Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FYI

Crashed today. Broke mainshaft and top of frame. I am just angry the frame broke. I have to do a complete rebuild.
5.0 MUSTANG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So angry, I fell to ask. What should I do different during the rebuild?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Put a frame brace on it.
Lu523 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

do the frames break in almost every crash? i don't remember ever having a frame break on any of my crashes when i use to fly.... blade 400, gaui 200, trex 250, trex 450. I think the trex 450 is the only one i didn't crash though lol

only one i don't regret getting rid of is the trex 250. but got laid off and needed the money.
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't attach the skids with skrews, use the cable tie trick (8 ties in total). Prevents the frame tabs from snapping off...

Frame stiffener is a must for several reasons!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

No they don't break every time. I broke mine on the first crash and added a lynx plate to both of my 300s. One has crashed "many" times due to motor cut out trouble that will never be resoved and the frame never broke. One of those was over a 100' drop. LOL!
skyduck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here! Had my first crash with mine on Saturday and my frame broke as well. I'm with ya, almost a full rebuild now. My crash was pretty hard though. And I was surprised how affordable the 300x is to repair. Blades and blade grips were fine. My crash is only about $40 to repair. Same crash on my 450 3D would have been $100 or more easy. I think I'm going to mount the AR7200BX on top of the frame when I put the new frame on. That way it's less sensitive to vibes and easier to see the status lights.

SHYGUY: Whats the cable tie trick?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	427479  
OXY 3, LYNX Heli Innovations Team Pilot
Teeyo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Don't attach the skids with skrews, use the cable tie trick (8 ties in total). Prevents the frame tabs from snapping off...

Frame stiffener is a must for several reasons!
Sorry to hear you guys had a issue and the frame broke.
I had a mild crash with mine as I was landing when a wind gust hit me from the side, but I was lucky enough to be close to the ground and only broke the main shaft and bent the feathering shaft and broke some teeth off the main gear also. It also stripped a gear in my Ale servo. But got it fixed back and as I fixed her I put the Lynx frame stiffener on it.......very nice stiffener by the way. I got to get one for my other 300 now.
Hope you get them going again soon !
Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks all.
Just spoke with HH. They are sending a frame and admitted the 300x frame is weak. I just ordered a frame brace from Helidirect. I am considering your advise to relocate the beastx to the top; because I could not go into stunt mold due to vibriations.

This rebuild will make me look good or bad. Time will tell.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 MUSTANG View Post
Thanks all.
Just spoke with HH. They are sending a frame and admitted the 300x frame is weak. I just ordered a frame brace from Helidirect. I am considering your advise to relocate the beastx to the top; because I could not go into stunt mold due to vibriations.

This rebuild will make me look good or bad. Time will tell.
Agree, better with the BX on top. Make sure you change 3 parameters in the BX setup then (to reverse sensor directions). Just do the full BX setup pr. manual.

Here's the zip tie landing gear mod:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=539036
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 MUSTANG View Post
I am considering your advise to relocate the beastx to the top; because I could not go into stunt mold due to vibriations.
Just do it. It's probably the best mod you can make to tame strange behavior due to vibrations. I helped a buddy this weekend with his. It was doing the random right roll thing at unpredictable intervals. If there were any excessive vibrations they were so slight as to be undetectable. Interestingly enough his 300X has a Microbeast instead of the AR7200BX so it proves it's not an AR7200BX specific phenomenon. We moved the Microbeast up, changed the sensor/piro opt. directions and it flies perfectly now.

I think they (HH/Blade) just decided to put it inside the frame because the gyro mount they molded on the tail block is a little small and it would be kind of awkward to mount it up there with their big foam pad thingy. Use the strong gray 3M tape and you're good to go.

Last edited by Nelsonisms; 06-14-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: FYI

I also recommend the loctite mod while the motor is out. I have a box dedicated to feathering spindles because I replace them after every crash but I don't think any of them are actually bent.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeloron View Post
I have a box dedicated to feathering spindles because I replace them after every crash but I don't think any of them are actually bent.
And once you get enough of them you could form them into a tiny windchime.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
And once you get enough of them you could form them into a tiny windchime.
If I use my broken and bent main shafts I may have enough parts. I can hang them all from a stripped main gear.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I take old main/feathering shafts to work and check their runout on either the lathe or Bridgeport...grab 'em with a small collet and put a dial indicator on the far end. Have yet to bend a main shaft but feathering shafts die easily.

You could probably do the same thing with a thick piece of glass, give it a roll and you'll be surprised at how easy it is to see even a minimal bend. For shafts that are cross-drilled you'll have to chamfer the hole edges first.
HamminHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FYI

+1 on bx relocating! I did this to mine after a full rebuild (hit the side of my brick house)
Frame basically grenaded (still never found all the pieces) just take your time and triple check all the frame screws to make sure you didn't miss any. I had forgot just 1 and the bird shook like crazy. It's a learning process for sure... Good luck!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

lol, one of the worst vibration issues I ever had was when I left a screw out of the landing gear. With the heli spinning up, you didnt spot it because the weight of the bird kept it down, but once you got light on the skids and lifted off, it got bad quick. That one took me a bit to track down

Crashed mine once, lost orientation in the sun on around my 5th flight. Landed on its side int he grass from about 20 feet up after i got scared and hit TH. Main blades, feathering shaft, one blade grip, replaced mainshaft for good measure. Frame came out ok without brace, have since added one

Been over a 100 flights since ok.....this is the one that gets the scorpion and lite ice 50 in a week or so.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks all. I have finished the rebuild and back in the sky. I relocated the beastx to the top and love it. Be sure to check setup f, m and n. I did not check N and nearly put it in the PINE TREES. I am currently having issues getting both blades pitched to 12 degrees. I have swashplate level. Sorry other threads have address this; so I am out. Thanks all again. Fly safe.

DRIVE MUSTANGS HARD AND FLY HARD! PEACE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in