Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile 600-size Jet Ranger - new project

Well, a new project has started, and the fleet has grown by 1. A few weeks ago, I got a HK600-GT and assorted other bits (I'll post details later). It's been built and test flown, no issues, and now the modifications start. First was to flip the tail to the other side, as this will be a scale Jet Ranger build, and the 206 has the tail on the left. Thanks to crappy weather, I've not test flown with this arrangement yet.

The scale fuse has been ordered and is now in the UK, and finally cleared Customs (2 days from pickup in Hong Kong to arrival in UK, 6 days for Customs to decide I have to pay VAT ), so I should have it tomorrow.

This is the fuse: http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...tml?pageid=247

I got the unpainted version, as I plan to model it on the full size as pictured below. because I flew in this one a couple of years ago.

More pics and details to follow as the build progresses. I expect that eventually this will become FBL, for the full scale effect, but that will be down the road a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0733508.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	412945  
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 04-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As you may know, I'm a sucker for scale!

WRT FBL, as you know, I used the Tarot ZYX system and found it near perfect for my requirements Can't comment on what it would do for aerobatic or even 3D flying, but for getting a FBL head to work for scale flying....piece of cake.

I see HK are doing it now for silly low prices....$55 (£35)!! Why buy a gyro and then "upgrade"...go straight to FBL!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...m_Adapter.html
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yeah Luke, if you remember I asked you about the ZYX on your build thread, as I was looking at it as an option. I already had a GA250 gyro, so that is on there at the moment, and works great (maybe not for 3D either, but that's not what I'll be doing).

I was looking at a combination of ZYX controller and RJX head, both from HK.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0_50_Size.html

Also looking to fit Spin asymmetric main and tail blades, then dropping the headspeed way down for more of a scale effect. I'll change the current 13T pinion to 10T (smallest available), and if required, go to a lower KV motor as well, although I don't think that will be necessary.
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/spin...0-p-14411.html
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/spin...5-p-16062.html
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/revc...t-p-11944.html

The fuse is unpainted, and from what I can find out, there may be a bit of work building the mount for the mechanics as well, so I expect there will be plenty of time to get the FBL setup sorted before the fuse is ready for final fitment
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dropped my headspeed right down as well (TC is at 45%!!). I dropped from an 1800Kv down to a 1300Kv motor as well.

I run on 6S 2430mAh 30C-40C and they do get a bit warm with a 5 min flight time, so I think I'll up those to around 4000mAh 40C min....if I can fit them in!!

I also added longer tail blades, to combat the torque from 4 blades. Even though the scorpion tail adds length (and therefore "leverage") going from 76mm to 84mm has made a massive difference...and the raised tail gives you clearance for it.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Fuselage has just been delivered to my work address, and of course the box has been opened

First look shows it to be very nicely molded in lightweight glass cloth, outside finished in grey primer, with some nice detail.

However, it looks like I was a bit premature in switching the tail mechanism to the left side, at the fuse is molded to have the tail on the right. No doubt to ease installation, but at the expense of scale accuracy Oh Well. Apparently the 700-size version is molded symmetrically, so the buyer can decide during fitting which side the tail blades are on, but this is not the case with the 600.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in