... are very quirky and annoying to fly on when you are looking for a specific pattern.

This is what I really plan to test their blades against. Their claims. Buying one set and running it one way wouldn't really tell me much.
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmeow View Post
OK, I'm running stock motor and have not gone BL yet. Do you remember what the outside temps were when you ran them? I try not to fly when it's less than 45-50 deg. F. I know those days are getting far and few in between.

I wonder if you send them back to Lynx what would they say?
It was probably around 35 degrees out that day. I use my trampoline as a takeoff/landing pad. You would think that blades striking there wouldn't hurt them, but it did. It sucks cause I really liked the look of them
Old 12-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tchilds, I'm looking forward to your review. I just got my mail and have a pair of the neon orange in my possession. Have not opened or tried them yet, just "playing" with them through the plastic packaging.

Fisrt thing I noticed is that it's quite thin and flexible, more flexible than the stock blades. I'll examine with further care later when I get a chance. I'll also check balance and report back.

35 deg F? OK, I'll stay above that!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hehe any plastic you can put in the air gets really brittle below 40F. "Its science".

Stinks you're saying they're flimsier than stock. So far their webpage doesn't seem to be an accurate representation of what ya'll are reporting
Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My set cracked with a blade strike as well. Only took one time. I fly inside as well. Still flies though, so I'm not too disappointed.
thrak76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchilds View Post
Hehe any plastic you can put in the air gets really brittle below 40F. "Its science".

Stinks you're saying they're flimsier than stock. So far their webpage doesn't seem to be an accurate representation of what ya'll are reporting
well, im no scientist, lol. Funny, the stock blades seem to hold up just fine in the cold. Must be a better plastic.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is direct from their website. I added the bold and underline.

"Our Nano CPX main blades have been designed from scratch to be the best main blade possible on this helicopter. Thanks to our expert plastics consultant, we have optimized the weight and the rigidity using an exotic polymer blend. The blades features incredible material stability that guarantees constant blade shape (no warping), even with extreme weather conditions (very hot, very cold). The result is a stiff blade giving the best helicopter performance under all conditions. When flying the Lynx Nano CPX blades on your helicopter, you will immediately see the precision of the rotor disc and the resulting accuracy and agility during flight."

Now I don't fly indoor (yet) so I'll give it a try outside where when I crash, it's TH on soft grass. I'll be really pissed if they crack!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmeow View Post
This is direct from their website. I added the bold and underline.

"Our Nano CPX main blades have been designed from scratch to be the best main blade possible on this helicopter. Thanks to our expert plastics consultant, we have optimized the weight and the rigidity using an exotic polymer blend. The blades features incredible material stability that guarantees constant blade shape (no warping), even with extreme weather conditions (very hot, very cold). The result is a stiff blade giving the best helicopter performance under all conditions. When flying the Lynx Nano CPX blades on your helicopter, you will immediately see the precision of the rotor disc and the resulting accuracy and agility during flight."

Now I don't fly indoor (yet) so I'll give it a try outside where when I crash, it's TH on soft grass. I'll be really pissed if they crack!
So it would seem their "expert plastic consultants" aren't scientist as well
On a more serious note, TH won't help much in this case, I know because I hit it before the heli tipped over. Sorry, but stock blades are still the best. We'll have to see what kbbd comes up with..
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchilds
In reality I knew these would be much weaker because of the way plastic works. You can't make plastic that bright/vivid w/out giving up tons of durability for it.
Now that, I did not know. Just goes to show you can learn something new every day! Thanks.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Battery upgrade

Hello, newbie to helis, owned an axe cp but sold it... Now flying the cpx and having a ball. The battery name is miniaviation mcx platinum BP190, 25c 190mAh upgrade made a big difference in time and speed. The battery fits in the stock holder and is longer not wider.
matovich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Major disappointment . Blade cracked midway when I crashed from 7 feet up onto carpet with TH . Had to balance them a lot before use . Total junk . 4 flights isn't kool . Stock blades worked wayyyyy better .
outlikealight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

No complaints with mine. They definitely seem more fragile than stock, but I just put my Nano into everything imaginable practicing inverted outside (trees, pavement, shed, deck, etc.) and the blades are still good as new.

