Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #341 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brushless Nano Cpx. Post your setup and discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Mcpx length (125mm) boom works great, eliminating vibes is the #1 factor for a good tail on the nano..the lynx tail blade (and balancing it as well) seems to help too.

so it wont kick like horse like my spin 16k mcpx right? i can barely flip even with the 120sr tail without a 90 degree kick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #342 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Brushless Nano Cpx. Post your setup and discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerjay View Post
so it wont kick like horse like my spin 16k mcpx right? i can barely flip even with the 120sr tail without a 90 degree kick
If that's the case, something is wrong with your setup, the 120 tail should handle everything and anything you throw at it... It just is heavy and has some wag and stop bounce.

You sure it's not vibe related? Tail blade on backwards?

This is the 120 tail, rrc65mm prop, with the most powerful main motor you can buy for an mcpx, 7400+ rpm....
TA915 XP-12A BLHeli Governed 120SR tail (2 min 1 sec)
Old 02-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #343 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If that's the case, something is wrong with your setup, the 120 tail should handle everything and anything you throw at it... It just is heavy and has some wag and stop bounce.

You sure it's not vibe related? Tail blade on backwards?

This is the 120 tail, rrc65mm prop, with the most powerful main motor you can buy for an mcpx, 7400+ rpm.... TA915 XP-12A BLHeli Governed 120SR tail - YouTube

Its the prop...i need to get the plantraco one u sell cause stock prop is horrible....i just havent got around to buying new batts or the prop (id rather wait and combine for shipping then pay $6 or more for a single prop
Old 02-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #344 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Its the prop...i need to get the plantraco one u sell cause stock prop is horrible....i just havent got around to buying new batts or the prop (id rather wait and combine for shipping then pay $6 or more for a single prop
Which batteries? I don't think any place sells both the props and the right size batts for your setup

2 black props would be $6.30 shipped.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #345 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Which batteries? I don't think any place sells both the props and the right size batts for your setup

2 black props would be $6.30 shipped.

I meant when i decide to buy the nano wild setup id just add it on and get batts from HK since im not too worried about performance since i get plenty more power than i need on 250mah hyperions

$6.30 shipped??? Last time i tried it was $2.50 for prop and $4 for shipping one
Old 02-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #346 (permalink)
Registered Users

Props have always been $2 for black, $2.50 for colors, and shipping has been at $2.30 for them for over a year, since the last USPS price increase. If you had something in the order that had to be shipped in a sturdy box, shipping is $3.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #347 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, moving up to 500 or 600mah batts will really wake that motor up, and give you better CG and flight time.

If your dead set on stock mcpx size batts and connectors, I do have a few oversky 300mah 45c batts if you want to try them out. They smoke the hyperion 250s.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #348 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Props have always been $2 for black, $2.50 for colors, and shipping has been at $2.30 for them for over a year, since the last USPS price increase. If you had something in the order that had to be shipped in a sturdy box, shipping is $3.
Yep. Dylan is extremely fair with shipping costs. There are some other businesses that aren't so kind. E-bay sellers are the worst! :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #349 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Also, moving up to 500 or 600mah batts will really wake that motor up, and give you better CG and flight time.

If your dead set on stock mcpx size batts and connectors, I do have a few oversky 300mah 45c batts if you want to try them out. They smoke the hyperion 250s.

Thats what i meant im going to 600 but its fine on small batts and even HK cant make it worse
Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #350 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hey guys this might have been asked but if i get a wild bl main kit and i want to do hard 3d will the stock mcpx tail fit the bill fine or will it constantly blowout and need a bl tail...i want to trade my mcpx bl for a dbl bl nano but every1 seems to think the nano converted is all of the sudden worth 6x the cost of a stock nano so i might just sell my mcpx's and buy a bl kit from Dylan but id like to spend the least possible
I have a bl nano with a similar "wild kit" setup, but I use the mini cp 7mm tail with it's new tail rotor (48mm one) at nano stock boom length. And it's a great flyer, and tail never blows out. The mini cp 7mm brushed tail + rotor comes out to like $9. On the xp-3a esc for the hp03 bl main, I use blheli in arm gov mode and set a v throttle curve. (35C, 300mah oversky lipos).

