Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went by Sheffield Lake today, I should have stopped by to give you a hand and get you in the air this evening!?

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My parts will be here tomorrow. If I'm not at home I'm at my LHS driving on the track. I work downtown off E. 20th.

Flew a couple of packs through my mSRX tonight to keep the heli bug. I had a SR and it left a bad taste in my mouth for months.

I'm always up for meeting fellow RC addicts.
SilentD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oooo... you were much luckier than I was, I smoked both of my travel heli's today, the 130X and the mCP-x both ended up with burned up FETs on their main boards within an hour of each other. I ran the 130X in some of the best flying yet and the board fried suddenly. HH is replacing the 130X board so that one should be up in the air soon enough saving me $85.00 in repair cost. Dylan from Astro is looking at the mCP-x so that one may be going brushless! More fun coming!

I have to replace the ESC on the 300X but the Gaui CF blades look great on it though!

I do have quite a few spare parts so I probably could have brought the spare parts box over to get you back up and running... good to hear that your parts are almost there.

I pass by every week or so when I head to Detroit for work so I could stop and we can get a cup of coffee or something!

Good luck.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

OUCH. That sucks. I have a few RCs that are down right now. I have a bad feeling that I will end up with a 130X. I saw it at the Weak Signals show in April and thought it was amazing. I had a 120SR. I just can't get past the price, then the issues with the tail gears. Maybe if I can get a deal like I did on my 300.... I'm not paying $280 for it though.

Hope you get your stuff back quick.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

back in the air boys. Replaced the Jesus bolt and the feathering shaft. I think my feathering shaft was ok, but I couldn't get the one screw out. Since I had it apart I replaced it. Main shaft is fine and it's been in the air twice tonight.

Goodies

I really appreciate the response from everyone, very helpful and spot on with diagnosis as well.

Thanks,
Craig
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations. Have fun flying. If you run into any more trouble, we'll be here.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see you put some CF blades on that bad boy! I bet those fly better than the woodies! I'm curious how your jesus bolt broke without shearing the shaft. The shaft has broken for many other people, so I would assume that would be the weakest point.

Paul
Flooznie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flooznie View Post
I see you put some CF blades on that bad boy! I bet those fly better than the woodies! I'm curious how your jesus bolt broke without shearing the shaft. The shaft has broken for many other people, so I would assume that would be the weakest point.

Paul
Actually, after my first main rotor shaft break and I braced the main rotor shaft tower, I also sheared a Jesus bolt too during a crash with an LVC condition that popped up on my 300X. This is the actual design intent from what I can see of the bolt shearing as that is the weakest point vs the case hardened main rotor shaft. Since the bracing avoids flexing the airframe which in turn removes the fulcrum effect on the main rotor shaft the shaft then does not fracture and it starts acting like a main shaft with a shear pin in place. Again, the Jesus bolt is the weakest link in this design and it appears to be that way to save drive components.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I only flew it with the woodies through 3 packs. It does seem a little quieter with the CF. I'm enjoying being able to hover with this thing and correct it with some sense of control.

My Jesus bolt broke in 2 places. The nut with whatever thread was in it, is gone. The head was still there but was broken about 3 threads in. The rest of the bolt was laying in the main shaft opening. When I removed the head block it simply fell out.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't mean to resurrect a "dead" thread, but this thread just saved my sanity. I had what seemed to be a brown out and the heli hit a pile of leaves, but seemed okay. Replaced the feathering shaft, but the heli would wobble and would not leave the ground. My Jesus bolt was sheared and now I am back off in the air. I want to thank the people on this forum. You all rock!! The knowledge here is incredible.

clyde_chestnut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 02:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too had the same issue ..when in doubt I go here or my friend at work..the knowledge here is awesome !!
Terry Kelly Jr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had the same thing happen.. other prob is the tail doesn't seem to return to 0,,, could this be a messed up servo?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyguy View Post
Just had the same thing happen.. other prob is the tail doesn't seem to return to 0,,, could this be a messed up servo?
In heading hold mode, the tail will not recenter.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had many more severe crashes since this mishap. The jesus bolt shears everytime, but those crashes led to a ton of other replacement parts. LOL. Best thing about this thread was me thinking the guys were screwing with me about the "jesus bolt".

Ah the good old days when the 300X was my largest bird.

The tail should hold or stay where you tell it, not re-center. It should also have a little pitch on the tail to counteract the torque of the main motor. If the tail re-centered you would have to hold the rudder stick in order to maintain flying sideways for example. You give some rudder input (yaw) to turn the nose and it stays pointed in that direction when you let off the rudder stick.

This would be a servo issue if you applied rudder and the tail did not move at all or jerked. As long as the tail is moving smoothly when you apply rudder everything should be ok.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks and that makes sense.. I'll get the bolt replaced and then chk back if there's still an issue..
Old 04-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok guys i needs some help
I have the exact same problem but honestly i don't know what a jesus bolt is...i've check all the bolts around the main shaft and they all seem to be ok.
I have not check the feathering shaft or the main shaft yet

can someone please send me a clear picture of where the jesus bolt is...thanks
Parsonsk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default can someone please send me a clear picture of where the jesus bolt is...thanks

It's the lower bolt on the main shaft.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 06:09 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I broke the upper Jesus bolt. It's the one that goes through the head with the lock nut on the other side.

The lower bolt has a tendency to cause main shaft shear rather than break the bolt.

There are only 2 Jesus bolts. Upper and lower.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think got it now thx

i check the upper one and its fine, the bottom one was quite tight and looks like it was in there with lock tight white but definitely sheared off. so now i get to replace it ya!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

one more thing
is there a good upgrade for the main shaft and these jesus bolts?
carbon fibre or titanium or kryptonite ????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in