Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those "Rotortech" 350's linked have to be clones, they're $45 everywhere else.

I wish the Lynx would come in stock soon. I am stretching my 450 with the Devil Fast 480 kit (the 450 Devil canopy didn't play nicely with my 6S packs) and wanna try a set of longer blades. In the description of the 480 it says it runs 325-360 blades so I'm sure the Thunder Power blades I've got now will work (slightly longer than 325) so at least I'm not stuck with short blades.
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone that's using the $6 HK blades throw up a link? I checked out their site and the only ones that I see are the red and white 360mm ones. Just want to make sure these are the ones that people are pleasantly surprised by before picking up a couple sets to try, thanks!!
syn90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
Those "Rotortech" 350's linked have to be clones, they're $45 everywhere else.

I wish the Lynx would come in stock soon. I am stretching my 450 with the Devil Fast 480 kit (the 450 Devil canopy didn't play nicely with my 6S packs) and wanna try a set of longer blades. In the description of the 480 it says it runs 325-360 blades so I'm sure the Thunder Power blades I've got now will work (slightly longer than 325) so at least I'm not stuck with short blades.
The link that was given is for a site that is run by the US Importer for RotorTech (same people that run Century Helicopters). I hope they aren't selling clones. Guess we'll find out!

The Devil 'FAST' 480 kit was shipping with 360mm ALZRC blades. The Devil 480 'RIGID' conversion kit doesn't though. So if you ordered the FAST kit then it should show up with some 360's for you.
radu7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered the canopy, boom, TT and control rod. I've got the frame from the 450 Fast and the pics of the 480 look almost identical except te AR bracket/gyro mount. Should be a simple switching of canopy and tail. I don't trust their stuff enough to order any parts that require precision to keep the heli flying. The fitment of their frame was enough to tell me their components are probably a crapshoot. I just can't imagine they're real for 1/4 the normal price for the blades.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
I just ordered the canopy, boom, TT and control rod. I've got the frame from the 450 Fast and the pics of the 480 look almost identical except te AR bracket/gyro mount. Should be a simple switching of canopy and tail. I don't trust their stuff enough to order any parts that require precision to keep the heli flying. The fitment of their frame was enough to tell me their components are probably a crapshoot. I just can't imagine they're real for 1/4 the normal price for the blades.
You should be all set for that conversion then. I hope it all goes together smoothly for you. I've got one of those kits that I'll start on when I finish my Warp build. So far everything in the kit 'looks' OK. Had issues getting a canopy that wasn't cracked right out of the box with it though. Hoping that is the only issue I have with that one...

I ordered a set of those blades so I'll report back when I get them. Although I've never owned a set of rotortech blades so I may not know the difference unless these show up looking bad and are really flexy.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered 2 sets of rotortechs,i cant see them being clones ,i looked up the part # they had and there made by century rototech.I was looking at the rest of the sizes they had but there all normal price ,would of been nice if they had some 600mm for $20
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Someone posted these and I bought them ($35 shipped for 7). I had a tip on my warp and the original compass blades got hacked pretty bad. IMHO, the compass ones seem kinda flexy and cheap.

I personally think the ebays ones are stiffer. They are 5 grams heavier per blade than stock. Probably have a bit more bite. I haven't flown them much, but they fly fine. They are most certainly blemis however.

Are they clones of someone? I don't know, and really don't care. I do know I won't buy the Compass Warp blades. But I do like all the other Compass blades.

Diviner Gregg

FPV Racing Channel . . . new episode every other Friday
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn90 View Post
Can someone that's using the $6 HK blades throw up a link? I checked out their site and the only ones that I see are the red and white 360mm ones. Just want to make sure these are the ones that people are pleasantly surprised by before picking up a couple sets to try, thanks!!
Don't have a link but there the only b/r 360mm blades listed for around $6 ea.I bought 4 sets and have been flying them for 1year with no probems.
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright, you've talked me into it. At $16 shipped its worth a shot.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diviner View Post
Someone posted these and I bought them ($35 shipped for 7). I had a tip on my warp and the original compass blades got hacked pretty bad. IMHO, the compass ones seem kinda flexy and cheap.

I personally think the ebays ones are stiffer. They are 5 grams heavier per blade than stock. Probably have a bit more bite. I haven't flown them much, but they fly fine. They are most certainly blemis however.

Are they clones of someone? I don't know, and really don't care. I do know I won't buy the Compass Warp blades. But I do like all the other Compass blades.
I got some of the same ones a while back. I agree on them being blemis. The ones I got also didn't look exactly like the photo on ebay, but had the sort of angular tip like the rotortechs. Should make good 'beater' blades though as they feel solid. I compared them to some ALZRC 360mm FBL blades and they look to be from the same mould.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I ended up buying 2 sets of the rotortechs, $26 shipped for 2 sets of brand name 350's, can't pass it up. Still not sure how they are selling them so cheap
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

i also ordered 2, figured it's worth the risk. I'm pretty sure that the stocks are rotortechs, they have the same shape
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off, those are REAL blades. Unless they've started cloning the packaging and the little reflective sticker built into the blade. I ordered 2 sets a month ago and got them within a few days.

Secondly, flight characteristics. These blades are wicked responsive. Their stability is a bit less than Edge 353's. The weight, going off experience since I can't find my scale atm, is probably around 27-29 grams. Overall, these are the blades I would use if I wanted to smack the helicopter around, with not much Big Air.

Sorry if the message sounds weird, I'm sick and tired.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

good find ,should of got 4 sets ,awsome deal,score of the day
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachur779 View Post
good find ,should of got 4 sets ,awsome deal,score of the day
I got 4 -
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
Woops. Sorry Rob. Got some solartec film from gliders on there! Just back from the cut outs at the edges.
Okay. Thanks. I was thinking of something along those lines. Maybe in my area, I could get some Monokote or similar. They make Monokote Trim sheets in white, which is self adhesive, and no thicker than the heat applied film.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered 2 sets! What a deal! Thx for the find.
ccnada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

From where?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
From where?
Link from page 1 of this thread. Can't pass 78% off!

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=8512

Wow, they are sold out now. I was able to get an order ID this morning so hopefully I squeaked in there...
ccnada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was why I asked. They were sold out when I checked just before you indicated you had placed an order. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in