Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

View Poll Results: How many flights do your motors last?
<25 33 18.44%
25-50 46 25.70%
50-75 31 17.32%
75-100 36 20.11%
100-200 18 10.06%
200+ 15 8.38%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Third motor down... Less than 50 flights with lots of lubrication.
Just ordered 4 more hoping they will be better
It is such a pity because I absolutely love the way this little thing performs.

Last edited by qntt; 03-05-2013 at 01:53 PM..
qntt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't have to lube it, it's an oilite bushing. My first motor started dying pretty soon after I lightly oiled mine, before I knew better. May be coincidence, but I would leave it alone.

First motor for me was 59 flights, second felt like it lost power the other day at 98 flights. I'm not convinced yet that it wasn't something else. I'm on my 3rd, hasn't quite broken in yet. I did 2 break in packs and hovered 3 packs so far and it has the same amount of power as number 2. Going to try to get it sorted out today so I can take it to the indoor fly-in in the morning.

I'm thinking about getting a mild BL kit. Only thing holding me back is I never know when they are in stock and they seem to sell out within 24 hours.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #103 (permalink)

My two Nanos have over 200 flights each. Main motors still like new. In one of them after around 100 flights I have changed motor to see if there is any difference in power. I did not notice any difference.

My secret is I was flying with mSR blades and now with Align 100 blades which are much better and I fly mainly in normal mode.

Outdoor flips&rolls are easy with asymmetric blades. Only sacrifice is inability to fly inverted. I can live with that. Advantages in stability, precision of control, flight times up to 8 minutes, increased crash resistance are worth it.

Check this: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=481746&page=6

Whole thread can be helpful: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=481746

I do recommend RKH alu swash plate, Align 100 main blades, FBL 100 canopy and spare tail motors and tail rotor from Solo Pro V2 and sylicone orings for Nano. All other parts stock.
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first motor lasted about 40-50 flights my second one only lasted about twenty. Not too happy at 12.00 for new motor. We'll see on number three.
Jessman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had one drop down to an unusably low level of power at 70 packs. One of my packs wasn't able to spool it anymore but the rest could. This was with full cool downs between flights.
Dustin Mustangs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex4R View Post
You don't have to lube it, it's an oilite bushing. My first motor started dying pretty soon after I lightly oiled mine, before I knew better. May be coincidence, but I would leave it alone.

First motor for me was 59 flights, second felt like it lost power the other day at 98 flights. I'm not convinced yet that it wasn't something else. I'm on my 3rd, hasn't quite broken in yet. I did 2 break in packs and hovered 3 packs so far and it has the same amount of power as number 2. Going to try to get it sorted out today so I can take it to the indoor fly-in in the morning.

I'm thinking about getting a mild BL kit. Only thing holding me back is I never know when they are in stock and they seem to sell out within 24 hours.
I know you don't have to lube the motor. It was an experiment to see if it makes any difference. It doesn't!

Love the Nano hate the motor! After a few weeks of waiting tomorrow I will receive 4 spares and I hope HH made some quality improvements. Yes... I am one of those not very smart optimists.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

gone kaput on 67th pack
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flights per motor

I have about 175-200 flights on original motor and seems to be going strong.I always let it cool 5 mins. between flights.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in