Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Settings check

I have been flying my nano BL for a couple of days now. It flies well as long as I am real easy on the collective. As soon as I give collective to recover out of a move, the motor bogs. So I started to look at my settings and see what my monitor on my DX8 states. I have a flat throttle curve at 72%, but the monitor on the DX8 states 43% for the throttle. Is this correct? Or do I have another setting that needs to be corrected? I was expecting the monitor to state 72%. BTW - I am flying new batteries as well. If the 43% is correct for the DX8 monitor I will have to look elsewhere. Pitch travel limit is setup as 85%.
Finix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I found the main reason my nano was bogging was because I was using 250 hyperion MCPx batteries with the mCPx skids - they are obviously too heavy for the nano mild BL. I went back to stock battery and it flies much much better.

Hopefully, someone can answer the DX8 monitor question of seeing 43% throttle when I have a 72% flat throttle curve. Am I missing a setting on my DX8? Anyone else have the same thing?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Finix,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finix View Post
...So I started to look at my settings and see what my monitor on my DX8 states. I have a flat throttle curve at 72%, but the monitor on the DX8 states 43% for the throttle. Is this correct? Or do I have another setting that needs to be corrected?...
check Your settings for Dualrate and Travel Adjust. If Travel Adjust for Throttle Channel is 100% and YouŽve programmed a FLAT (i.e. horizontal) 72% Throttle Curve and Dualrate is switched of You should see 72% Throttle on each position of stick (Throttle Cut = 0 = Off = Motor on)
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the response, Elektro. I checked the the travel adjust for the throttle channel is 100% and the throttle cut is switched to inhibit.

This was driving me crazy, so I finally figured it out. The monitor screen goes from -100% to 100% while throttle only goes from 0% to 100%. Therefore, the monitor screen is showing the functional value of the throttle. So, math was involved. The function of thottle to the monitor screen turns out to be y=2x-100 where x is the throttle curve and y is the monitor screen value. Therefore, a throttle curve x value of 72, equals a montor screen y value of 44 (~43). All is good again. I can keep flying happily.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in