Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #161 (permalink)
EspritModel.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedRaptor77 View Post
I hope someone gold plates something on their transmitter. I love making fun of people.
Ohhh yup, it's coming. Something to do with old Graupner "gold editions".

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdane View Post
Long sticks, such as on the DS-16, aren't conducive to expo. You might want to try reducing it.
I got used to it...

It was the full stick travel on the collective that I had to re-learn.

Essentially, when you use the full travel available, a little movement goes only a little way

Which would explain why the heli was shooting stratospherically upwards in a banked turn - I had to learn to use more stick movement to get the same amount of collective correction that I would have got with a reduced-travel stick.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm going back and forth on the pinch and thumbs thing. Today I was flying with thumbs and it felt very natural. Then I went back to pinching and was all messed up.

I'm going to think about this a while longer.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
I'm going back and forth on the pinch and thumbs thing. Today I was flying with thumbs and it felt very natural. Then I went back to pinching and was all messed up.

I'm going to think about this a while longer.
I have tried going from thumbs to pinch on the SIM just to see and it was terrible to make the adjustment. I think once you're comfortable with either one, its almost impossible to switch if you've been at it for a while. I see no advantage in pinching over thumbing... heck, the 3d king (Tareq) is a thumber!
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
I have tried going from thumbs to pinch on the SIM just to see and it was terrible to make the adjustment. I think once you're comfortable with either one, its almost impossible to switch if you've been at it for a while. I see no advantage in pinching over thumbing... heck, the 3d king (Tareq) is a thumber!
I have been a pinch flyer for the last two years.
The fact that thumbing felt so natural on this TX is something I find very interesting and makes me think that I might be able to switch over.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The fact that thumbing felt so natural on this TX is something I find very interesting and makes me think that I might be able to switch over.
Good luck with that! I have yet to meet anyone that has been successful at making the transition. My buddy flies a "hybrid" approach... left stick is thumbs, right stick is "sort of pinch" where the index is in front of the stick and the thumb on top. Go figure!
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Mark,

Don't over think it. Don't rush it...

Just enjoy the experimentation, and see what you end up preferring.

Me I thumb, but only because I've no choice - I can't for the life of me learn to pinch.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
Good luck with that! I have yet to meet anyone that has been successful at making the transition. My buddy flies a "hybrid" approach... left stick is thumbs, right stick is "sort of pinch" where the index is in front of the stick and the thumb on top. Go figure!
I occasionally try both. However I do prefer pinching.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

The one thing that bothers me about thumbing (beside the fact that I stink at it) is that you have to hold the Tx balance. I find it awkward in 3D move, I like to have my hands free to move around anyway I like, not to be bound to the Tx

I can't actually understand logically how people can be so precise with thumb only, pinching seems to be better for fine adjustments. But guess logic doesn't apply there

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in