Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logictec 2100 gyro (Hitec 5000)

How many here are using this gyro on your 450?

I have two 450s, one w/401 and one w/2100.

401 w/9650
2100 w/9257

chinese weight mod on both.

For now, the 401 set up is a little better. I'm not sure how it's better but it feels more precise.

I recently discovered the rotation rate on the 2100 is the same as delay on the 401, which I use no/zero delay on the 401. Guess I should of read a little bit more. doh.

I had it set at 9 and it was sluggish, set it at 2 and it's much more crisp, may try it with as little as I can possibly set it.

Opinions?

Your settings/set up?
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the 2100/3100 combo and I love it
I'm not sure what you mean as delay?
ED the HEAD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The 401 has a pot you can adjust, "delay" as in servo delay.

The rotate rate = the same thing. The lower the value the less delay, I run the 401 with no delay and have had problems when delay is introduced.

Make sense?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the same combo on my tail...

I'm running it as standard digital servo, rotate rate is maxed out(no delay)....my servo arm is out at 8.25 mm on the horn... gain is at 80 on radio(6th LED)...3075 headspeed with the new align tail blades.

Slight bounce at the end of a left piro stop....never lost the tail to a blow out
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running the 2100 +3100 combo as well, it's performing very well, even in my sloppy fast backwards flight practice . I'd easily buy it again!

Marvin
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

air j: Do you mean all the lights are lit? If so, doesn't that mean you're running max delay? Im confused.......

The smaller the number the less delay?

Or

The smaller the number the more delay? ie. 1 - 8

I went from 7th light lit up to #2 light lit up and it stops much faster, piro rate seems the same but it stops much faster and crisp.

It didn't feel locked in before, it does now.

My gain in HH is 56% using DX7.

I've found that the better your tail is set up the less gain you need, and of course that number is a variable with each gyro. Meaning, if your gain % is high it doesn't mean your set up is wrong.

Set up in rate mode is very important and smooth operation helps as well as having a tail with very little play.

Mine have very little play, almost none.

I've had a couple tail set ups that were worn out and very sloppy loose and it was hard to get the tail to hold and not wag.

Last edited by Lota Fun R; 03-19-2009 at 03:39 AM.. Reason: Corrections
Lota Fun R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On my version it doesn't light them all...it lights up one LED....they are from 1-8....1 being the slowest piro rate....8 being the highest piro rate.....I've got mine on the 8th LED(the one all the way to the right) which is the equivalent to zero gain. This gives me the hardest stop and a little bounce with nose left piro stops(bounce doesn't bother me at all).

This gyro generally runs a higher gain value than others....but still your tail setup and headspeed will have you running a higher or lower value accordingly like you said. Radio gain doesn't mean anything really...different radios will have different numbers....but these gyros have those nice little LED's to tell you what it is doing!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

aj: check out this link. It's PDF or I would of cut and pasted it.

http://www.e-flex.fr/logictech/LTG2100_US.pdf

Check out step 5. Rotate rate. Rotate rate means, response time from the gyro to servo, if I'm reading it correctly.

And also says Rotate rate is the same as Delay on other gyros.

My 401 uses no delay and when using delay on the 401 there are problems.

Mine was sluggish set at 7 ( not 9, aj is right, there are only 8 lights/positions and it only lights up one light depending on where you have it set ) after setting it at 2 the sluggish response went away and flys more locked in. When I say sluggish, I mean the tail took some time to stop rotating, so it would let the tail drift out when making a J turn/stall turn. It took a while to stop drifting, now, after setting it at 2 it responds faster.

I don't know if mine is backwards or what, but it seems to agree with the PDF manual I linked to.

I know what I did worked the way I wanted it to.

If I understand it correctly: Rotate rate = servo delay. Which will make it sluggish if you have a 401.

Rotate rate does not equal piro rate.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Originally I had the 3100g on the tail but it burned out because the pitch slider got stuck.

The 3100 is faster than the 9257 but half the torque. .07 vs .08 aprox 13.5 tq vs 27 tq. both on 4.8v. I think the frame rates might be different though.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

This interpretation of the rotation rate setting seems to contradict the user manuals for both the Logictech 2100t and the Hitec HG5000 (which is essentially the same product). Both manuals say that the first LED gives the slowest rotation rate, while the eighth gives the highest rotation rate.