I have done a dbl nano as well see my earlier post in this thread:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=247

But after sometime, I kind like the bl nano with the 7mm tail better since it's much more durable and easier to maintain.
soonglim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #351 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the best way to balance it? on my stock nano the prop is way off but i haven't found a way of fixing it sine i haven't been too worried since no problems so far but on a bl one it would prob. matter a little more....dynamic balance only option?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #352 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Balance

Spectral Analysis sounds fancy but it is easy. Get an old earbud and use Aduacity (freeware from Sourceforge). It is way lower-tech than Blheli.

see post at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1996241

I make short, 3 or 4 second recordings.

And I sometimes start at low RPM if I suspect a large imbalance. One of my tails (Trex 250) shook itself apart in 15 seconds at full throttle. Then I put in some more new bearings and tried it at lower RPM.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #353 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default miniCP motor or mcpx boom?

hi Soonglim,
I have the factory BL, and am currently rethinking my tail-strategy.

Do you think
a) that the mini cp motor/rotor will be too much for the factory BL, or for the mild version?
b) for any BL, did you compare your miniCP setup to normal motor, but with extended tailboom?
c) so, if you can, would you, for factory BL, suggest stock tail motor with extended (mcpx dfault) boom, or nano default boom with miniCP motor&rotor?

thanks a lot
J

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonglim View Post
I have a bl nano with a similar "wild kit" setup, but I use the mini cp 7mm tail with it's new tail rotor (48mm one) at nano stock boom length. And it's a great flyer, and tail never blows out. The mini cp 7mm brushed tail + rotor comes out to like $9. On the xp-3a esc for the hp03 bl main, I use blheli in arm gov mode and set a v throttle curve. (35C, 300mah oversky lipos).

Last edited by FreakyHeli; 02-26-2014 at 02:47 PM..
FreakyHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 01:30 AM   #354 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyHeli View Post
hi Soonglim,
I have the factory BL, and am currently rethinking my tail-strategy.

Do you think
a) that the mini cp motor/rotor will be too much for the factory BL, or for the mild version?
b) for any BL, did you compare your miniCP setup to normal motor, but with extended tailboom?
c) so, if you can, would you, for factory BL, suggest stock tail motor with extended (mcpx dfault) boom, or nano default boom with miniCP motor&rotor?

thanks a lot
J
I'm not sure I understand what the "factory" BL is, so I'll assume it's stock brushed main and I'll try to answer the tail strategy part.

The mini cp 7mm tail (got it here: http://www.helipal.com/hm-mini-cp-z-...motor-set.html) does work with stock nano main motor, and provides a better tail hold than the stock tail. But you do want a BL main due to bogging of the stock main brushed motor on harder flips, tic-tocs, etc. Besides, the stock main motor degrades rapidly in performance after some number of flights, while a BL main keeps up with its original new performance.

I of course have not tried it on the "mild" BL version from Astroid-Design, but should work fine as it works perfectly for the Oversky HP03SE 16600KV brushless main motor I used (the only difference between this and the Astroid-Design "wild" BL motor is the mount I think).

I didn't extend the tail boom when using it with stock main or with the "wild" like hp03 bl main, it's almost a drop in. If you notice though, you do need to use a tail motor mount that fits the 7mm one - I use the one that came with the mini cp 7mm motor. But since the mini cp use a 2mm square boom while the nano cpx uses a 2mm round boom, I use a M1x2mm screw on the tail motor mount to keep it from turning on the round boom. I'm sure you can get a 7mm mount from Microheli or Rakonheli they made for the mCPx mods as well - but they do cost more.

In terms of extending the boom or not, my preference is to not if it already can provide the tail hold. Extending throws off the COG more - the 7mm tail motor is only slightly heavier than the 6mm stock one (forget, but maybe 1g at most). Extending the boom by 15 to 20mm even with stock 6mm tail motor likely throws off COG more, and you'll have to compensate somehow by pushing the battery more forward or add weight to the front to balance it out better. And I do like to keep my nano a nano size instead of making it a mCPx size.

