Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Having flown nitro for two full years, minor imbalances in CG don't bother me at all. With nitro, the first half of the flight the heli is tail heavy. The second half of the flight the heli is nose heavy. As you said Rob, I couldn't tell a difference in flight.

Sure I wish my battery sat in the middle of the tray so I could use both straps on it, but it doesn't. But when the canopy is on and my heli is flying, the furthest thing from my mind is the location of the battery.
That's a great point Bob O. I've all but forgotten my former days of smoke and oil residue. The CoG was always shifting on those birds. Never saw a nitro model with the fuel cell centered on the CoG. Agreed. Wasn't really receiveable difference as you said.
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

guys when you only have 350mm blades this stuff matters a lot more. to put this into perspective this difference would be roughly 500g of dead weight on a 700 size bird, now your not telling me that is insignificant. go shove 500g on your 700's and come back :-)

cheers
raptorheli2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default warp CG

I'm not flying FC3 but smacking it around. It that case I cannot feel any weird fly characteristics from the COG.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

another downplaying game has begun

BLHeli with locator beacon now!
honkytown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytown View Post
another downplaying game has begun

thanks for your very very informative and constructive post.

cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

With all the talk on CG I actually tested mine again, and again and its fine. Heli sits horizontal.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
With all the talk on CG I actually tested mine again, and again and its fine. Heli sits horizontal.
if you hold it exactly as per my video and it sits level then it is good to hear you have it ok. if you hold it on the other side there is enough resistance in the gearing/motor to maybe hold it, mines has done it once before.

in other words you can cheat doing this but end of day only fooling yourself.

i'm utterly perplexed how people are getting these to balance with 1300mah packs.

cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default warp CG

I'll post up a video of it on Thursday if you like. Cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

it doesn't matter to me if yours balances or not. just happy you have a "good un" if you like.....enjoy.

all that matters here is if the owner is happy with it, if you are then great.

cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorheli2 View Post
thanks for your very very informative and constructive post.

cheers
yeah i thought the same when i was reading about nitros CoG in the past days comparing to a new designed & released electric one...

still looking for why some have no issues with light 1300er packs and others can't get it right even with much heavier packs.

BLHeli with locator beacon now!
honkytown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

still looking for why some have no issues with light 1300er packs and others can't get it right even with much heavier packs.
do you have a warp? is yours tail heavy?

i think there are some people who can't critisise what they own or perhaps are not good enough to tell the difference or they don't care, i personally have no problems with any of those as it is each to their own.

however like you it seems i struggle to understand how a new heli with a blank sheet of paper ends up with these basic basic issues. i have read compass are a good company at fixing faults so i'm very happy to give them the chance to get new motors, tail/frames etc to fix these issues.

other people have issues with belts jumping etc but i have not had this yet nor looked into it to comment on anything else.

cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah i thought the same when i was reading about nitros CoG in the past days comparing to a new designed & released electric one...

Seems those who have owned a Compass heli before or currently either don't think the cg matters much or that their heli balances perfect.Seems a little suspicious but maybe they just know more than your average person?
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade 500x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
Maybe lighter grips would be the ticket.The Blade 450x also uses a 4mm tail shaft and has a thrust washer aluminum grip in their upgrade section.Another helifreak member is sending me some so I will check fit and weight.
Steve
I believe you mean the blade 500x the 450 X has a 3 mm shaft. I also ordered a set with the plastic blade grips from my local hobby shop. Hopefully it is a smaller diameter and lighter weight.
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon04 View Post
I guess you missed it
No, I think that YOU missed the point of my post. The Warp flies very well for being such a 'brick' and tail heavy bird.

I, like many, have no problems with people stating their opinions, but I have mine also, as do others who are out flying their Warps with no problem.

With my battery mounted as in the pic, it is very secure and balances fine. One strap and velcro holds it very well.

The bottom line is how well the bird flies, and the Warp is an outstanding flyer. I have owned dozens of helicopters over the years, and none of them are perfect, especially first releases.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well if yours is fine then it stands to reason there is a massive difference in kits then since a lot of people can't get it to balance using very similar equipment.

My own one needs just shy of 50g on the nose with the pack held on with 1 strap and right forward.

So either I have the bad kit or you do? Agreed? Out of the 2 of us your tail is either 10-15g lighter or your nose is 50g heavier....OR something else........

The correct fix is new frames, I hope compass are looking in.

Cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
Seems those who have owned a Compass heli before or currently either don't think the cg matters much or that their heli balances perfect.Seems a little suspicious but maybe they just know more than your average person?
Steve
So Steve, you are saying that only those who have owned Compass helis before (i.e. fan boys) or are ignorant are the those who are not complaining so much?

I've owned a couple of Compass helis before but I'm no fan boy. As I've said before, mine balances fine and flies great. It is certainly not perfect, but it is very rare for a new release not to have some issues, in my case none have been showstoppers.

If you have issues you can get them resolved and should be happy, if not, then move on after making your case. Im sure the Warp is not for everybody.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorheli2 View Post
Well if yours is fine then it stands to reason there is a massive difference in kits then since a lot of people can't get it to balance using very similar equipment.

My own one needs just shy of 50g on the nose with the pack held on with 1 strap and right forward.

So either I have the bad kit or you do? Agreed? Out of the 2 of us your tail is either 10-15g lighter or your nose is 50g heavier....OR something else........

The correct fix is new frames, I hope compass are looking in.

Cheers
I have the same exact pack and with the battery mounted with one strap just like in the pic I posted with the canopy on balances perfect and flies fine.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

So something is wrong here then, you have to agree.

So the choices I see are simply

1. Your tail is lighter than mine. Since so little plastic out there I'm dubious that is the cause but a possible none the less. Doubtful the CNC process is that far off for the tail holder etc but again a possible.

2. The plastic at the front is 50g heavier than mine which means it would be in the 62g region. And yes I have weighed most bits on this heli now and have a note.

3. One of us is wrong/balancing it wrong way. I.e tail holds against gearing when horizontal.

If you think there are more please add them on.

However if your happy to weight your tail etc we can certainly compare and narrow this down.

Cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

So everything is in one place this is the current setup. Note the battery is about 1" or so further forward now ofcourse. Basically as far as it will go while a strap still holding it nicely.

https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...5&d=1357691566

Cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default warp CG

In that pic you have alot of motor wire behind the shaft.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in