Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question about Swash/Cyclic Setup

I tried to use the Swash/Cyclic setup wizard to setup the SK540. I have a question about Step 9: Adjust the servo trims (circled) until the servo arms are at 90 degree angles to their linkages.

When I increased (greater than 0.0) or decreased (less than 0.0) servo trim value on (3) Left or (2) Right servo, I did not see the servo arms moving up or down. However, when I tested the servo arms directions: pitch, elevator and aileron, all 3 servo arms moved in correct directions. Am I supposed to see the servo arms moving when I increase or decrease the servo trim values ?

When I setup my BeastX using similar step, I did see the servo arms moved up or down until 90 degree to linkage.

I followed the setup Wizards slowly and carefully and so far so good until this Step 9 of Swash/Cyclic Setup wizard. Could it be that SK540 was not in setup mode when I run the Swash/Cyclic Setup wizard ?

From the PC software, it showed that SK540 was connected - Green color "Connected" in upper left hand corner of the setup software.

Thanks.
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bottom line? Yes. You should see them move according to how large the adjustments were. If it was just one click or two, and you are using slower servos you may not visually see the small movement. Question? Did you hit the send tab in the lower left hand corner to finish the step? Here is how to check. Just remember the actual servo figure and add about 15 into either direction. Hit the send tab! If you don't see the arm move now. Something is wrong. If it does move, simply reduce the figure back to what it was. And continue until your swash is level to the swash level tool.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Bottom line? Yes. You should see them move according to how large the adjustments were. If it was just one click or two, and you are using slower servos you may not visually see the small movement. Question? Did you hit the send tab in the lower left hand corner to finish the step? Here is how to check. Just remember the actual servo figure and add about 15 into either direction. Hit the send tab! If you don't see the arm move now. Something is wrong. If it does move, simply reduce the figure back to what it was. And continue until your swash is level to the swash level tool.
Okay, the movement will be seen when I hit the send tab (button) ? My experience with BeastX and zyx were: servo arms moved while I changed the trim values at the same time.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, usually when you hit the send tab you will see the servo arm jump slightly. Especially with fast servos. Mine pops the swash level tool on my larger helis when I do it.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Yeah, usually when you hit the send tab you will see the servo arm jump slightly. Especially with fast servos. Mine pops the swash level tool on my larger helis when I do it.
Great, thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 nothing happens until you hit send. You will also notice if you change any value the send button will turn blue to indicate there are unsaved / unsent changes.
* Futaba 14SG
Arcturus97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus97 View Post
+1 nothing happens until you hit send. You will also notice if you change any value the send button will turn blue to indicate there are unsaved / unsent changes.
Understand now. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in