Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

The same for me 3M 4010 tape spartan plate 13 deg pitch and 11 cyclic, works great. I also strapped it down hard with velcro.
darrenwootton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 3g on the 700 likes the gyro to be almost hard mounted,dont put any cyclic input (dont move the stick) take time to let the blades get up to speed in normal mode, also let the blades get in track first, as the head speed goes up the heli should automatically level itself out by the 3g then dont hesitate just pop the model off the ground as fast as you can then all the vibrations off the ground will be gone and you can then flick up into idle up mode, it does feel wearied when you try for the first couple of times but when you have done this a couple of times your be ok, just dont rush it, its all a new learning curve with flybarless, i love my 700 and 500 now and i will never go back to a flybar again im loving my flying again.

hope this helps some
darrenwootton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My pre-flight is to check all the movements with the heli sitting there, wait about a second or so for the cyclics to recenter then I let the heli spool up as normal and leave the cyclic ALONE, but take off normally. If I notice any tendency for the heli to tip I back down the throttle and let it settle down and spool-up again normally and take off normally.

Gogian
Trex 700e - Align FBL, Hacker A50 14L Turbine, Kontronik 120HV esc, KBDD Electric motor mount, main bearing mounts, pinion support, tail blades. CY 710 FBL Mains. Canomod canopy /Trex 600esp - Hacker A40L Turbine, CC100 esc, PRO 600 CF blades, KBDD paddles & tail blades / Trex 450se - stock motor & esc PRO 325 CF blades, KBDD paddles & tail blades.
gogster2k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI chaps, i have followed some of the threads on helifreak, i really can't see why your chaps have so much trouble with your 3g systems, I have a 700LE and a 250 and have had no issues with any of 3g systems in them, they spool up as a standard flybared head.

I am about to put the 3g in my 600nsp, if it flys as good as the 700 its going to be awesome.

Although I must confess, two of my mates have had issues with their systems one in a 600 and the other in a 700, but when carefully checked out it was down to installation and not the system.

Happy Days
TopGunRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the 3G problems are NOT across the board. Seems to work very well on 700, 600, 500. The 450 is where I had issues with Elevator Bobbling. So seems like you have to be very specific as to what heli, what issue, what config, servo's , ect, ect. before we can isolate any common issues.

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heechee View Post
I've set up a trex 500 with RDLohr gyro mount and Quark anti-vibration kit with metal plate. Right now I can't say when I'll be able to try this. Weather.. How do you guys make sure the Align wire stays in place? It feels really unsecure.

I got to try it today! There was some wind (maybe 4-5 meters/sec?) and I had practically no problems with this setup. The minor problems that I had is that this helicopter has insane power! Well, compared to 450 PRO anyway. I was running the 500 with 500M and Hyperion VX G3 35C 3300 mAh battery. I started with the aileron and elevator gains at about 12 o'clock, and it seemed may a tad shaky so I increased aileron gain to about 1 o'clock. I also decreased the gyro gain from 40 to 35.

I made sure the cable stays in place by using some tape:

Old 05-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I originally used the supplied align tape by stacking both pieces together and strapping it down but it had a little bobble I could not get rid of on cyclic.So I tried the 3M 4010 tape 2 pieces thick. My 12s 600 ESP hated it. When it lifted off it started shaking very violently. I almost crashed it. I tried adjusting the gains but the shakes would not go away. I immediately removed the 4010 before I destroyed my heli. I had some thick black double sided foam tape(I don't remember where it came from) that is fairly soft but not as soft as aligns tape so I decided to give it a try. I also strapped it down pretty snug. Needless to say I was a little scared to lift off again but it was as smoothe as it could possibly be on cyclic. The tail still has a little slow wiggle that I have to work out.
dfrazier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the mentioned 3m 4010 tape on my Trex 600 le with a metal plate from a gy 520 and my heli is flying so smooth with both gains at about 12 o'clock, oh and I have it straped down hard. With the original mounting tape I had gains at 9 o'clock and I had bad bobbing and violent shaking on tic tock's. I have also found if my tuning is a bit out due to weather change it tends to affect the 3g.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