Can anyone confirm this from experience?
alanu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

what I've seen is that when the rotation rate left led is lit the servo moves slowly, when the right led is lit it moves very fast!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the manual it says that led 1 is the slowest and led 8 is the quickest....led 1 is the default....

In the e-flex write up it says 2-3 for most servos....it doesn't really say which way is faster or slower. It also doesn't say how fast 'most' servos are.

And they don't really say how fast a fast servo is...or how slow a slow servo is.

I've always treated this rotate rate as the delay...rotate rate being the rotate rate of the servo. I have mine at 8(LED all the way to the right) and it is crisper and it has a bounce....but I don't care that much about the bounce.

They need to get on the USB link wagon....punch in the numbers on a computer and then fly!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

how do you want them to put a connector for the USB link? that thing is so small! ... yeah through the plug that goes to the receiver! Infrared like Scorpion ESC's or bluetooth would be even better, one could change the settings in flight!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't care how they do it...just that they should have it more robust like the other companies that do a USB setup!

All this talk of rotate rate had me going through my gyro setup again! Thanks a lot guys! Anyway....after reading what the e-flex page had to say I thought I'd give it a go with a lower rotate rate. I put it on 1..then 2...then 3...then 4.....

With my rotate rate at the 2nd LED I had my gain cranked all the way up in my radio...100% and on the gyro the gain showed the 8th LED! The bounce seems much improved(indoor flight only at this time)....much better overall from what I can see!

Tail has less kick out now too....I think the gyro tape is probably the reason for any residual bounce I'm seeing at this point(using futaba gyro mounting tape).

Thanks for motivating me Lota Fun R!!! By the way are you running the servo at 6 volts or step down?...I'm running 5 volts out of the ESC
Old 03-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

To address the issue of which way there is more or less delay I would say that LED 1 was the most delay(slow rotate rate)...and LED 8 has the least delay(fast rotate rate).... It could be that the gyro was built with the hopes of even faster servos available than what they pair it with...in that case you can reduce the 'delay' even further and have an even more locked in tail....

Since the default is LED 1 and the 3100 combo has a speed of .07 ...and the 6100 is 0.05....and that the e-flex write up says use LED 2-3...I figure my 9257 on 5 volts is in that same sort of range. It sure does seem like its working!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear of some improvements and that I could help in any way.

The manual I linked to says they are the exclusive distributor for France and Monaco.

They have a contact support email address.

Maybe a couple of us send out an email and see if we can get a clear definition of what that feature does.

BTW, I said I had it set on 2 and I actually have it set on 4. Ooops.

For me, with the 9257 stepped down to 5v, (heli on 6v) set at 4th light/position, it's working pretty good, may have to lower it even more.

I changed it from 7 to 4 and did not change the gain in the DX7, 58 HH, 36 rate. I don't fly in rate mode, only to set up gyro.

I'll check some other settings on Saturday when I get a chance to go out flying again. I do some testing at my house but this would be better suited to test at a large field.

These 450s are capable of flying big if you have the skill. I love doing big loops with my 450s and big sky flying.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hopefully I'll be able to get out and fly tomorrow....and I should be getting my scorpion motor tomorrow too...placed an order at the LHS for the -8.....a little voice in the back of my head says get the -6 if they have it!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

The -6 eats batteries but is very impressive, best on 4S. Yikes...

I have a V1 -8 and a V2 -8 and they both rock with a good battery.

From best to worst:

TP 2250 30C AWESOME!
Outrage 2200 30C Close to the TP but not quite.
X2 FP 2170 25C Low on power but they're old. over 100 cycles
X2 Zippy 25C 2100. A little better than the old FP packs.
X2 Rhino 30C 2250 30-40C

I'll know when they show up.

https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...0C_Lipoly_Pack
Old 03-20-2009, 04:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would not give too much credit to eigther to the french or to the english version of the 2100 manual that can be found on e-flex.com as the US version says rotate rate led 2 or 3 lit and the french one says 4 or 5!!!
mine is at 7 or 8 gain is at 70% and tail is rock solid, no bounce at all!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED the HEAD View Post
I would not give too much credit to eigther to the french or to the english version of the 2100 manual that can be found on e-flex.com as the US version says rotate rate led 2 or 3 lit and the french one says 4 or 5!!!
mine is at 7 or 8 gain is at 70% and tail is rock solid, no bounce at all!
How far out on the servo are you? What is your headspeed and what tail blades?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in