Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem with PART AVAILABILITY with TRex 800 PRO (and 700 PRO for that matter)

Ok, so i finally decided to go get the 800 PRO DFC (quite some time ago) and now i need a part and cannot find it

I have tried Assurance, nothing ..
I have tried The Align TRex Store, not there .. Tim T. replied - no shipment from Align yet.
I have tried Heli Direct, no luck .. Thank you Larry H for checking, the emails and the excellent customer support.
I have tried directly Align, nope .. Dino S. tried to help though.
I have even called the factory in Taiwan -- that was fun! And no .. it didn't happen.

So what i need (or to be honest, -I want-) is the Main Rotor Housing for the 800 PRO DFC model.
Now, i am aware that the piece from the older 700 DFC (NON PRO) or the Trekker model will work -- but that one does not have the zero-pitch lines on it and it also has "ALIGN 700 DFC" engraved on it.

I want the exact same part that comes with the one i bought. And when you pay about $2000 for a kit, is it really too much to ask for part availability and customer support?

What do you guys think? Have you crashed your 800 Pro (yet)? .. how about using 700 parts on it for repairs? Sure, that works but -why- not have parts for a helicopter that has been out in the market for months already and costs quite a bit?

I did not go with the Logo 800 XXtreme because there was only one distributor in the US and was thinking that part scarcity may be an issue .. hm .. makes me wonder now if i chose the right 800 heli.

This is the part i am looking for (below) --- If anyone has one for the Pro models with only "ALIGN DFC" engraved on it, please let me know. I will buy it from you for twice the retail price & pay for shipping.

Last edited by 3DAP; 11-19-2013 at 08:36 AM..
3DAP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, 3Dap.

When I need to change my rotor grip arms
http://www.aligntrexstore.com/700DFC...5-_p_1948.html
I could only get the ones above with 700 on them.

Kind of annoying really.
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry to hear that but also glad i am not the only one here being kind of annoyed by this!
Can ALIGN make some parts for their 700 PRO and 800 PRO customers -PRETTY PLEASE- ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkievan View Post
I agree, 3Dap.

When I need to change my rotor grip arms
http://www.aligntrexstore.com/700DFC...5-_p_1948.html
I could only get the ones above with 700 on them.

Kind of annoying really.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

doesn't the 800 pro and 700 pro use the exact same head?

are you looking for the head block that has the 0 deg pitch marks on them?

i know this is not what your looking for but i was needing some blade grips with the 0 deg marks and everywhere i called "all the places you called" and they told me they were not out yet, so i just went ahead and bought some of these: http://www.aligntrexstore.com/700-Ne...16-_p_888.html thinking they were the old v3 style, and sure enough they were the right ones with the marks so idk how this would help i just wanted to tell someone lol

isnt that picture you have the correct one tho? this isnt is what your wanting? http://www.aligntrexstore.com/700DFC...1-_p_1942.html
TREX 700E PRO DFC w/AR7200BX
songer121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes they are the same part the point is that he doesn't want it to say 700 on the rotor head
Old 11-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
yes they are the same part the point is that he doesn't want it to say 700 on the rotor head
Hi Dino,

Any chance of talking to the 'powers that be' at Align to see if there can be the option of either non-marked components or specific 800dfc?

I'm the same as 3dap, having this beautiful 800 sitting there with 700dfc all over the head is annoying.
You know how we Heli lot are for detail ;-)

Kinda like havin an Audi RS4 with S4 badges all over it........
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Songer121 .. yes, the older parts have "ALIGN 700 DFC" engraved on them and do not have the "zero-pitch" on them. The new parts (obviously) do, and are not marked "700"

Beyond that, they are the same (even the same part number). But if you are a helifreak .. maybe you want the same part that comes with the 800, not just something that works. My 800 is not exactly a beater heli, and i kinda want it to look nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songer121 View Post
doesn't the 800 pro and 700 pro use the exact same head?
are you looking for the head block that has the 0 deg pitch marks on them?
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exactly Bonkievan,
And as far as i know -- the 700 specific parts are phased out and in the future only "ALIGN DFC" will be available. Hopefully near future. Smart move not to differentiate parts that work across platforms, right? Why not?
I have a 700 Pro and an 800 Pro and they both came with the same head assembly without any numbers on either of them. The parts exist, we just can't get any (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkievan View Post
Hi Dino,
Any chance of talking to the 'powers that be' at Align to see if there can be the option of either non-marked components or specific 800dfc?

I'm the same as 3dap, having this beautiful 800 sitting there with 700dfc all over the head is annoying. You know how we Heli lot are for detail ;-)

Kinda like havin an Audi RS4 with S4 badges all over it........
Old 12-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Good news

Problem does not exist.

According to Align's "partfinder" T-Rex 800 is using part No H70091 same as T-Rex 700.

http://shop.align.com.tw/partfinder....mapping=PART27

So look for H70091 type in Google "H70091 price"

There is also cheap clone replacement:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...286301645.html
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not really looking for a substitute or a clone part .. but thanks

The problem is not that i cannot find a part that works .. and the fact that you are posting a link to an Align clone basically tells me that we are totally NOT on the same page here

Thank you for the links and for your help, i do appreciate it, but i am not looking for a clone cheaper alternative or any other Align part that may work just fine, i am looking for the exact same thing that came with my 800 PRO kit and it's still not out there.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thank you

I understand. I just wanted to provide comprehensive answer.

One more clue:

On this diagram click number (82):

I am afraid this is all you can get...

Clone part from Gartt is made of 7075 aluminium. I am sorry link does not work, I can not edit earlier post.

Freeshipping GARTT GT700 Main Rotor Head Set Fits Align Trex 700 RC Helicopter US $11.38
GARTT-RC factory OUTLET
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks bud .. I am waiting for new shipment. Tim from The TRex store and Larry from HeliDirect will hook me up when that comes. For now, yes, you are right - that's all we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
Thank you

I understand. I just wanted to provide comprehensive answer.

One more clue:

On this diagram click number (82):

I am afraid this is all you can get...

Clone part from Gartt is made of 7075 aluminium. I am sorry link does not work, I can not edit earlier post.

Freeshipping GARTT GT700 Main Rotor Head Set Fits Align Trex 700 RC Helicopter US $11.38
GARTT-RC factory OUTLET
Old 01-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem with PART AVAILABILITY with TRex 800 PRO (and 700 PRO for that matter)

New trex 700 pro DFC has the lines and is the same part

TS3D#1
NanoCPX, TREX550 PRO DFC,
TREX700 PRO DFC HV, DX8
Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up So here is the conclusion of this story ..

So this thread started in Nov. 2013 (a couple of months after i started looking for this).. it is now March 2014 and i have just received the exact same part for my 800 DFC Pro HV !

To the previous post -- yes, i know they come with it, and yes they use the same part number (which makes it impossible to tell them apart using the number alone and very hard to explain what you need and why!) but either way, i could never only get the part to replace mine.

Anyway, Tim Terrones received a shipment of new main blade grip holders and low and behold -- it was the new part with no 700 on it and the zero pitch lines engraved !

He actualy -remembered- that i was looking for one and he sent me a message on how to get it. Tim you are the man and thank you !
I have just received it and all is good again ..

Thanks to everyone for their posts -- fly safe and enjoy

Last edited by 3DAP; 03-17-2014 at 01:13 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in