Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post

Hope this helps guys. About 4mm of clearance with 600/95s on a DFC head. Thats nearly 6mm of overlap with 105mm.

If it were me...I would not risk it guys

Where can I find the parameter on how much a blade is prone to flex. How do you calculate this? What is the practical math to do so?
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's nothing practical about it. You could start with cantilever beam calculations. But finding the K of a blade would be fun. Given that they're three or four materials sandwhiched together. You could get it by testing, hanging weight on the end and measuring deflection.

Now...after that, the question is, how likely is it that the cantilever beam equations apply to a blade in flight? I think they'll be close. Except instead of point loads you have distributed loads. Then account for the fact that blade flex isn't going to happen at zero pitch. Im not sure that the lift generated will be perpendicular to the blade axis, and lead/lag...and a blade isn't a uniform beam, so really you should calculate the second area moment.

I mean long story short I'm not even gonna try. Suffice to say, for me, if the circles overlap I won't fly it. If someone wants to put their blade over the boom and push down towards the boom, and tell me how many mm it deflects, I'd be happy to draw it in and see what we get
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 09:05 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found a way to be happy and trust a little smack 3D at 2200 rpm with 600mm blades and 95mm tail blades.

I set the 750mx motor timing to zero. (more usable power/less governor kick) and then cranked up the Rudder I gain as high as humanly possible, along with a tight governor gain and Rudder P gain.

Then set the collective pitch to 11 degrees for Idle 1. This allowed 2200 rpm smack with entrusting tail authority (soft baby smacks). I was even smacking it right off the ground after a little while. If you try to use too much CP at this RPM... I notice the tail gets more problematic. I think it might handle up to 12* or so... but I had problems at 13*.

Felt great, flew great. I trusted it. But I'd probably never try to go below 2200.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 09:23 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last time I played with gov gains .... I ended up with a stripped gear mid flight and a bad crash
cbrkhan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

The old 750mx is a sensitive beast is it not? Last time I played with V curves, I put a hurting on my drivetrain gears.

The 0 timing on this motor helps out so much. I recently made a separate thread all about it.

What really helped the tail most at 2200 rpm was the CP. Trying to scoop too much air at once just really yanks the tail at this rpm. I mean it sounds looooow. As low as I'd ever wanna go with this tank of helicopter.

I always check my TT gears when I get home with a flashlight.. and so far the CC governor has kept this motor in check with 0 timing, 12 pwm, about 14 gov gain. Massive torque band and big broad peaks of output power.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:01 AM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
...I mean long story short I'm not even gonna try. Suffice to say, for me, if the circles overlap I won't fly it.
+1. I see what you mean; thank you for your clarification.
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the computer program estimate is quite right. If you look at the damaged blades and how far the tail rotor dug in- looks like about 4-6mm. Hard to tell exactly of course where it stops... but I mean I've seen enough.

Last edited by RC/DC_5000; 05-19-2015 at 01:21 PM..
Old 05-23-2015, 12:57 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a 99.975% success rate running 105 tails and 600 mains.
If you count the last ~300 flights, it was 100%.
I believe the geometry, but it is a bit hard to argue with results.
Setup was 105 Align tails, 603 Edge mains, 2250 RPM, super tight blade bolts, hard dampers, and beat-the-shit-out-of-it flying style (actual skill not implied).

The one strike I did had was not realized until I landed due to odd noise. Mains were fine, tails looked like pic shown previously in this thread. Flew my 2nd pack anyways. But I fly at home so no risk to others.
teshreve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2015, 01:36 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there any widder chord tail blades for our heli? That could be equivalent to getting longer ones in terms of thrust isnt it?
Old 05-23-2015, 02:20 AM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's only a few hours work to do a mild stretch using 700 tail boom, 700 TT and 700 pushrod.
Or the 'Ghetto' solution for running 105 tails is to slide the boom about 8-10mm back out of the mount, drill a new locating hole in the boom, and add a small spacer (e.g a suitably sided nut or similar) to fit in the drive socket at each end of the TT to stop it floating.

I chose the 'proper' stretch option and made it long enough to take 623mm Edge blades plus the 105mm tails.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:31 PM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

I joined align's FB page .... In their new posts they don't even mention 600 while every other model is being talked about and updated

Is align letting 600 go? I would hate to see that happen .... I have been waiting for them to upgrade 600 for too long now
Old 03-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkhan View Post
I joined align's FB page .... In their new posts they don't even mention 600 while every other model is being talked about and updated

Is align letting 600 go? I would hate to see that happen .... I have been waiting for them to upgrade 600 for too long now
No love for 600 here as well ..... I hoped someone with some insight may reply
Old 03-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Unfortunately the 600 is probably looked down on by Align and you can clearly see it by the lack of upgrades on this model. This frame design is old by now yet every other model from Align has received a new remake with proper geometry. Despite all this, I still enjoy mine especially after the motor upgrade. I have fixed almost all the flaws that bothered me on this model including blow outs, tail gears stripping and frame flexing. As long as Align keeps the parts supply to a good level I will be happy.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli.Maniac View Post
Unfortunately the 600 is probably looked down on by Align and you can clearly see it by the lack of upgrades on this model. This frame design is old by now yet every other model from Align has received a new remake with proper geometry. Despite all this, I still enjoy mine especially after the motor upgrade. I have fixed almost all the flaws that bothered me on this model including blow outs, tail gears stripping and frame flexing. As long as Align keeps the parts supply to a good level I will be happy.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the machine and that is why I am hoping align would keep it alive and upgrade along with other helis

for now, I guess I am going to get the new 550 and stretch to 600
Old 03-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkhan View Post
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the machine and that is why I am hoping align would keep it alive and upgrade along with other helis

for now, I guess I am going to get the new 550 and stretch to 600
FWIW, there are other companies that make 600 size helis. I know that every time I fly a Logo 600 it puts a big smile on my face. Only doubt I would have about a 550 stretch is fitting a 12S setup in the dominator frame. I don't know if they accounted for the bigger battery size when they were designing it. Other than that, the 550 shares head and tail with the 600 so it will be a very easy swap.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New 600 Dominator

I have a logo 600 ..... But I still want a Align 600 again

So, I have been around the block with Helis and tried a lot of makes ... I have settled on Align's and Logos for now .... They both make really good Helis ...

I dread crashing my logo ... Frames always go ... Align has always been quicker to get back in air .. That is why I want one again so that I can fly carelessly

Last edited by cbrkhan; 03-07-2016 at 10:35 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in