Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters > 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters

500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default BeastX Setup

I am just finishing the build on my 500EFL and I am getting ready to start the setup. This is my first FBL heli. and I am using a BeastX with a Futaba 8FG and a 203SB RX. I also have a 208SB RX that came with the radio. Should I use the 8 channel RX and plug the servos in and do a swash setup like I did on my 500ESP flybar bird ? I was thinking of using the 208 without the Beast and centering the servos WITHOUT subtrim, just getting horns as close as possible to 90 and doing the best mechanical setup with linkages and swash leveler. ORRRR...do I hook up the Beast and RX and attach the horns during that setup ?

I am pretty anal about setting up everything, and when I did the head on the 500ESP, I followed the steps and rechecked everything. Can someone give me a basic outline of the steps to take ? Also, my 500ESP has a Futaba 7C, so I am still learning the 8FG and SBUS items. So if anyone has a 8FG with SBUS and BeastX, that would be fantastic.

As always, thanks everyone for your awesome help and Happy Holidays !!

Chris

P.S. Do you loctite the screws on the servo horns when it has metal output ??
SPARKY426 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have seen some bypass the FBL controller and plug into a RX to check centers of servos and find the best servo arms for them, but personally i would just use the 6203 sbus to beastx and get it setup to the point your ready to install your arms. Then swap your arms around and see where they line up best and do what ever centering is required with the beastx, then finish the setup. Also i do use loctite on my screws that go into servos with metal output,not a glob of it just a small amount.
I forgot to mention i usually setup my rx,fbl controller,servos,arms before i even install it in heli i just find it easier to work with that way.
Reever45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKY426 View Post
I was thinking of using the 208 without the Beast and centering the servos WITHOUT subtrim, just getting horns as close as possible to 90 and doing the best mechanical setup with linkages and swash leveler. ORRRR...do I hook up the Beast and RX and attach the horns during that setup ?

Can someone give me a basic outline of the steps to take ? Also, my 500ESP has a Futaba 7C, so I am still learning the 8FG and SBUS items. So if anyone has a 8FG with SBUS and BeastX, that would be fantastic.

As always, thanks everyone for your awesome help and Happy Holidays !!
Chris
P.S. Do you loctite the screws on the servo horns when it has metal output ??
No matter what radio gear and other electronics I always hook up everything
without the tail gyro or uBeast in the loop. I get my servo centering/reversing
and setup basics as close as I can all on their own. If you choose to not take the gyro(s)
out of the loop...it may be more difficult to tell where a problem is because
you never did know if you have an out of box failure of a servo or if it's
the gyro setup. It's just my way of taking baby steps and proving that everything
is right at each point in the build. After a couple of builds it all becomes more clear
and such measures may not be desirable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in