Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thunder Power 610c Beginner Help

I just purchased a 610c and successfully charged a battery for the first time. I still doubt myself and think I did something wrong. It is set on 3s 1.15a and discharge .25a. I have it set to 95% charge. I am charging a 3s lipo, 25c, 2170mah. Should the 1.15a on the charger match the battery pack?

Please help with recommended settings for my lipo. Thanks!
mjm0505 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would wait till someone else gives some advice but I am using the 610c.
At first I was charging my 3S Packs at 1A, but after reading I discovered it was fine to charge them at 3A. This is how I have been charging my 4 packs for months. They are 3S 20C 2100mah and my packs are just fine.

They charge in about 45min.

I charge my smaller batteries for my CX2 at 1A.

Hope this helps. Im still fairly new to this hobby but Im sure someone else can chime in here with the math.
jfrock25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I will most likely experiment with a less expensive lipo I have and see how that goes. Maybe someone else will reply with a definite answer.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I charge all my batterys at the MAH rate. 2100 Battery charges at 2.1A

4900 Bat charges at 4.9A

I read somewhere that is the safest way to do it.....

povern

VControl, Neo, Hobbywing, Goblin 570(s)
povern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks povern, that is what i am trying right now with my least favorite lipo. i think that is the best...
Old 10-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright, here is another question. I am using a 12v DC power supply for my Thunder Power 610c. The 12v supply is a motorola branded supply that outputs 3.5A. I had a local computer store splice the output cable and solder it so I can clip my alligator from the 610c to it. The max I charge at is 2.1A. If I am only charging at 2.1 and my DC supply is rated for 3.5, the 610c will only draw 2.1A from the motorola supply......right? I know that this charger can charge at a higher capacity, but I'm hoping it wont try to draw at the higher rate and then only use what it needs; otherwise, it could over heat my motorola supply. I may just have to monitor it with my Fluke meter...
Old 10-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You need to calculate the draw in Watts ... not Amps ...

While charging at 2.1 A, check the input voltage ....

Take the battery voltage (12.6V) x the charge current (2.1A) = Output power = 26.5 Watts

Let's assume 85% efficiency, so the power input would be about 32 Watts.

Your power supply should provide 12V x 3.5 Amps = 42 Amps ... so you're good to go.

You should not have any problem with charging your lipos (if they are decent quality with matched cells) at 2C (4.2 Amps) if you select 95% charge. For that you will need a stronger power supply.

This is what I use on the road: Chargery 14V 16A power supply: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...y_for_Chargers

Make sure you tape the aligator clips on the input side of your charger to avoid a short.

If you search this forum you should be able to find the TP-610C Quick Start guide I wrote some time ago.
marchambault is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in