Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 5000mAh 25 C 6S1P outrage pack concerns

I just received my outrage 5000mAH 6S1P 25C pack Tuesday and It came with a partial charge at 22.2V, I hooked it up to my V-balancer and it was quite a bit unbalanced. I then soldered the deans plug and charged it at 2.5A with the V balancer connected. After it was fully charged at 25.2 V, the balancer worked a bit more to get it balanced. I started the break in period with my Trex 600(Z-30A with14T pinion for less amp draw) and I hovered it for 3 min on Wednesday.(end voltage=23.4V) batt surface temp is 98.7 degrees F. I hooked it up to the v-balancer after cooling down and it is again unbalanced(10- 15 min of balancing with the v-balancer). I took it home Wednesday evening I started charging it again for my Thursday afternoon flight. Still the V- balancer was used during charging and it was still working after the charging process. The final voltage is 25.03V. It seems I lost some capacity after 1 cycle. Is it me being obsessive or is there something wrong here? My TP extreme v2's never did this and I used the same procedure breaking them in. Will this condition continue or will it be better after the break in period? Anybody have experience with these packs? Please advise. Thanks.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

damyxz, I have not seen this on any of my 6S 5000's but if you could give it a few more cycles to see if everything closes into normal specs that would be great...

The 25.03v you saw at the end most likely was result of the balancer bringing the pack into balance...not a loss of capacity...as the voltage is just showing the charge of the pack...not the capacity. The Flight Power balancer like all balancers, balances by slowly discharging the high cells to the lowest cell...so if only one cell was a little off...then 5 cells got brought down...which would show a lower final voltage since the charger had already completed its charge cycle.

We have not really been "breaking in" these packs...just going out and flying them...try on your next flight to fly your normal flight time on the heli and then charge at 1C and see how they act...if still acting like one cell is not settling in with the rest of the cells try another full timed flight and charge at like .75C...and see how it goes...

if the pack still is acting up after 4 or 5 cycles...please contact me at greg@outragerc.com and I will take care of you promptly...
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

OK , I flew it again today, just some circuits and timed it for 5 min. The pack was still a little bit unbalanced after the flight( cells 1, 3 were blinking for a minute or so but cell #6 took about 5 min to balance out) It is not as bad as the first flight. Final voltage after 5 min of flight is at 23.8V. I will switch to 15T pinion tomorrow and try some mild 3D flight and I'll report back. It's great that you have quick support on this one thanks.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I Have been fliing 2 for these packs in my 600 and love them one of the best packs i have flow to date. Never more then warm after a hard flight when the tp packs get hot!!

Last edited by 24-7 rc; 07-10-2008 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: typo
24-7 rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The pack has settled in today after a .7C charge and balance and 5 min circuit and mild 3D flight. Tha pack was balanced after the flight and was just slightly warm 99 degrees and has a remaining voltage of 23.7 volts(I could have flown 3-4 min more but my attention span barely lasted 5 min). I think the pack got more pep to it as it settled in. Thanks again Greg for the help.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great! Glad to see it has settled in...have fun!
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in