Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355362414.546001.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	373727Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355362422.257072.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	373728Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355362431.484938.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	373729Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355362438.752718.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	373730Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355362445.419040.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	373731Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355362451.535820.jpg
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	373732
Sladex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sladex,

The first thing you need to change is you have the gyro set up on the wrong channel. You need to change it from Aux2 to the the "gear" channel on your Tx.

Matt
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh man, Sladex your tx setup is borked. Change the rudder end point, aka travel adjust, back to 100%. If you have the ball on the servo horn at 13mm from the center horn hole, you don't need 150% travel.

Change your FM Gyro channel to Gear.

On your monitor screen, you have sub trim set on Aileron, Elevator and Rudder. The fbl controller, ar7200 will see sub trim as pilot imput and try to correct it. This bad. Your Monitor screen should look like this. Zero subtrim. Good thing you didn't get it off the ground...

Velos 880/Sab Urukay, KSE, Carbon Speed/Mikado Uvular/RCA Blackshark/Chaos 500 Evo, 550, 600, 700/Trex 500, 600, 600 Pro, 700/Roban 470 Cobra, 700 Apache, Cobra, 429, Jayhawk, 800 Airwolf/TFM 800 Blue Thunder, Seahawk, Jayhawk/ DX8 DX18QQ
treotraveler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladex View Post
I know I was pissed off with them. I am not shopping there anymore. I don't have any close lhs though.
What are you talking about? There's tons of LHS in California. You need a mentor. I'll PM you a site link...
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

But if I don't have Subtrim it isn't centered. Do I have to re center all over again?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
But if I don't have Subtrim it isn't centered. Do I have to re center all over again?
You center the servo's with the AR7200BX controller not the TX. Read the manual.
AMA #1039539
Old 12-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj74 View Post
You center the servo's with the AR7200BX controller not the TX. Read the manual.
I know. But it took me a while to get it right. Oh well
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sladex

Subtrim is not where you center your servos in a AR7200bx. I really think you need to read the 7200bx manual from start to finish. I don't believe you have done that by the sound of your questions. If you have, then you would know that you center your servos in setup menu G (page 13 in the manual)

IMO people don't mind helping you but you must first help yourself by taking the time to read manuals, that way you can ask some more intelligent questions and people will then know you are trying to help yourself and more likely to help.

Not trying to sound harsh as we all have questions when starting out. I have only been flying for a year and I learn stuff everyday from fellow heli freaks!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here you go and watch every video. People here are trying to help you. Don't do what you think is right. We have all gone down that road where you are just now coming up on. TX pretty much should be in default settings except for setting up swash type and later the gyro settings. Once everything is done then mess with the pitch and throttle curves but endpoints should be at default settings and sub trims at zero. Messing with the settings confuses the controller making it think it is stick movement which makes unstable flight. This isn't a flybar heli...completely different in setup.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=268460
AMA #1039539
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now we're getting somewhere hopefully, Sladex

I know you said you've taken a lot of time setting up, or so you thought but you need to 'back the truck up' and start from the very beginning, no matter how annoyed you are.

1) Sit down and read some manuals on your equipment to get a 'gist' of what is required.
2) Cancel your settings in your Tx and start with defaults and new model.

Now by the sounds of things, you need to mechanically setup your Heli again too. Manuals and YouTube are your friends. Then once everything is 90'd, level etc and only then...

3) Start working your way through the setup procedure.
3) Dont rush. Even if you think your doing it right, check manual to be sure.
4) Don't skip any procedures, even if it seems there's no point.
5) Get stuck? Manual.
6) Still bamboozled? Helifreak

And yes we're here to help but like the other poster said 'you've got to help yourself first'

All these things may seem like a chore, however this is a fundamental part of flying helis. Once you get the hang of this, it actually becomes rather enjoyable
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

I re did it all. It should work now.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8 Book

Sladex,
Although I haven't started to build my TREX 700 E DFC HV 3GX 3.0 Super Combo, kit as of yet.
I'm waiting for the new TT bits to arrive...

Ah, but I'd like to recommend a book I'm also currently waiting for.

The Ultimate Guide To The Spektrum DX8 by Chuck Bassani

I know there will be much helpful info in there for anyone wanting it all in one place.
Yes, you could search out the pertinent information here on HF and with many multiple hrs on the web. But as a reference, it's awesome, and complete.
& with updated material, in its third edition..

Only very best wishes.