So far I like them better than stock. The heli feels less top heavy and MCPX like. It's feels better balanced and more responsive.
AWDsylez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi all
friend just informe me about this interesting thread about our blade on specific for nano.
before start expalin detail of lynx blade I want say somthing about main blade on general.
main blade cannot be made to satisfy all pilot feeling expectation. best pilot can do is try different and than fly the one like the most.
we are pilot with preatty larg experince and higer skill. we made that blade that mach out feelin in performance and precision. I am sure as I say that some will prefere to other some other not but this is the blade busness.

ribs was made because our experience first and test later confirme fly better than mirror finish.
micro sized heli need very high head speed and the way they work in the heli is not the same ad larger blade.

starting from theory concept of air streem and turbolence optimisation using software simulation we come out with some design and than we try oir best to replicate it into the real blade. the result is the one you can see. parallel ribs that replicate the most effect software simulation advise.

about naca profile we use a different one compare otjer blade we use the same scaled as we use and confirme work really well in mcpx and 130x. for sure wile far different of std blade and other brand... than? I dont like follow the mass. everhthing I do any parts ant design any shape should for me and lynx different... some one must try somthing new. this is why my company name is lynx heli innovations.

about material and stability
we dont say anywere that our blade are crash resistent.
low temperature made plastic brittle for sure. 35f is really cold and I am sure that different blade will have same result. but bench test are necessary necause crash condition cannot be shientic cause the randomly impact situation.

we say that our main blade are stable and dont warp at different temp condition. just compare it with other brand blade. check geometrically dimension and fly performance at different temperature and compare with other brand. you will easy feel that our one are stable and not change in performace or in geometrically.

we use blent compound base nylon. not 100% because adictive made huge difference.

about balancing. we weight every single blade and we couple blade with most similar weight and we are working over a process that will increase the weight tollerance precision and balance.

I really hope my answer help and for more info need I invite to contact us in our forum or web site.
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your explanations, Luca!

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

100's of flights and WAY worse crashes on my STILL usable stock blades and nothing , 4 flights on lynx blades and ruined lol yeah just bad luck , capet landings are rough . Bs . Never again just for color. Least some clear tape stiks to stocker in a pinch , dang ridges won't let a guy even field fix them grrr . Never again .
outlikealight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm testing these blades out for the first time...

So far so good and I like the way they fly right now. Very precise but I am still going to do some extensive flying to be sure.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #58 (permalink)

It certainly has a nice shape. I like that. And thanks for the thoughts behind them. I always appreciate hearing about the reasoning behind things.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Muahahaha my theories of laminar air flow were correct! Golf ball dimples )

I will be giving these an honest shot as I mentioned earlier. I just feel in some aspects that BETTER blade balance is more important than anything else. Thank you for listening to our concerns and taking them into consideration. I also don't mind less crash resistant blades if they work better. Stock Eflite blades are very durable but after they have lots of cracks and warp and flex in bad ways, even though they're not shattered, they're pretty much broken too.

BALANCE THEM BETTER and they will come. KBDD's blades are always more balanced than stock, not less. They also sell their blades for a lot more $$$ too so I won't be completely unfair about it but blade balance is a pretty big issue. For the cost I can't complain if I have to take 5 minutes to balance them myself but if you can get them balanced better for the price it would be awesome.

If your system is to match up the blades as they roll off the mill that are closest in balance, some sets will be twins basically while the last pairs will be no more than brothers. Please set tighter tolerances on balancing and let us know how you've done it in the future. We want balanced blades, not "matched blades". There is a big difference there.

I'll be ordering a few sets this week to try out. I also believe in aerodynamics of micro foils actually making a big difference. I've messed around with making blades a little and its not easy. Thank you for incorporating such unique ideas and concepts that no other micro heli blade manufacturer has suggest so far. Variety is nice to have.

I appreciate your honesty and response in this thread. It is always good to hear from the people making our heli upgrades. Thank you for the honest and forward response lynx.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
100's of flights and WAY worse crashes on my STILL usable stock blades and nothing , 4 flights on lynx blades and ruined lol yeah just bad luck , capet landings are rough . Bs . Never again just for color. Least some clear tape stiks to stocker in a pinch , dang ridges won't let a guy even field fix them grrr . Never again .

Like the guy from Lynx just said, they're a performance upgrade, not a durability upgrade.
AWDsylez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in