Hope that help.
soonglim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #355 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi soonglim,
Oh I'm very sorry, I meant the Blade NanoCPX Brushless upgrade, I should have made that clearer.

But anyhow, you still answered what I was asking, thanks a lot for the hints

I'm now counting every gramm on my nano, well mainly because I already got quite a weight on it.
-undestructable airtime skids
-undestructable 911 canopy
-and a epoxy-hardened tail boom (nano stock), which seemingly never breaks.
- Lynx Swash
This (incl Brushless installment) goes to 30.3 gramms, w/o lipo ...

I don't know, ~1g for other tail motor or, I don't know what a longer tail boom might weight, maybe 0.5 gramm max?

So to understand you correct, you don't use the square boom, just motor, it's mount, and rotor from the miniCP.

Maybe we find someone here who compared extened boom vs other (brushed) motor.
COG I can live with, because my heli is quite front-heavy with 200mah, BL, and the canopy.

thanks again, I will think about that installment.
J
FreakyHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #356 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys I am going with the double brushless setup on my nano cause the HH was not strong enough for me this is what I am going with OverSky HP03SE 16600KV for Main OverSky HP02T 12000KV for tail 1.2mm Pinion gear 0.3M 7T DP-3A brushless ESC. I was also thinking about going with the Long Solid MCPX Boom from HH, Lynx 42 tail. I have the oversky 200 mah 35c batteries. It already has the Xtream DFC head on it with the bigger feathering shaft, MH Swash. Do you think this will be a good setup? Also can you guy give me some good setting for the transmitter for indoor and outside flight? Thanks for all the help.
motp4tj1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #357 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motp4tj1 View Post
Hey guys I am going with the double brushless setup on my nano cause the HH was not strong enough for me this is what I am going with OverSky HP03SE 16600KV for Main OverSky HP02T 12000KV for tail 1.2mm Pinion gear 0.3M 7T DP-3A brushless ESC. I was also thinking about going with the Long Solid MCPX Boom from HH, Lynx 42 tail. I have the oversky 200 mah 35c batteries. It already has the Xtream DFC head on it with the bigger feathering shaft, MH Swash. Do you think this will be a good setup? Also can you guy give me some good setting for the transmitter for indoor and outside flight? Thanks for all the help.

Sounds good to me, but you will need these http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...il-rotor-blade the 42mm just wont hold so well. I tried and tried as I prefer the look.

Also for the dbl bl setup you will need bigger batteries. The intellect 240 or hyperion 240 or 250 are perfect.

If you want to stick to the oversky 200 then just use the 16600 for the main and use a stock or 7mm upgraded brushed tail motor, it holds fine and this way the set up can be very lite and mine flies like an angry wasp on red bull tail holds just fine too

I do have a dbl bl but it does need the bigger bats and they are twice the weight really at about 7g it flies well and holds great but you can feel the extra weight. A nano is what it says a nano! best to keep it light...
Old 03-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #358 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also the xp3a or mx3a are much better choices over the dp3a, the dp3a has inferior fets and doesn't make as much power to the motors.

The lynx 47mm tail blade for the BL works great for many on the 12000 kv hp02t
Old 03-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #359 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you feel I will need the bigger 240 250 batteries on the double brushless? I have a lot of the 200 mah batteries overskys and if I can with the double brushless setup I would rather not buy more batteries. Thanks for the help
motp4tj1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #360 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motp4tj1 View Post
Do you feel I will need the bigger 240 250 batteries on the double brushless? I have a lot of the 200 mah batteries overskys and if I can with the double brushless setup I would rather not buy more batteries. Thanks for the help
For the wild motor, bigger batteries are better.

If you want a really noticeable increase in power over the HH kit, but want to keep the smaller batteries with decent flight time and indoor flight capability, the V2 mild kit I am about to release is perfect.

The wild is more for outdoors, you can tone it down with TX settings for indoors, but the tail is not so happy in 3d flight when you run a governed head speed under the sweet spot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in