Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post NX4 - Wiring an external Governor to your Mini V-bar

So whilst I was helping Jeremy finish up the electronic setup of his Gaui NX4 yesterday morning, it became apparent to us that we were not immediately able to setup the governor gain with his intended wiring configuration.

We have the Mini V-bar bound using Spektrum satellites, in this configuration, RxA is not used at all, its disabled pretty much.

Using a 2x RX pack straight into the Mini (we had HV BLS servos all round), this battery took up RxC.
RxB HAD to be used for throttle, leaving us with only RxA available.

I did a bit of googling on how we could use RxA as our governor gain, and stumbled upon this website (http://www.66pacific.com/vbar_extra_channel.aspx) which explains on how to access this as an extra channel.

So, we had the heli setup and ready to fly...

1) Connect it to the V-bar software and save the ".vbr" configuration file to the PC.
2) Open notepad, and then go and open this ".vbr" file in it.
3) Do a CTRL+F for "216".
4) Change the number "1" just to the right of it to "4" (which corresponds to channel 5 for Gov / Gain / etc).
5) Save the notepad document
6) Go back to the V-bar software and re-load the modified file back into your V-bar.
7) Do a test by toggling your switch to make sure it changes your governor to "on" as you would expect it to do.
8) Take the heli out and go test it.

Now, if you're using a CCPM reg and powering your Mini V-bar via all the cyclic servos, then you don't need to do this, just use RxC as your governor and away you go. I'm sure if you're a Futaba user and you've got your neat little 6203SB on there, then you won't have to do this either because you've already got some spare channels you can use there.

I'm also not sure if the Gaui Mini V-bar requires the same tweaks for it to work, I would think it would - I'll get that confirmed later this week anyway.
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

HUGE thank you, for this,

I did this mod to the file and was able to hook the switch and glow up to this channel,

there is 2 other wires that might be other channels, maybe I could use another signal wire for the GOV,

does anyone know what other 2 ( VALUE Register="???" ) is the other two signals ?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wanted to give an update with the registry mod.
got 3 flights on it today, no weirdness, everything worked including my Aux2 switch for the glow.
now to figure out how to get some more channels, I think this mini-v is a 9 channel receiver.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytron View Post
I'm also not sure if the Gaui Mini V-bar requires the same tweaks for it to work, I would think it would - I'll get that confirmed later this week anyway.
Hi there I have the gaui mini vbar and i just wander how do you actually open the vbr on the notepad. And if we can also tweak the vbr config using your system
aceguintu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

You open Notepad, and go File > Open... then locate the file and open it.

Not sure what you mean by the second part of your question, but yes, once you re-load the vbr file you can still adjust it in the Vbar software as normal
Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

After you have configured RxA am I safe to assume the you put the servo wire of the governor to this channel. Thanks bro.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

With the Gaui Gov, the lead for headspeed control has just a single signal wire (there is no red/black wires for power). As long as you are not trying to put power through the other two pins, you should be fine.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytron View Post
With the Gaui Gov, the lead for headspeed control has just a single signal wire (there is no red/black wires for power). As long as you are not trying to put power through the other two pins, you should be fine.
Also RX A is not on the power Bus so you can't put power or pull power through it.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

At Timmytron yes I am seriously considering gaui governor. I have atg and it will only go as high as 2200 hs. the wiring for this governor the single lead goes tho the RxA ( but is it AFTER you assigned it as an aux channel fir gov gain or CAN it be used without modification or changing the vbr file in it) the other lead for the throttle would be Rxb and RxC would be for your power supply for sevos.

At Matt thanks I did find that out recently so it's all signal lead do if I had tm 1000 then just put signal lead and provide power either from the satellite ports or a y harness from one of the Rx b or c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would this work for a Vbar transmitter?
Old 01-31-2015, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, I emailed Rainer to see if it could be done. He advised me that this is no longer possible since 6.0. He said just go with a full sized vbar and use the vbar gov.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	566444  
Old 01-31-2015, 08:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

im sure he would want you to use a 300 dollar full size over the mini Vbar. Reasons like this keep me away from vbar.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The mini vbar isn't designed for nitro, it can be used but has its limitations. The full size also allows you to isolate the gyro and has a port for a nitro gov. Either way V5.3 there was a mod to get a spare channel to use for a nitro gov, this option is gone with 6.0.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

some how the other manufactures seem to pack all that tech into a single mini v sized unit...
Old 02-03-2015, 07:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

why dont you use an IKon? aren't you on team IKon...?

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToFly1 View Post
why dont you use an IKon? aren't you on team IKon...?
I do run all ikons. Someone who wanted to buy my Nx4 and run a miniv with the vbar controller. But someone else picked it up instead.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried to do this mod with no success. I wonder if my wiring is right. I get the single yellow lead from the governor plugged to the bottom pin of RxA and the other gov connector to RxB. There are no other leads in RxA. RxC is just for the power supply, Ch1..3 are swashplate servos, RD is the tail servo. Looks like a fairly standard thing but who knows...
ihamsa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihamsa View Post
I have tried to do this mod with no success. I wonder if my wiring is right. I get the single yellow lead from the governor plugged to the bottom pin of RxA and the other gov connector to RxB. There are no other leads in RxA. RxC is just for the power supply, Ch1..3 are swashplate servos, RD is the tail servo. Looks like a fairly standard thing but who knows...

I just use a receiver with the gaui governor and it works great. I tried to figure it out in the beginning and couldn't get it to work. I had a spare 7 channel receiver so I used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tommytt1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in