Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Looking for a 3D machine

Hi

I'm flying for about 4 years with several small helis (Trex 250 was the biggest), but most of the time my MCPX with 3g main. I have a lot of fun with it, but it's on it's limits.
I can fly slow 3D, cyrcles, funnels normal on the back, and in every direction, can do mild piroflips, and some other stuff. But now, I like to have a little MORE power, and control.

For the moment I won't buy larger packs than 6s, so I think a 450 would be a good choice???
Also I have 3 MKS Ds92A+ and a MKS Ds95i, that would be perfect for a 450.

I have seen the Warp360, and liked it, also because of the good reviews.
Anyway I'm unshure if it's the right one for getting better in flying 3D, and having fun because of an accurate response.

Baer46
Baer46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think you can go wrong with the Warp360. It certainly meets the criteria you are looking for. As long as you have done a couple of builds (or are confident you have the skills to build one) you will be OK. It's not a difficult build at all. Pay attention to the details and ask questions here and you'll be fine. As long as you have good parts support where you are and a place to fly a heli larger than a Trex 250 then I would say go for it. Any maneuver that you can do on the Trex 250 will seem like child's play on a 360-sized heli. The servos you have on hand are perfect and there is a great group of people here that can help you with just about any question you would have with building it or setting it up. There are plenty of choices in the 360 size heli market these days. The Warp has been around a while and is still an excellent choice.

Good luck with your decision!
radu7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 03:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Building the bird should not be a Problem, because I`m a technical versed person, and here are a lot of good tips arround.
The availability of parts via online shops here in Germany is very good.
Also a lot of unofficial flying fields are arround here, so the size doesn`t matter
I`m glad that a can reuse the servos I have bought, so I can save a little money.

So there`s no other heli that matches better to me than the Warp 360?
Old 10-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The warp is the best flying heli I have !
paul nathalie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i will admit that when the warp came out i had problems with the looks and also the starting of it , it sounded like someone rattling a bag of bolts, however compass quickly fixed the minor problems and it sounded good once airborne, still never got on with the looks though so i overlooked it for a year or so, until like you i decided i needed something other than the mini protos that i was flying, one happened to come along on the forums and i decided to give one a go, i must say that i am now kicking myself for not jumping on the warp bandwagon sooner, it is quiet and powerful and will do anything that i ask of it with no hesitation at all. i am really pleased with mine and fly it everyday, it is easy to repair and that's the only issue i have with it, sometimes specific parts take a while to get into stock, my advice is to buy at least one main shaft , one main hub and one tail hub , just as a backup for when the inevitable happens , also the stock canopy posts break easily ( which is a good thing) but are also hard to find sometimes , i would buy 2 sets of those when they are available, again just so you have them . other than that mine flies superbly
Anthony
Old 10-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Baer46,

There are quite a few other choices (KDS Chase 360, T-Rex 450L, Stretch Mini Protos, ALZRC Devil or Rigid 480 (or any other stretched 450 size T-Rex style heli) and the upcoming SAB Goblin 380 for example). All of them might suit your needs, but putting myself in your position I would probably go with the Warp360 to start unless you get a deal you just can't pass-up on a different model. I own the Mini Protos (strectched and standard size) and an ALZRC Devil 480 along with a Warp. They all fly differently and all fly well, but the head design and other features of the Warp360 make it stand out and it really does fly like a much larger heli. If I were to try a different model of this size it would probably be the Chase 360, but I doubt I'll do that until I crash one of my others bad enough to need a re-kit. And if it was the Warp that went down I'd buy another right away along with the Chase... The Warp, after all of the minor first release issues were sorted out, is just a solid design and flies great.
radu7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys

Thanks for your support!!!

The part availability is ok here, for example a link to a shop:
http://www.rcheli-store.de/Compass/E...=19360&p=19360

Cause you assured me, I will go for the Warp! Think I can`t do a mistake going with it.

If I`m still happy with banging arround some peaces of plastic and alu in the next years, I will buy a larger one with 12s. I`m curious what it would be
Old 10-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just maidened my first warp and have 6 flights on, so the fbl gyro is not 100% tuned in yet, but it really flies well! I have only flown larger helis (rex 600 and a couple of goblin 700s) i have tried a rex 450 but i hated it (sold it after 10 flights), so i didnt have any real hopes for this warp, but it really suprised me in a positive way!
Its a really good heli to throw around and be "reckless" with without having to rob a bank to repair it.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

the warp is flying great.

I've also an Atom 500, but the warp is flying just like de 500.
Very tight, stable and fast, and so much fun to do some crazy flying. Very nice machine.

If i compare it with a 450 align from club-mates, i'll would definitely go for the warp.
sven75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a solid bird.
Flown it today on very heavy winds (again), all good fun. Massive overspeeds and loads of lift on power loops.
And the Warp has a massive tail hold, big tail like a 500 and strong ratio, no tail like this on the market.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations!

The Warp is a great little machine.

Although most people seem to like to set them up for lightning fast 3D, they do slow, smooth 3D very, very well (you mentioned that you do slow 3D-so do I!):

http://youtu.be/UtWdkG5TSZw?list=UUq...CRKXw7b1Ftkr3A

If you require any assistance, there are a great many of us Warp flyers here on HeliFreak to assist you!
Old 10-18-2014, 03:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx again for your recommendations and support offers

Seems it would be a mistake if I decide against the Warp
Old 10-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
Congratulations!

The Warp is a great little machine.

Although most people seem to like to set them up for lightning fast 3D, they do slow, smooth 3D very, very well (you mentioned that you do slow 3D-so do I!):

http://youtu.be/UtWdkG5TSZw?list=UUq...CRKXw7b1Ftkr3A

If you require any assistance, there are a great many of us Warp flyers here on HeliFreak to assist you!
Nice flying Ah Clem! I had to turn up the volume to hear your Warp... It is quiet indeed.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you sir!

It is very quiet.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I saw him fly his 7HV at the HF Funfly. He is a great pilot!
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2014, 11:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, but thank you anyway Maarset! The 7HV looks great even with me at the controls!

Your Warp flying was SUPERB!

By the way, I came home from the Fun Fly with a set of orange KBDD Tail Blades in my pocket. I had gotten them out for you, then did not see you again (my fault).

So I owe you a set of KBDD 61mm Tail Blades, sir!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries. I dumped it the next flight. Sloppy wiring. Then I pigeon toed it yesterday. Ate the tail blades and main blades and two servos. Worst crash so far.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am very sorry to hear that my friend!

Glad I got to see you fly and spot for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in