Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Robird G31

Robird G31 RobirdUSA Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Oscillation and Gains?

Still having lots of continuous Tail Wag/Oscillation on my Dominator 450L 3S.

Right now Gains are at ST1 30% and ST2 35%. Blue Lite is on.

Have replaced Tailshaft, new Grips and Rotor Hub Assembly. Slider original. Moves freely by hand disconnected from Servo. Drilled inner hole on Servo Arm. Align DS525M.

New Tailblades, New Main Gear looks perfectly round, New Mains. Nothing I change seems to make a difference. Suspecting Tail Servo.

Going to start jumping up 5% on Gains. Like ST1 to 40 and ST2 to 45 so I can switch in and out and keep working up to see what it does.

I just can't see anything else Mechanical, unless the Motor is going bad and Pulsing. On the first test flight today it seemed tight, motor slow to spinup in normal, took a few seconds after liftoff and then you can hear it speed up to normal.

This is the second flight. Watch the Tail Wag while On The Pad. Starts doing it immediately.

Also on this flight at the end when I switched down to Normal before landing it just dropped, like the motor is slowing down too fast, binding? Bearing? I've noticed the Mains don't sit there and free spin like they used to. Maybe that is the One Way Bearing binding up? Looking for anything that might be causing the Wag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zACn39-BJM
heritageflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From experience, any time I see a wag like that, it nearly always turns out to be mechanical. It start happening on my TSA when I had a bad tail shaft bearing. It happened on my friends Warp 360 that needed the tail links sized properly. It happened on my 7HV which also needed tail links sized properly.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but you're going to have to dig deep into the tail mechanics to find the solution here. The Robird will never exhibit this behavior when the tail mechanics are behaving properly.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Broke another Lynx 68mm tailblade today In Air and twisted my Tailcase on the Boom and stripped the new Drive Gears I put in up front... The blade just sheared off at the root, let go when I went into ST1. Second one to do this and ruin TTube Drive Gears. About a 45 second flight. Fortunately I had just dropped low over thick grass and got it down before it spun much.

While checking it over on the bench afterword, I could see and hear the tail servo gears had lots of slop. about .75mm to 1mm play back and forth on the pushrod.

Did not want to spend money on another gear set for the 525M, so ordered a new MKS 8910A + servo. Maybe I'll put another gear set in the 525M later and keep for a spare. Have another event coming up Saturday, so wanted to have it in top shape for that and this will make things go faster on the repair.

Had to order the Tail Gear Sets from another source due to stock issues at the first place. Just my luck, neither shipment made it out today. Must have been lots of crashing over the weekend had them backed up on orders... Won't get the gears till Friday. Last minute rebuild again. Seems it happens every time I have a Saturday event to go to.

Should have the Servo by Thursday. Give me time to get it installed and redo the Setup in the Robird Software.

Wag clearly visible as soon as I lift weight off the right skid leg...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yImkln0h_K8
heritageflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in