Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fake Engineering.. am out for now..

Hi every one..
Today i stripped the so called upgraded TAIL BLACK GEARS. Whats the magic here guys? I cant say any good to OUTRAGE becouse this time am totally fedup. I have paid alot for the whole year for something that doesnt deserve.

I think reputation is more important than continuing selling the faulty engineering. ie. We are intermidiate 3d pilots and we are also not technically lazy so i think we know what we are saying especially in such basic issues.

Am sorry OUTRAGE but this is not fair . If there is a major technical issue, please anounce it and warn people to STOP flyng until you fix the issues. This will be much appricitiated rather than making the users very disapointed. There are issues to bare but these ones are outstanding

Nothing personal here..we just want things fixed.

Last edited by saeed09; 03-03-2012 at 05:04 PM..
saeed09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was having issues with stripping tail gears, but the black gears seem to have fixed my issues. I run the rear gears without the shim that came with the upgraded/revised white gear. Some are using the shim with good results. In addition, it was also suggested not to secure the bearings to the torque tube due to possibly inducing vibration or oscillation in the tail. I'm not sure what you have tried, but maybe one or any combination of the above may be a fix for you. The Velocity 90 tail is is on Bert's list to improve. Good luck.
p00rboi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks poorboi for the info and your comment. I dont know about securing the bearings but there have bee alot of advice given out there just imagining each advice is a couse of a crash, many crashes and that is what i had.

I believe OUTRAGE have bunch of team and test pilots who are responsible for giving these feedbacks. Why should i hurt my wallet?? Its seems to me Outrage have test pilots who have less capabilities of understanding the technical problems and presenting them back for correction. I believe within a week of continous test flights some one can say all the problems of a heli and lets say 2 months for a factory to rectify the parts and reproduce. For them, it takes months and they keep on selling us new faulty parts to test and crash not to fix and have fun.

What Outrage did is to change the TT shaft size and color of white gears to black but all are the same they woble like hell and causing massive friction. Sometime you can find some teeth missing on these new black gears after few flights i dont know what that means. If you secure the boom block on the frame, the gears become more tight notchy. I didnt mention other problems becouse they never made my heli crash but there are other several issues. The tail for both the 50 and 90 needs attention even with the new 50 tail case and gears still nothing solved. 2-3 flights crash heh no way. If i was the Outrage owner, i would have hired a 3rd party to make good stuff as fast as possible to cover my product reputation!!

Now am going back to Align to have some fun. Though the V90s head is nice to fly but crashing, spending, fixing and experimenting is no more fun to me. When the new tail proves good we will think to get back to business.

OUTRAGE PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS TIME YOU GET THE NEW TAIL WELL DESIGNED OTHER WISE THE REPUTATION WILL BE IRRIVERSIBLE. THANK YOU!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I can say is that my 90 FBL went together. Early perfectly and that several gallons later everything is holding up well. Zero gear issues, fantastic tail, smooth as silk all the way around.
I've found it to be great value for money.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wvvf4x
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agilefalcon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi!

I cant argue with that but what we have noticed is that if you fly both the v90 or the v50 with smooth tail moves, its rare to strip the gears if everythng was SMOOTH during fixing. If you fly very hard, for sure be ready to go home with a brocken heli. I was always scared and worried to fly them.

I have seen the new prototype tail, that will solve all the issues. Its really cool. Please see the videos of Tareq Saadi in Thailand heli blow out 2012, he used the new tail system in his helis at that time.

I cant wait to get that tail and i dont know when exactly it will be in the market!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeed09 View Post
Hi!

I cant argue with that but what we have noticed is that if you fly both the v90 or the v50 with smooth tail moves, its rare to strip the gears if everythng was SMOOTH during fixing. If you fly very hard, for sure be ready to go home with a brocken heli. I was always scared and worried to fly them.

I have seen the new prototype tail, that will solve all the issues. Its really cool. Please see the videos of Tareq Saadi in Thailand heli blow out 2012, he used the new tail system in his helis at that time.

I cant wait to get that tail and i dont know when exactly it will be in the market!!!
That's wut he's talking about u shouldn't have to keep buying stuff to fix issue after issue, my v90 to me is fine but yet I feel that outrage has let us down with this one.
Love my v50 but hate my v90 big waste of money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in