Chas
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5
ChasCS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Famous last words.......

Fingers crossed xxxx
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
In less than 2 hrs? Did you even watch any of those videos?
AMA #1039539
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj74 View Post
In less than 2 hrs? Did you even watch any of those videos?
I was actually redoing it all yesterday . I have watched a few of them.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sladex,

I've been reading all of your posts, and while I know you are a young dude, I feel like you need to listen very carefully to what you are reading here. Let me tell you what I like about RC Helicopters.. I like the fact that unless you are obsessive/compulsive about setting them up, they WILL NOT FLY. If they are not perfect (for the most part) they will NOT FLY.

I may be wrong in reading into your posts. But what I hear you saying is not "This heli is perfect in every way" but more along the lines of "I think I got it good enough"..

The subtrim issue only shows that you didn't read the manual. YOU MUST READ it and UNDERSTAND it.. if you don't. Read it until you do. I'm wondering what other things are lurking on that helicopter that are due to just not FULLY understanding the manual? I'm thinking of the pics of your battery harness the other day.. Again, you had someone else do it, and you "hope that it was good enough".. Who KNOWS what's going on under those levels of electrical tape!

So please don't take this the wrong way.. You didn't buy a "AirHog" helicopter. It is a serious machine, that will decapitate you if you give it the opportunity to do so. Each time I maiden a heli, I KNOW that it will fly, and that it will fly well. If i dork up a part, and I am not 100 percent confident in it.. It goes in the trash. Period.

Please, re-read your manual. Re Read the beast X manual.. Sometimes it takes a few times through.. You'll get this, but you can't do it by gong out side and "hoping it all goes well"..

Respectfully,

GD
Geardaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let me put this bluntly and don't take this wrong...what you did yesterday is useless today. Once you reset your remote and gets trims back to zero your back at ground zero. You have to re-setup the controller, get the controller setup so that your servo's are centered, re-setup again to have zero pitch at 50% stick then finalize settings on both the controller and TX. Even myself that i have done this many of times takes me 2 hours. I don't see you doing it correctly in that amount of time. Don't fly it...my advise to you and trust me on this. You are not grasping the concept of proper setup at all and taking the short cut way and not learning the correct process of initial setup. It will not fly right...I'm sorry. These are precision machines and one thing wrong will either have sever consequences or hurt yourself if not worse. Please put that thing on the shelf and learn everything that has to be learned about setting up mechanically which includes reading and watching all the info from beginning to end on proper setup of the BeastX and mechanical setup. I cannot stress this enough to be patient and go through all the steps then re-check 3 times if you have to.
AMA #1039539
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Did you reset tx rudder end points, aka travel adjustment back to 100%. Did you set up ar7200 menu setup step "E" rudder end points, ar7200 menu setup step "F" rudder sensor direction?

Did you change the FM Gyro channel to Gear, so that gyro gain will work, and sensor direction will work?

Did you set tx subtrims back to zero, and then use ar7200 setup menu step "G" to center your servos?

Could you post another picture of your current monitor screen?
Velos 880/Sab Urukay, KSE, Carbon Speed/Mikado Uvular/RCA Blackshark/Chaos 500 Evo, 550, 600, 700/Trex 500, 600, 600 Pro, 700/Roban 470 Cobra, 700 Apache, Cobra, 429, Jayhawk, 800 Airwolf/TFM 800 Blue Thunder, Seahawk, Jayhawk/ DX8 DX18QQ
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
Did you reset tx rudder end points, aka travel adjustment back to 100%. Did you set up ar7200 menu setup step "E" rudder end points, ar7200 menu setup step "F" rudder sensor direction?

Did you change the FM Gyro channel to Gear, so that gyro gain will work, and sensor direction will work?

Did you set tx subtrims back to zero, and then use ar7200 setup menu step "G" to center your servos?

Could you post another picture of your current monitor screen?
Yeah . Done everything bit I am having trouble with step E and F. I can't get the rudder to move during step e.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah . Done everything bit I am having trouble with step E and F. I can't get the rudder to move during step e.
Are you in setup menu "E" or parameter menu "E"? You need to be in setup menu "E".

Did you read, and completely understand step "E"? When doing step "E" you move the rudder stick in each direction to set the end point, per the manual, so that there is no binding. If you get no rudder servo movement, when moving the rudder stick, you have something wrong.

You need to have a skilled heli pilot look at everything, heli, wiring, electronics, and transmitter....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in