4010 still working...........reminder.................nitro only.
jondabear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondabear View Post
4010 still working...........reminder.................nitro only.
OK. So we have a solution for nitros. What's best for 450 electric, or other electric sizes?
n808 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n808 View Post
OK. So we have a solution for nitros. What's best for 450 electric, or other electric sizes?
I have a single piece of align tape and a tight velcro strap on my 450 sport and a piece of spartan mounting pad and tight strap on my 250 se with good results.
ForceFedDSM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, what doesn't work for my new 450 Pro, even though others have reported good results on electrics, is the Quark thick foam + metal plate + thin foam + or - strap. No matter the strap tightness or off, big or small heli setting , delay or no delay, it's impossible to get the tail to stay still in a simple hover. It wobbles, slower with less gain, but still wobbles, not a whole lot though, just no Spartan. I wonder if those results posted here are V1 or V2. I have a V2 - maybe the optimal tape combination is different for the two versions?
Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
I have a single piece of align tape and a tight velcro strap on my 450 sport
Thanks! Who would have thought, the simplest solution works the best, at least for V2. Not so strange really, Align probably tuned the vibration filtering parameters for their foam, but with all the trouble and discussions here, I didn't even consider it... However, now I just tried the same, but with no strap, and the tail wag was completely gone! Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of elevator wobble in a roll, while keeping even loop rates.

So my vote for small electric, V2, is the Align tape as well, no strap, but w strap not yet tested.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still having the same troubles with the tail twitch... i'm thinking about just getting a gyro for my 500 and being done with it.
WonderedUnder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n808 View Post
Thanks! Who would have thought, the simplest solution works the best, at least for V2. Not so strange really, Align probably tuned the vibration filtering parameters for their foam, but with all the trouble and discussions here, I didn't even consider it... However, now I just tried the same, but with no strap, and the tail wag was completely gone! Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of elevator wobble in a roll, while keeping even loop rates.

So my vote for small electric, V2, is the Align tape as well, no strap, but w strap not yet tested.
With the strap my bobble is minimal and I am still running stock gains.....so I guess I should turn them down a little. I can't wait for the usb link so we can use the new fine tuning software.
ForceFedDSM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Foam

I have the 250 SE with 3G and i just use one small square of the supplied grey foam...mounted on the gyro tray with the other part of the unit stuck underneath,

Its all good
Cheers
Russ
Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3G

Hey guys.

I use the 3g on both my trex 700le nitro, and my trex 600esp 3g. I use 3m white heavy duty double sided tape with the green liner. I double stack the 3m tape with no strap's. Works great. No problems. Prep the area really good with alcohol to make sure it sticks good.

When I installed my second 3g in my 600 I used the align tape had a very bad tail oscillation that was pretty scary. Throw the Align tape away.

Marc W.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

2 align tape works best for my 600.

On the side note, width of the strap (velcro) makes a huge difference. I was using the small one and didnt have a problem, but I decided to use the bigger/wider velcro thinking that its better for strapping it down and more secure because it can wrap/cover the whole sensor, but I was wrong, I had a crazy tail wag. Took it off and put the small velcro back, and the tail is solid again.

Last edited by sil40sx; 06-02-2010 at 12:55 AM..
sil40sx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 03:53 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

My expiriences:

I do have a TRex450SEV2, modded only with the official torque-tube-update. The 3G V2 has one layer of the supplied sensor-mounting-tape.

I do have tail-wagging, no matter what the gain and the delay is at.
Best result is with maximum delay for small helis with a gain of 33%. Still wagging, but slow and somewhat ignorable, though still unnerving.
BUT...
And here comes the interesting part...
This is only in heading-lock-mode - LED green...
When in rate-mode - LED red - the tail is rock-steady, with a gain of up to 90%...!?! The flying in rate is *very* nice and relaxing, just the setup of the revo-mix is a pain in the what'yacallit...
So I do not believe it's a problem with the installation and vibrations - at least on my heli - but in the algorithms of the control unit...
As well, when I tested through the different delay-settings, I noted the behaviour of a too big delay when set for minimum delay. When I increased the delay on the unit, the effects were those of a decreased delay...

USB and firmware-update should arrive next week...

Cheers!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

when u get the usb , lower your rudder stop gain until the tail wagging stops. i had the same problem on my 600n, lowered the stop gain until the wag was gone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in