Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw this fly at the Helifreak Funfly and the Compass pilots made it look unreal. Was not in the market for a 450 size at all till I saw it. Sold a heli to make room!
ccnada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I likey!
rdlohr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im wondering about the battery getting destroyed in a crash. Most my crashes happen right where the battery cables exit on the front. This looks really vulnerable.

Like its begging to get taco'ed. I guess thats about the only place you can cram a battery in the thing , though.

You guys better be stocking up on batteries during the black friday sales. I think you are really gonna be needing them.

The design is incredible and simple. Not the same ole same ole.

Flying..... Into the wild blue yonder
burhay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've seen the prototypes crash in videos, in some of them, the pilot (Caleb was in one of them I think) simply inspected it, set it back down, and kept flying ....

I don't think the packs are nearly as vulnerable as they seem thanks to the way the landing gear and radio/battery tray are designed ... that said, it's going to depend on your equipment partly as well.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well I dont get it

a cc ice 50, nice 6s motor and some 360mm blades and any 450 is there

ok it has a auto belt tentionor I have a torque tube.

Maybe it is lighter but I bet I can shave some off my 450 if I wanted to also
its a ALMOST 500 size 450, seriously

any the whole I seen the Compass pilots testing it and it was unreal

A pro pilot and make a HK look like the next best thing
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

This heli incorporates a significantly different design with a low parts count and robust platform VS the cookie cutter mold of almost all 450’s in the market today. I have one on order!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
Precisely, one will have the ability to layeth the smacketh down upon thine sky in a fashion hither to unknown in this realm of existence.
Man you crack me up!

I would like to test fly one, but, man...I just can't get over the look of it.
Mike2112 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by satgod View Post
well I dont get it

a cc ice 50, nice 6s motor and some 360mm blades and any 450 is there

ok it has a auto belt tentionor I have a torque tube.

Maybe it is lighter but I bet I can shave some off my 450 if I wanted to also
its a ALMOST 500 size 450, seriously
Oh contrare... No way man, you would need to stretch a typical 450 to run those blades... and then, while it will definately work well, it will not work as well, considering you are putting more stress on parts which were not designed for it.

Here, you have a thicker main shaft, thicker spindle, larger bearings, stiffer frame, and a more robust drive-train. So, that being said, it can be said that a stretched 450 is under-engineered, while this one is over-engineered.

I'm not trying to sell the warp here... I'm just saying, look carefully at the design and you will get it, even if you dont like it.

On to batteries... compare this heli to, say, a 450 Pro or sport (most popular 450's)... and tell me again how the batteries are less protected. Consider the fact that a third party had to design an 'anti taco' device for the said helis.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I see that the tail rotor is not driven by the main after the motor stops. I know the pros and cons of that, just find it unusual. Hopefully they have an option to change that later.
Gedexas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well... I won't lie. I am not a fan of 450s. And when compass announced it I questioned the sense in which they would put so much time and effort into an already incredibly crowded, highly competitive 450 market.

However, as the details have continued to come forward, and the designs have come to life (not just solid works models) it looks promising. It's not going to be a cheesy 450, but rather a fresh take on the segment, and an extremely high performing Heli. I'm still likely never going to own one, but it's nice to see something fresh in an align clone driven 450 market.

Compass models are pretty famous within those of us that have them to be of top notch quality, low parts count, and even in the ancient times before FBL controllers, the inherent stability, yet wild performance of the models is a balance few manufacturers seem to find.

It's exciting to see the attention compass has been getting lately with the 7HV and the Warp.

