Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where was this post 6 months ago. HA
Wags
wagspe208 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have requested this thread to be added to the sticky section.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool Josh, that's what we need to make it simple and easy for the one who don't know or is their first time.
Banshee # 45 700 LE and 850
jcflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the bailout and self leveling dedicated to the aux 3 slider on the right side of the transmitter. In the middle I'm at 0 and self leveling is off. Full down is capt. Bailout. Now the nice thing about the slider is that I set the max. Amount of self leveling at 75% so I can go from zero self leveling up to 75% in 1% increments! Love it as I can add or remove as much self leveling as needed whereas if you use a switch your stuck with one or 2 settings. Takes a little getting used to but now I'm locked in.

Now in case your wondering how I work bailout.........4 times already, if I'm in trouble I go full down which activates 100% bailout. A second or 2 later I flip it up full to the top position which is my max 75% self leveling. 2 east short quick flicks. Plus I end up with the heli in a very stable self leveling mode which is where you want to be after such a violent experience. It also makes things easier to get the collective under control. Once you get used to it its pretty simple and versitle.
hidaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
I have the bailout and self leveling dedicated to the aux 3 slider on the right side of the transmitter. In the middle I'm at 0 and self leveling is off. Full down is capt. Bailout. Now the nice thing about the slider is that I set the max. Amount of self leveling at 75% so I can go from zero self leveling up to 75% in 1% increments! Love it as I can add or remove as much self leveling as needed whereas if you use a switch your stuck with one or 2 settings. Takes a little getting used to but now I'm locked in.

Now in case your wondering how I work bailout.........4 times already, if I'm in trouble I go full down which activates 100% bailout. A second or 2 later I flip it up full to the top position which is my max 75% self leveling. 2 east short quick flicks. Plus I end up with the heli in a very stable self leveling mode which is where you want to be after such a violent experience. It also makes things easier to get the collective under control. Once you get used to it its pretty simple and versitle.
Was it easy to setup like that? I'm going through the initial HC3SX setup tonight and I just got a 9503. Just read through both manuals, but it's a lot of info to absorb.
MyRCode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, just assign the aux 2 switch in device select to that right or left side lever. The 9503 isn't the best tx out there for helis but the work around isn't too bad. Just practice a bit to get your mind and fingers used to the bailout on the slider.

If you get stuck pm me and I'll give you my number and ill walk you through it. Both manuals are tough reading and not too user friendly although the setup wizard isn't bad in the HC.

Dave
hidaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

This is interesting....
Old 12-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, just assign the aux 2 switch in device select to that right or left side lever. The 9503 isn't the best tx out there for helis but the work around isn't too bad. Just practice a bit to get your mind and fingers used to the bailout on the slider.

If you get stuck pm me and I'll give you my number and ill walk you through it. Both manuals are tough reading and not too user friendly although the setup wizard isn't bad in the HC.

Dave
So the 9503 isn't the best TX for heli's, so tell me which one you consider the good ones???
Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a good radio just doesn't allow for much customization in terms of switches.

It gets the job done though and with a quick soldering job does everything I need with regards to the SX.

7HV ULT TracX | 550U TracX | DX9
NZ Heli thread - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=480630
Magnazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Now if you decide to use aux 2 for your horizon mode switch you will not be able to use the gyro screen with the 9303/9503 for your tail gain (it works on aux2 channel 7). So inhibit the gyro screen and of course use the gear channel for tail gain (channel 5). You can still have different tail gains for each flightmode headspeed by following the pdf below which I prefer way better than assigning the gear as govornor and doing tail gain that way. Plus you gain a rate mode option to center your tail slider after carrying to flight line or switching to rate mode for tail rod adjustment or certain maneuvers that rate mode excells on. Forget the title as this works great with hc3sx and all fbl units with sats or fullsize rx. Also do not inhibit aux 2 as the screen shot shows in the pdf as you need it for horizon !!!
PS a value of 42 as shown in the pdf will give a value of 42 in the software bar for tail gain channel as long as your endpoints are tweaked to give 100% on the bar as you do with the others. 50 will be 50. negative 50 will be ratemode negative 50 etc

Attached Files9303_mixing.pdf (208.1 KB, 311 views)
Been working my way through a lot of information on this system and setup options.

Currently I have a 9303 and setup to run a JR921 rx so its the cable loom condition. My original hope/understanding was that I could mix the tail gain and head gain with the FMod mix as listed above and then be able to setup the rescue and bailout on the AUX2 switch.

- Is it correct to assume that this would only be possible if I run separate sats and able to assign channels in the 1. RC tab?
- When I have cable loom there is no way to assign channel assignments?
- Trying to look at the wiring and figure out how to figure out the wiring into the jr 921 to create what would be like a banked setup with the flight mode and you can run different headspeeds and adjust the tail/head gain off of that and not be constrained to just a single value that appears to happen with a separate rx setup when I go from a Rigid to Horizon setup?

