Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 08:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile 6th flight with my baby.

Good Morning everybody.

I'm in a great mood this morning. I installed the main gear last night. Lost two of those little tiny dad-blasted nuts. That is very fidgety work for someone with larger hands. The work almost went straight forward. Except that the shaft inside the idler gear kept turning and blocking the bolt from passing thru. What might have been a 15 minute job turned into a 1 hour.

What put me in a great mood was the flight this morning. It went very well. I now believe that I can concentrate on learning to fly.

I was able to keep it within about 10 feet of the launching spot. The altitude was very much easier to control this time.

I wonder what you guys would suggest as a goal for time spent on just hover practice. Is it a certain amount of time or is there a litmus test that will tell me when it's time to start trying to move around a little bit?

Hope everyone has a great flight today. It really brightens the mood.
Madman O Anderson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey there Madman:

Congratulations on your successful repair of your 450-3D ! I remember the thrill well of being able to get one back up in the air and flying well after the first mishap.

The 450-3D is a nice bird - well constructed, fairly easy to work on and won't break the bank fixing it.

I had a tough time with the CP helis at first as I started with fixed pitch and had to break some bad habits. I crashed, crashed, crashed my first one - Blade 400-3D - then dropped back to a MCPX and that is what I really learned to fly on.

No fear crashing - pick it up and start flying again and a biggie for me - could get a lot more practice in as I could just walk out in the back yard when I had a few spare minutes. I got pretty good with it then when back to the 400 and it was much easier.

To answer your question as far as how long to practice hover - it's going to vary a lot from person to person. My suggestion would be as you get more comfortable hovering just start moving it around more and more. I cannot stress how important it is to get to where you're comfortable in all orientations to where you don't have to think too much to keep it in the air whether tail in , nose in or either side in. This needs to become almost an automatic "no brainer" to progress to actually flying the bird.

My other big tip when first starting to move around is fly somewhere where you have plenty of room. I think your natural tendency will be to keep it low but you're safer higher up to give yourself more room to correct. And if you're flying in an area without ample space side to side it's usually not too long before you run into whatever borders one of the sides because as I'm sure you've seen - they can move "fast"!

Hope this helps - sounds like you're doing great so far and wish you the best in your continued pursuit of the hobby

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
blade-man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice and kind words.
Madman O Anderson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I learned the 450 with his videos..amazing
Windmanquebec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in