Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 10% 15% 30%

I will be getting my new O.S. .37 SZ-H on wensday. Before i go out and get the wrong kind of fuel i need some help please. This is my forst glow engine so i don't know that much about them, and i see different grades of heli fuel. 10%, 15%, and 30%. What should i start out with for the break-in process, 10% and then switch to 30%. Or just stay with the 10%? I stopped at a local hobbieTown and they have cool power 10% and 30%. I think the 10% is green and the other is red. Is cool power (i think that is the name) ok to use. Thanks for all the help.
shogun413 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cool Power 30% heli is arguably the best heli fuel available. I don’t fly these small machines but my friends 37 is running very well on CP 30%.
Russ McC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

PS it’s better to break in on the fuel your going to be using, this is not an absolute must but it is best.
Russ McC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah Russ is right. About any name brand fuel will work fine. I reccomend CoolPower 30%. Will give the little 37 some GRUNT and will run just fine with plenty of smoke and oil to keep the motor property lubricated. Just dont ever run it too lean. :mrgreen:
ChrisLaFollette is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've run Wildcat 15 and 30, and am now running Magnum 30. All worked great, but I am still partial to Wildcat 30..... but my supplier closed and my only source only has Magnum.
Hotshot Charlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2005, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. It looks like i am going to go with the 30% for the break-in and normal runs. Once i get the engine i hope there will be a step by step for the break-in process or i will be back asking more questions. You guys are the best.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well, I went to the hobby shop to get the last remaining parts i needed. While i was there, he told me i would need a throttle lever because the one that comes with the o.s. will not work. So i picked one of those up as well, only to find out that it will not fit (too big) and he doesn't have anything else for me. The one that came on the o.s. looks like a straight servo horn with 2 holes on each side. It looks like if i cut one end off of it it will clear the frame and work. I do not know how to post pictures to show you what i mean. Do i really need the new throttle lever?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

I dont fully understand what you mean but from what I read he said you needed a new lever and it wont fit and u can make the stock one fit. Do it cut it. Mines cut on my motor. I didnt use push pull on mine. Just make suere you set it up right: 50% travel, servo arm is 90° to the rod, carb is 50% open and the arm on the carb thingey is 90° to the rod also. Hope you understand that.
ChrisLaFollette is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2005, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

I cheated and found an aluminum tube with a 1.5 mm inside diameter, cut it off at 13 mm and using flat washers at each end of the tube, bolted it to the arm with a hollow ball link at the bolt head end. Now I have an extended ball link mounted to the throttle arm, and it works great.
I CA'ed the bolt to the arm, and after it dried I put a locknut on to help keep it there for awhile.
On my third gallon and it hasn't come off
WayneBrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2005, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

sounds good to me!! I will try cutting it on Sunday, have to work all weekend till 6 pm. I'll let you know what i come up with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in