Quote:

I see that the tail rotor is not driven by the main after the motor stops. I know the pros and cons of that, just find it unusual. Hopefully they have an option to change that later.
This was a big deal in the compass forum when it was announced. But honestly, I've seen VERY few pilots successfully auto a 450 class (Ben Storick used to do this maneuver at the fun flies he attended) and even at that, they do not auto gracefully. I can't see this as a deal breaker to the vast majority of us who never have, nor likely would ever auto a 450 size. If I remember correctly, the older logos (not sure about the new version) also had a non driven auto tail. And I've never heard or talked to anyone that has a bad thing to say about Mikado helis.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My two outrage G5's (albeit old and discontinued) were engineered as 6S out of the gate, and other than the looks, was pretty similar to the other 450s i have had/seen. 6S itself isnt unique, but being designed that way from the ground up is somewhat rare and recent. It looks like its hitting shelves this month, and I will be eagerly watching for its reception. At some point Ill want/need to replace my "legacy" 450's and this is the only one that catches my eye.

The huge amount of support and question answering here on the forums is a huge plus in my book as well. Im watching this one closely
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

compass a few years ago came out with the "tracx"whats been tagged as the "dfc" head , now look ....
how many companies have followed.

now the warp.
its truly unique
Old 11-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spackermen View Post
Well... I won't lie. I am not a fan of 450s. And when compass announced it I questioned the sense in which they would put so much time and effort into an already incredibly crowded, highly competitive 450 market.

However, as the details have continued to come forward, and the designs have come to life (not just solid works models) it looks promising. It's not going to be a cheesy 450, but rather a fresh take on the segment, and an extremely high performing Heli. I'm still likely never going to own one, but it's nice to see something fresh in an align clone driven 450 market.

Compass models are pretty famous within those of us that have them to be of top notch quality, low parts count, and even in the ancient times before FBL controllers, the inherent stability, yet wild performance of the models is a balance few manufacturers seem to find.

It's exciting to see the attention compass has been getting lately with the 7HV and the Warp.

This was a big deal in the compass forum when it was announced. But honestly, I've seen VERY few pilots successfully auto a 450 class (Ben Storick used to do this maneuver at the fun flies he attended) and even at that, they do not auto gracefully. I can't see this as a deal breaker to the vast majority of us who never have, nor likely would ever auto a 450 size. If I remember correctly, the older logos (not sure about the new version) also had a non driven auto tail. And I've never heard or talked to anyone that has a bad thing to say about Mikado helis.
A 450 with 360 blades autos easy
Old 11-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, "mini" autos from 20 or 30 feet with either of my 360mm 450's is pretty graceful...less so if im the one doing it.

One thing to note with the Warp is that the tail isnt driven in an auto, so this might be a change for some, but i know i could adjust to it just fine with a bit of practice.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

To clarify, tail is not driven in autos but that does NOT mean you can't auto it (incase anyone thinks it does). When you flip th it takes the trouqe of the blades off and there is no need for the tail. Makes things super efficient. However its like flying in rate,the tail is just going to weather vain so if you need to turn you have to yank and bank. I know my rave 450 autoed REALLY well, the tt on it is one of the most efficient I've seen. So I expect the warp will auto awesome too, just can't really do much other then straight line and a turn or too. Only heli I've flown like this was the logo 400 and I never autoed it so can't say which is better. But just because the tail isn't driven don't let that turn you off.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, all of that. Thanks Lincoln, shouldnt be a deal breaker for anyone, just something to be aware of.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Agreed, the 450 class should have been 6s all along. 6s doubles the efficiency ratings, and it is not just about power.
I'm sorry but that is just wrong, if a BL motor is 75% efficient on 3S you are saying it is now 150% efficient on 6S? Bit silly no?

Doubling the voltage reduces resistive losses in the wiring and ESC (since 6S ESCs are identical to 3S ones in most cases these days) by a factor of 4. It has much less effect on the motor efficiency (that will stay around 75-85% regardless). Overall you can expect a modest improvement in efficiency and with that a little more flight time (or power), but nothing spectacular will come just from the change from 3S to 6S.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Doubling the efficiency from 75% should equal to 87.5, I think someone's math is wrong.
Gedexas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #39 (permalink)

With the 8.4:1 reduction the warp has...gonna need all the efficiency you can get....LMAO
helihaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, first rule of fight club, somebody's math is wrong. Efficiency,

xspare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in