Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HELP gaui governor (blue) mini vbar

Hi guys i have read the thread about opening the extra port so i can use it to plug in the yellow signal wire for the governor. Which isnt a problem

i dont understand how this works with my transmitter (DX8) the leaflet that came in my kit doesnt seem to make any sense to me and the more i read it the less i understand it talks about running "v" style throttle curves in idle up 1 and 2 ???. Dont have much experience with nitro governor's. Could anyone explain how to set my transmitter up to operate this gaui governor, i am assuming you use the gyro gain to make changes to the headspeed but do not know this works. Im ready to remove it and just run ungoverned. Would that be a easier solution.
casper43 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper43 View Post
Hi guys i have read the thread about opening the extra port so i can use it to plug in the yellow signal wire for the governor. Which isnt a problem

i dont understand how this works with my transmitter (DX8) the leaflet that came in my kit doesnt seem to make any sense to me and the more i read it the less i understand it talks about running "v" style throttle curves in idle up 1 and 2 ???. Dont have much experience with nitro governor's. Could anyone explain how to set my transmitter up to operate this gaui governor, i am assuming you use the gyro gain to make changes to the headspeed but do not know this works. Im ready to remove it and just run ungoverned. Would that be a easier solution.
Setting up the GAUI governor is really pretty easy once you get the VBar file hacked. I have a DX8 and thankfully they are adjustable enough to make it work rather quickly.

The V curves are only for a backup. Use you Governor menu, I will attach an image of mine so you can see how mine is setup. Once you set it, it's a matter of either going positive numbers or negative numbers until you get the light to turn green.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=Matt Nasca;4654618]Setting up the GAUI governor is really pretty easy once you get the VBar file hacked. I have a DX8 and thankfully they are adjustable enough to make it work rather quickly.

The V curves are only for a backup. Use you Governor menu, I will attach an image of mine so you can see how mine is setup. Once you set it, it's a matter of either going positive numbers or negative numbers until you get the light to turn green.

Matt,
Can you explain more about this vBar file hack? I have a full-size vBar on my nx4, but I'm curious as it sounds like there is a way to fake the miniV into working as a nitro gov.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[quote=alexmit;4658749]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Nasca View Post
Setting up the GAUI governor is really pretty easy once you get the VBar file hacked. I have a DX8 and thankfully they are adjustable enough to make it work rather quickly.

Matt,
Can you explain more about this vBar file hack? I have a full-size vBar on my nx4, but I'm curious as it sounds like there is a way to fake the miniV into working as a nitro gov.
The Mini VBar will not work as a nitro governor no matter what you do.

The hack to use an external governor is described here:

http://hf.rob.com/showpost.php?p=4423244&postcount=1
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

[quote=Matt Nasca;4658928]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post

Ah, I misread you. Thanks for clarifying. It's a shame the miniV won't work for a nitro gov. I've been hoping Mikado would update the miniV to a new sensor and add the nitro gov function even if it cost the same as a full size silverline.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Made the governor setup a breeze! Thanks!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Gov I & Gov II settngs

[quote=Matt Nasca;4658928]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post

Thanks for the info Matt. I've hacked the the VBR file already but
Could you please tell me what you use for settings in the GOV I & GOV II screens of the vbar. ( I upgrade to Pro Version)

Thanks for any help ... I'm trying to get this whole Gov thing sorted before I just throw an Ikon in it ....
Gaui: X5, X7, NX4
ovrclkd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[quote=ovrclkd;5078467]
Quote:

Thanks for the info Matt. I've hacked the the VBR file already but
Could you please tell me what you use for settings in the GOV I & GOV II screens of the vbar. ( I upgrade to Pro Version)

Thanks for any help ... I'm trying to get this whole Gov thing sorted before I just throw an Ikon in it ....
Are you using the Mini Vbar on the NX4? If so you can't use the internal governor. I am running the GAUI governor, which works great.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[quote=Matt Nasca;5080223]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrclkd View Post

Are you using the Mini Vbar on the NX4? If so you can't use the internal governor. I am running the GAUI governor, which works great.
I'm using a Spektrum backplate rpm sensor on the advice of some friends.
If I can't get it to work I will install the Gaui Gov that came with my kit.

Thx Matt!

Jay
Gaui: X5, X7, NX4
ovrclkd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The backplate sensor is a sensor, not a governor. If you had the full sized VBar you could use that just fine. The internal MINI Vbar governor doesn't work with nitro at all; It doesn't matter what sensor you have.

To save you the time trying to figure it out I would just put on the GAUI gov and go fly! You may be able to use the backplate sensor with the GAUI governor.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hi Matt,

I am about to start setting up the Gaui Governor and found your screenshots very helpful. One question though, how do you control the RPM on the radio? I.e if I now want to govern at 2700 instead of 2500 let's say.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2014, 06:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your radio has a governor menu you can use that. Like the first picture above.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your reply Matt. I think I have got it set up and hooked up to the F Mode switch. My numbers are opposite to yours in the Governor menu to toggle the governor on/off,
In Normal mode = positive number (Governor Off - LED Red)
In U1 and U2 = Negative number (Governor On - LED Green)

I tried to simulate Governor function on the bench (engine off of course) i.e expecting throttle Servo to open when U1 switch is activated in the Radio but that is not what happens. It seems to follow the Throttle curve set up for U1 instead. I am guessing that, I need to get the headspeed up so the governor has a reference speed to govern. Am I right?

Sorry for asking basic questions gents. I don't know much about nitro engines but determined to learn and have fun with it.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.66pacific.com/vbar_extra_channel.aspx

is that the link that i need to make my mini vbar work with my gaui gov? i have a mini vbar, and the gaui gov, i want to use them both. i didnt realize that the mini vbar didnt have a nitro gov on it until last night....lol....so upon reading up some, i found this thread....

can someone help me understand exactly how this is all done?

it will be done with a futaba 14sgh too, but i dont think that will confuse things will it?

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in