Thanks
Wynn
Old 07-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not just use the HC with sats and no RX???
Old 07-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setting Up SX with JR 9503 TX

And bind your radio to what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

7HV ULT TracX | 550U TracX | DX9
NZ Heli thread - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=480630
Magnazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
Why not just use the HC with sats and no RX???
Was planning on just using 6v bec and didn't want to temp fate with the 5.5v minimum and sat resets. Well ending up that I was able to go HV on the setup and have decided to run Sats on it no with direct 2s lipo. Still the question/dilemma remains that once I am in the horizon tab when I go from a rigid setup to horizon I loose control of the head gain in the diagnose page to the default value. Maybe I am missing something but everything that I have come across so far says that I set the head gain to where I want it and loose control when using horizon mode.

Wynn
Old 08-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Before you setup the Horizon page make sure you have your head gain dialed in, if I remember right there is a slider in the Rigid page for your head gain set it there.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why not Flight Modes for Self Level, Rigid and Captain Rescue?

Thank you Scott & Magnazan. Great stuff considering how little information there is out there for the JR9503/9303.
I still find it difficult to make the transition between the BD 3SX software and the radio settings, particularly when it comes those key modes.
I'm a pincher who would like to assign the SL, Rigid & CR to the 3-position Flight Mode switch (an adaptation of Scott S's approach). I only use 2 flight modes anyway and assume I can assign those to either Elev D/R or Aile D/R, depending on which side is more convenient. Right? I have become used to using the Rudder D/R switch on the upper right for Throttle Hold.
I see that AUX4 is assigned (by my BD3SX?) to the FMOD SW on my 9503 DeviceSEL screen. Would this not simplify setting up AUX4 for SL, Rigid & CR?

By the way, my servos do not go to neutral in the Trim tab of the set up wizard so that's where I'm stuck at the moment.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just tryna do what I'm told

Quote:
Now if you decide to use aux 2 for your horizon mode switch you will not be able to use the gyro screen with the 9303/9503 for your tail gain (it works on aux2 channel 7). So inhibit the gyro screen and of course use the gear channel for tail gain (channel 5). You can still have different tail gains for each flightmode headspeed by following the pdf below which I prefer way better than assigning the gear as govornor and doing tail gain that way. Plus you gain a rate mode option to center your tail slider after carrying to flight line or switching to rate mode for tail rod adjustment or certain maneuvers that rate mode excells on. Forget the title as this works great with hc3sx and all fbl units with sats or fullsize rx. Also do not inhibit aux 2 as the screen shot shows in the pdf as you need it for horizon !!!
PS a value of 42 as shown in the pdf will give a value of 42 in the software bar for tail gain channel as long as your endpoints are tweaked to give 100% on the bar as you do with the others. 50 will be 50. negative 50 will be ratemode negative 50 etc

Scott,
How do you "inhibit the gyro screen".
My 9503 does not permit me to set AUX2 to INH. It stays on GYRO.
Your pdf is clear enough (thank you) but I don't know what you mean by setting the throttle to 100% in system mode. Maybe that's why the IN value in my Prog Mix 1 stays at 17? The gear switch toggles the OUT value between OFF (switch up) and 42 (switch down).
This is all spook speak to me. I don't know what's happening.
But I am going to trust you on this.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servos still sleeping in Trim Tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn1427 View Post
Been working my way through a lot of information on this system and setup options.

Currently I have a 9303 and setup to run a JR921 rx so its the cable loom condition. My original hope/understanding was that I could mix the tail gain and head gain with the FMod mix as listed above and then be able to setup the rescue and bailout on the AUX2 switch.

- Is it correct to assume that this would only be possible if I run separate sats and able to assign channels in the 1. RC tab?
- When I have cable loom there is no way to assign channel assignments?
- Trying to look at the wiring and figure out how to figure out the wiring into the jr 921 to create what would be like a banked setup with the flight mode and you can run different headspeeds and adjust the tail/head gain off of that and not be constrained to just a single value that appears to happen with a separate rx setup when I go from a Rigid to Horizon setup?

Thanks
Wynn
Wynn,
I have a 9503 and a JR921 RX. I can't get my servos to go to the neutral position in the BD Trim tab so that I can adjust the servo horns and ball links. To which receiver connections did you connect the BD cable loom leads?
BD is on vacation and won't likely respond until the middle of next month.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Thanks much Scott. Using my JR9503, I was able to set up the tail gyro so that the bar value with GEAR UP is 0% and +42 with GEAR DOWN. Are those the proper settings?
Following your instructions for AUX 2, however, failed to result in any response in the bar values. I have the head gyro green lead from the cable loom connected to the AUX2 connection on my JR921 receiver. I'm stuck here in the set up process. Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Servos now active and at neutral in Trim Tab.
Still no action in the self-levelling adjustments.
To be continued.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnazan View Post
And bind your radio to what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Bind to the HC and the Sats been doing that way for a long time!!!

Tags
jr9503 and hc3sx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in