Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we reorganize the KDS forum?
No, I like it just how it is. 6 8.82%
No, if it aint broke don't fix it. Stop trying to make waves. 0 0%
No, I don't really care for it, but I don't want to see it change for XXX reason. 0 0%
Yes, with full forums like the Goblin guys 8 11.76%
Yes, with sub-forums like Blade, Compass and Gaui guys 49 72.06%
Yes, with a whole different format that I will propose in the thread 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Way to step up to the plate Xray! Will is probably super slammed with this forum deal. He needs some help
_Kyle_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Airetic

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
Way to step up to the plate Xray! Will is probably super slammed with this forum deal. He needs some help
I'm sure Will is quite busy, especially with the HF funfly coming up.

I also know that there is likely already a mod for the KDS forum (apologies that I don't know who it happens to be) so, I hope I am not stepping on anyones toes by offering to help. I just know its a task that is tedious and nobody really wants to jump on that grenade. (except maybe my dumb ass,lol)

I'm just trying to give back a little when I can. Plus I sort of feel like if I was going to be the one to bring it up and "campaign for change", that I should at least offer to do the work.

Last edited by KiloXray; 09-10-2014 at 04:18 PM..
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like mentioned before it will be really active for maybe the first month of chase release ,then the tumble weeds will start blowing in .I think most of you just want to see a sub form for the chase, that would make more sense since kds averages maybe 6-12 viewers on a good day before this heli was even around .so if anything fight for chase sub form
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd agree that separate models should have their own sub-forums, but the level of traffic here doesn't really warrant it. But on the flip side, there are less threads to move, so it wouldn't be a huge task.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 01:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think everything should be cleaned up and have a main forum for the BRAND and then sub forums for heli types. Even having the main 150-800 class forums is stupid. Its all about align stuff so why not set those up the same way. OH well. Im not running it.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dusty the reason will has the 150 to 800 forums is because align threatened to sue him because all of the clone align products were being discussed in them so he just removed the align brand from the title
JLH_1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Airetic

The numbers here look pretty good! And the KDS forum is starting to look like a Chase 360 forum!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too would have liked to see sub forums under the KDS main forum. To much information gets lost with it all mixed together. Searching for information is very inefficient with searches turning up lots of information for the wrong heli

Oh well...
Old 09-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Spoke with Will about making KDS sub-forums. Stay tuned fellas
rovpilot26 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovpilot26 View Post
Spoke with Will about making KDS sub-forums. Stay tuned fellas
SWEEEEEET! Thanks RP!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
SWEEEEEET! Thanks RP!
No worries
Old 09-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shape the forum up by sizes, not models here. There are simply just too many. Or? Simply do each branded models as a mix? The low traffic almost doesn't warrant setting it up like the Eflite sections.

My take is to Include the smaller 450 class as its own however. It will remain the most popular class here with the Chase until Glen comes out with his new 700 class design later. (Yeah, it is in the works) That will most certainly perk up the larger heli traffic here.

All the mid sizes in their own section branded names mixed. With the low traffic here, guys will still be able to find what they need using the search protocol.

Put the 6/700 mixed version's class into its own place much like the Sab forum. I am a member there and it works out just fine that way. Reason Sab have their own laid out that way? Prob due to the insane amount of posts in each category. Sab has become the most popular heli on the planet this last year. Pages fill up in days alone. Not months there. Ever been to any of the recent heli meets? Three years ago no one had ever seen a Sab at any meet I went to except mine. Guys huddled around and gawked. Last meet I hit this summer virtually 9 out of 10 larger helis there were Sab's. It was just crazy.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Shape the forum up by sizes, not models here. There are simply just too many. Or? Simply do each branded models as a mix? The low traffic almost doesn't warrant setting it up like the Eflite sections.
Agreed. Or at least have sub forums for the most popular models and maybe just one sub-forum for the older FB helis or discontinued products.

There are only 18 pages of threads in the KDS section... It's not like there is a whole lot that needs to be waded through, so to speak.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #34 (permalink)
The Airetic

Thanks Will and RovPilot for setting up the sub forums! Much appreciated!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #35 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Ok what do you think. I broke it down like this because from what I have heard the Innova line is becoming a legacy line due to the new Agile. Let me know what you think. I am not completely sure, if you guys want the Innova's broken out, I can do it but probably not today. I did the best I could on finding and moving threads. I have a dentist appointment today and I also have to pick up my son from school as my wife is on work travel this week.

There is no KDS moderator only the HF Support guys and me. I am the only one who can create forums and sub forums.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #36 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post

My take is to Include the smaller 450 class as its own however. It will remain the most popular class here with the Chase until Glen comes out with his new 700 class design later. (Yeah, it is in the works) That will most certainly perk up the larger heli traffic here.

All the mid sizes in their own section branded names mixed. With the low traffic here, guys will still be able to find what they need using the search protocol.

Put the 6/700 mixed version's class into its own place much like the Sab forum. I am a member there and it works out just fine that way. Reason Sab have their own laid out that way? Prob due to the insane amount of posts in each category. Sab has become the most popular heli on the planet this last year. Pages fill up in days alone. Not months there. Ever been to any of the recent heli meets? Three years ago no one had ever seen a Sab at any meet I went to except mine. Guys huddled around and gawked. Last meet I hit this summer virtually 9 out of 10 larger helis there were Sab's. It was just crazy.
Yes the Goblins are popular. There were so many at IRCHA this year it was incredible. The KDS line is getting more popular, a lot of their guys stayed in the FREAK ZONE and they look to fly pretty damn well and seem pretty solid. I setup the SAB forums like that in the beginning, if you think they need broken down more, please PM me with your ideas. Thank you.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #37 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Will,

Since I also am flying an Agile 7.2 I will keep an eye on the KDS forums as well. If the guys need anything on the forum they can shoot me a PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #38 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovpilot26 View Post
Will,

Since I also am flying an Agile 7.2 I will keep an eye on the KDS forums as well. If the guys need anything on the forum they can shoot me a PM.
Thank you and BTW, ROVPilot helped me figure out the best way to break them out.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
The Airetic

Looks great gentlemen!

As for the SAB forum, The only thing that is weird to me is that there is no "General SAB" area. In the Blade, Gaui, Compass, and now KDS forums, there is the main area, and then the model sub forums are in there as well.

I personally think having a main area is very important, for a couple of reasons.

1) It gives people a place to talk about brand specific topics without "hiding" them in one of the model forums, effectively leaving out the guys who might only look at "their model's" forum. An example is my Goblin 430 thread that I put in the main Forum. I had no SAB specific place to put that, so it ended up in a completely unrelated place. I think it would have been a much more popular thread had it been in a general Goblin lover's location.

2) It gives the team guys or prospective buyers a place to talk across models. Some topics cover more than one model. For example, often the XYZ vs. ABC threads end up in one or the other forum, and then you get a bias towards the model of that forum.

Honestly, if I was going to pick, I would have the SAB section just like these other ones, and have sort of a standard format here on HF. This seems to make even more sense since you guys say it is one of the highest traffic areas on HF.

SAB Forum
Urakay

On the other hand, I don't want to push my luck! I got exactly what I had hoped for in the KDS forum!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #40 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

The KDS helicopters and electronics will essentially become the main general forum for KDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in